Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    These stories about speed remind me of the 60's ........Long beach to San Francisco race and everyone shows up and starts talking trash talk about their speeds. My boat does 75 ....no, my boat does 80...etc etc. Aronow is asked by the Sports Illustrated writer who is there covering the race....Don, how fast is that little boat of yours. Oh, on a good day we can do 62 MPH with it. Yup, you know the ending, Don won with an average just over 60MPH
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    These stories about speed remind me of the 60's ........Long beach to San Francisco race and everyone shows up and starts talking trash talk about their speeds. My boat does 75 ....no, my boat does 80...etc etc. Aronow is asked by the Sports Illustrated writer who is there covering the race....Don, how fast is that little boat of yours. Oh, on a good day we can do 62 MPH with it. Yup, you know the ending, Don won with an average just over 60MPH
    It seems the more things change the more they stay the same!!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Saccenti View Post
    Yes sure do.. The gentleman on the left is my buddy Little Tommy.. He is the owner of Thunder Chief. If you see Tom, ask him about the time we took his Apache out for a test run off of Fort Lauderdale in 6’ seas.

Toms Apache was previous owned by the Storino Family who owns Jenkins Pavilion on the beach in Point Pleasant N.J. Jenkins Pavilion has been host to offshore Powerboat events for over forty years.
    Great story Bobby. I will definatelly ask him. I know he will have 10 more stories to go along with it. Little Tommy is a great guy. He loves that boat.
    Jr.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche3Six View Post
    Great stupid comment.
    Come on Ed, have a sense of humor!

5. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    [QUOTE=fund razor;24988]Thanks for the response.
    I am told that the original owner was a scuba diver. Could have been named Mr. Pullen. He lived in the Miami area, and the boat was then used by his son, who sold it finally early this year. I am told that the boat stayed in Miami from 88 to 08.
    It had a couple of custom touches in the cabin, most notably built-in storage for air tanks, two each side in the side lockers, with recessed holders and straps.

I am happy to hear that the Pullen family owned their Apache for twenty years, and now a new owner is enjoying it.. The name don’t ring a bell.. Perhaps Mr. Pullen bought his Apache from one of the few dealers we had at that time. Although I do recall something about fabricating custom dive tank holders in a 28' Apache back then. Just can’t put my finger on this one..

6. Collapse Details

Frank
    I have a sense of humor, and if you posted something funny I would laugh.
    But, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about Mark McManus. And it is readily apparent.
    Myself, ApacheCarl, Nykamp, Duna, the Delatore brothers and scores of other Offshore Powerboat guys feel Mark's Powerboats are something special. I'm sure they don't appreciate a pointed childlike comment towards McManus either. And maybe McManus reads it and decides not to join SOS and post. There goes that wealth of knowledge. It is just unnecessary.
    Ed
    Some people like the Giants, some like the Jets. Just because someone pokes fun doesn't mean a thing... You should feel confident enough in yourself not to worry what anyone else thinks. If Mark doesn't join this forum because of something one person says then shame on him.

PS, see ya on the water sometime.

7. Collapse Details

You're too fragile.. lol

I'll see ya out on the water sometime.....

8. Collapse Details

TIME OUT!

30+ post from Mr. Bobby Saccenti on this thread- take the pissing contest else where?

I'm hoping my intervention allows both to "save face of having the last word" so we can continue learning from the legend who was involved with this storied brand.

Please?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    TIME OUT!

30+ post from Mr. Bobby Saccenti on this thread- take the pissing contest else where?

I'm hoping my intervention allows both to "save face of having the last word" so we can continue learning from the legend who was involved with this storied brand.

Please?
    Agreed Mark, let's talk about boats!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Island 001 (Large).jpg   2008_NYCPR13.jpg   2008_NYCPR15.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Thank you both

MM- the new voice of reason on SOS..

11. Collapse Details

ooppss- I guess in light of this thread I should specify the MM I was referring to is mo-ah; MarylandMark

12. Collapse Details

Tsunami
    I like how the exhaust is routed to balance both sides.

13. Collapse Details

nice Commanche

14. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Bobby ......we all know how great the boat is with sterndrives, but did you ever build any Apaches with outboards?
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

15. Collapse Details

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ-sgjuMJcg

22 Scout outboard

Read the comments as well- interesting. The Red Thunder is for sale $25K. Not an outboard but goes with the story..

16. Collapse Details

I remember a 33 at our marinaa a long time ago, probably a mid 80,s vintage. It was a center console wide beam withTRS and a tuna tower, pretty interesting boat.

Any details on that model Bobby?

17. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ-sgjuMJcg

22 Scout outboard

Read the comments as well- interesting. The Red Thunder is for sale $25K. Not an outboard but goes with the story..
    Mark

The Apache 21’ South race boat Rapid Transit did very well in their class.. That team had a lot of heart.

The I/O Scout Red Cloud was fast . It was owned and rigged by one of my former employees..

18. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Bobby ......we all know how great the boat is with sterndrives, but did you ever build any Apaches with outboards?
    Charlie

Yes I built two 36’ Apaches with outboards.. Both boats were exported to Margarita Venezuela..

Surprisingly enough the 36’ Apache ran great as an outboard application.. Nice attitude.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GetAttachment[1].jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member
    Also I built several 28’ Braves with outboards .. The 28’ Apache Brave also performed nicely with outboards..

Story about pictured boat.

The client that ordered the boat was from Colombia.. When the boat was ready for export, the owners partner show up with the buyer. They started arguing .. It seems that the partner wanted a fishing type boat.. So to make everybody happy I installed two Lee rod holders on the rear deck and saved the day.. They both left very happy and smiling..

Who said the boat business is easy…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ElNegro.jpg  

20. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    WarHawk
    Ed, what are details on WarHawk Where is it located? Power? Is that a 41'??

Nice boat, had not seen that one before.