Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    From C&D's review of the ZR1...

The ZR1’s steering still doesn’t have the leanness or data-bit flow of a Porsche 911’s, but placing and holding the nose where it’s needed is easier and takes less guesswork and prayer.

Different strokes for different folks...that's why there are so many cars to choose from. Regardless, I'm not good enough to drive those cars at that level and personally think real high end cars to be a waste because unless you get on a track you can't legally drive them like they want to be driven. I'm real content with my 1997 911S, not the fastest but a blast to drive; and it hasn't lost much of it's value over the years and is a classic; the last of the 993 air cooled cars.

That is why I think performance boats are more fun...you can run at speed without the added worry of LE most of the time.
    But nobody knew those 993 S/ Turbos were going to hold their value so well.... The 2001-2004 Turbos are very fast/reliable but don't seem to hodl their value anywhere near as well as the previous generation 911's.

The boats are more fun especially when the lawmen couldn't catch you if they wanted to!

2. Collapse Details

I'm real content with my 1997 911S, not the fastest but a blast to drive; and it hasn't lost much of it's value over the years and is a classic; the last of the 993 air cooled cars.
    100% agree. I sold my '95 993 cab a few years ago, but I plan on replacing it with a 993 coupe soon. My favorite series for sure.

3. Collapse Details

From C&D's review of the ZR1...

The ZR1’s steering still doesn’t have the leanness or data-bit flow of a Porsche 911’s, but placing and holding the nose where it’s needed is easier and takes less guesswork and prayer.

Different strokes for different folks...that's why there are so many cars to choose from. Regardless, I'm not good enough to drive those cars at that level and personally think real high end cars to be a waste because unless you get on a track you can't legally drive them like they want to be driven. I'm real content with my 1997 911S, not the fastest but a blast to drive; and it hasn't lost much of it's value over the years and is a classic; the last of the 993 air cooled cars.

That is why I think performance boats are more fun...you can run at speed without the added worry of LE most of the time.
    Exactly! Sure would suck if there wasn't all the options to argue about on the internet.

Unfortunately I can't afford any real speed on the water (at least in a boat size I'd want to run on St Clair), so I'll take my cheap speed in the vette.

4. Collapse Details

Hey, the 48 has been winning a lot lately in a Chevy...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Five Cent Worth View Post
    Hey, the 48 has been winning a lot lately in a Chevy...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    NASCAR; Toyota:
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

6. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Chevy in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series, 2009 season: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
    ________

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Chevy in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series, 2009 season: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
    The only thing factory in any of the cars is the emblem
    Run until it sounds expensive

8. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    The only thing factory in any of the cars is the emblem
    Shhhhhhhh.......Don't tell anyone
    ________