Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Dont feel bad John, my Cigarette Hatch leaks on the driver's side!!! it must be karma!! come to think of it every boat I have had has had a leaky hatch!!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WMF View Post
    Dont feel bad John, my Cigarette Hatch leaks on the driver's side!!! it must be karma!! come to think of it every boat I have had has had a leaky hatch!!!
    We call that starboard, Bill.

I am tossing the bilge pumps and float switches too. Too much milkshake for too long. They have it all inside.

Just take the Cig to a real marine joint and have them fix the hatch. Just don't take it to the corvette guys unless you only need paint.

Hoping to get parts very soon. Ordered rotating assemblies first week of March and I am still waiting.

3. Collapse Details

I've yet to encounter a boat that didn't have a deck hatch leak.
    Does such an animal exist?
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    We call that starboard, Bill.

I am tossing the bilge pumps and float switches too. Too much milkshake for too long. They have it all inside.

Just take the Cig to a real marine joint and have them fix the hatch. Just don't take it to the corvette guys unless you only need paint.

Hoping to get parts very soon. Ordered rotating assemblies first week of March and I am still waiting.
    I have already fixed the hatch tonight, I can fix somethings!! just not paint work!! I want pics of the bad cabin!! post some up, you mean you cant clean it? When I got the boat it had mold in it, but it cleaned right up!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000598.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

I guess if there is a little mold left, it takes off. It was a florida boat, after all.

That is the pic from the suirvey, I believe.
    So, two owners ago. Perhaps a pic from late 2007.

The cabin is actually kind of a yellow, with red and black mold. Anything plastic has the red mold, anything vinyl has the black.

I may be able to save the headliner. Hopefully a bleach solution will kill the fuzz in all the hull lockers, so I can paint them to try to stop it.

I need to figure out a gasket of some kind for the anchor locker. Water gets in there and it has trouble getting out.

6. Collapse Details

wheres the pik?
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

7. Collapse Details

I need to figure out a gasket of some kind for the anchor locker. Water gets in there and it has trouble getting out.
    Dude, can ya do a drain hole at the bottom????

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Dude, can ya do a drain hole at the bottom????
    It has a drain hole... but there is an upper and a lower level... and some hangs out.

9. Collapse Details

It is in the bow Tracy.

10. Collapse Details

Speaking of lil things to do.... the boat has two lights. One transom light and one 360 degree white 2nm mast light on the deck forward of the cabin.
    There is a wire to the bow. Should I do a bow combo light or should I do a red light midships port and a green light midships starboard? The combo light would be easier, if the wire is good. If it is bad (it's glassed in) it would be easier to do side mounted.

I need to change the mast light out for one that has forward light for running and 360 nfor mooring.

11. Collapse Details

you are making me feel bad John!! here is a pic after is was cleaned!! it cant be that bad!! did you put moisture control bag and cans in her over the winter?? why do you need a cabin!! get her running!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03962.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Don't feel bad Bill. I did a bag, and had it in a dry place, but I think that the bad hatch may have given it just enough moisture that it sprouted, then sort of laid dormant over the winter. But the bag filled up and that was that. I parked it from October to April.

It is nothing to feel bad about Bill. I knew that the potential was there when I put it away. A little mold left over can take off.
    Heck.... the power amp has mold on it.

13. Collapse Details

Don't feel bad Bill. I did a bag, and had it in a dry place, but I think that the bad hatch may have given it just enough moisture that it sprouted, then sort of laid dormant over the winter. But the bag filled up and that was that. I parked it from October to April.

It is nothing to feel bad about Bill. I knew that the potential was there when I put it away. A little mold left over can take off.
    Heck.... the power amp has mold on it.
    Well get cleaning!! get the boat on the water!! where it belongs!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WMF View Post
    Well get cleaning!! get the boat on the water!! where it belongs!!
    I will. I swear.

15. Collapse Details

John we had some yellowing on our interior that cleaned up really well last year, but I worked hard to get it that way.

I used diluted Purple Power and a Magic Eraser as my main source of cleaning products. I wipped down the area first, left it wet, then used the ME and PP, scrubbed well, then took a clean water rag and rinsed that area. It came out well. We were able to get the yellow out of ours.

Make sure you use bleach and water on the mold, otherwise you have the potential for it to come back, plus it will help take the stale smell out of the boat.
    Queen of Bammin'

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post
    John we had some yellowing on our interior that cleaned up really well last year, but I worked hard to get it that way.

I used diluted Purple Power and a Magic Eraser as my main source of cleaning products. I wipped down the area first, left it wet, then used the ME and PP, scrubbed well, then took a clean water rag and rinsed that area. It came out well. We were able to get the yellow out of ours.

Make sure you use bleach and water on the mold, otherwise you have the potential for it to come back, plus it will help take the stale smell out of the boat.
    I am right there with you with the bleach. I started in the anchor locker, and I will work my way back in every locker, then I will start at the bow again and hit it again for good measure. Then I will paint the lockers when dry and clean with some Petit. With all of that and the new hatch, I should be ok. But the actual cushions may be too far gone. We will see. They were so "alive" that the zipper pulls disintegrated and became one with the seat base underneath.

I will get rid of it all. The boat sits in the sun and I can leave it open whenever it is low humidity out.

17. Collapse Details

get a dehumidifier and stick it in there... would a prime base of killz help in the lockers?
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    get a dehumidifier and stick it in there... would a prime base of killz help in the lockers?
    I have a bag that I can "re-charge" I thought about killz, but am thinking that if I kill the mold first and get as much of it phyicially off the boat, some petit would make a nice barrier coat. (and look nice)
    1988 sure was a great year for access hatches to empty spaces.

19. Collapse Details

Kilz is pigmented shellac with an anti-microbial chemical in it. It will keep drywall that's got bacteria in it from staining through new latex paint. But it won't hold up in a boat.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Kilz is pigmented shellac with an anti-microbial chemical in it. It will keep drywall that's got bacteria in it from staining through new latex paint. But it won't hold up in a boat.
    That is what I was thinking.