Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Damn CUV
    In my post 116 and 117 in red are my errors.
    Then right it is the list of Graham with six 41' built with probability.
    GB Pedrini-Gruppo Dalle Carbonare doesn't have in common anything with that 38' of Della Valle CTC 2009 winner.

2. Collapse Details
    CUV info revealed
    Found some info in a corner of the darkroom re the Trussardi boats.Look at the date of construction.Now we know what the bow eye stamp was on Trussardi No88.
    I hope you can read my CUV mono list (needs adjusting for latest confirmation of Trussardi No 88).Forget the different colours,that a secret code!
    BTW is `Olli` Olli Tennant of snapper fame in the 80`s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TRUSSARDI (1986).jpg   TRUSSARDI (1988).jpg   CUV LIST.jpg  

3. Collapse Details
    Cuv list
    Second attempt at posting list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cuv list 1.jpg   cuv list 2.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

I see that also you have the yearbook 'Offshore 1988' and I believe that in your library it doesn't also miss the book of Mario Risi 'Questo è l' Offshore' where you can verify that the year of construction of the 38'Trussardi Parfums of Giovio was 1987.
    As you know the technical data among the media they are always taut out as the numbers of the Loto.
    However your list I believe is all right so with an only correction:
    1982-No 534 - Caliente - A.Piras - wasn't a 38' but the Picchiotti 35'

Instead I am that I still have to correct me in comparison to thing I have written tonight:
    GB Pedrini-Pago Iranian Loom is probably a 38' with the fourth place behind drawn by the little space that also the 38' they had between the cockpit and the engine room.
    Then GB Pedrini-Pago Iranian Loom probably was the former 38' of Della Valle with the two Lambos.

However here I post a my list of CUV monos in PDF.

P.S. ....what the bow eye stamp was on Trussardi No88. ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CUV MONO       CORRECTIONS.pdf  

5. Collapse Details
    Cuv list
    Looking at your list Marco.one boat catches my eye,and that is Offshore Unlimited II.This was the boat that Patrick Caldenty sold to Tim Grimshaw to be renamed Cinzano for the 2008 season, a 38ft CUV,now owned by Markus Hendrick who won the CTC 2009.Offshore Unlimited I was his cobra (ex-Beep Beep).
    The bow eye was mentioned in a previous post,stamped 3/86.

I hope the rest of the devotees on this thread are following all this,as there will be questions later!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OFFSHORE UNLIMITED II (2005).jpg  

6. Collapse Details
    Iranian Loom
    Only a very poor pic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0153.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	42303

7. Collapse Details

I'm staying out of this one!! You boys are doing just fine.........

8. Collapse Details
    More lose ends
    In your Alitalia Due section Marco,the 1980/81 boats are Picchiotti own design surely.My CTC 1980 report states Smania used the old Dry Martini 2repainted Ciga Hotels,after the white painted ciga boat caught fire,whilst Niccolai used his new Picchiotti designed boat Martini Racing.Also my CTC 1981 report states Rombo was an ex-Alitalia boat which must have been Alitalia Tre,which went on to be the white Ciga Hotels that caught fire,but which was repaired.I think you confirmed this in a previous post.

9. Collapse Details
    Ciga hotels 1980
    Just had another look at the CTC 1980 Ciga boat,and I must admit it looks more like the old Alitalia Uno (you did say it was once ,Marco).Why have the deck aft of the cockpit still in alloy colour when Dry Martini 2 then Ego was all white.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIGA HOTELS UNO (1980) 2.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
    In your Alitalia Due section Marco,the 1980/81 boats are Picchiotti own design surely.My CTC 1980 report states Smania used the old Dry Martini 2repainted Ciga Hotels,after the white painted ciga boat caught fire,whilst Niccolai used his new Picchiotti designed boat Martini Racing.Also my CTC 1981 report states Rombo was an ex-Alitalia boat which must have been Alitalia Tre,which went on to be the white Ciga Hotels that caught fire,but which was repaired.I think you confirmed this in a previous post.
    Your reports are correct partly and I have forgotten these details in my last list.
    I remind me that we painted of white the sides of the old Alitalia Uno that she been sleeping among the dust for one year in the yard Firebird because the owner was from the 1979 Moreno Maestrelli that he didn't like race.
    The reports are wrong as usual.
    Instead 1981 Rombo was the 38' that it burned during the 1980 VBV and that after the my almost suicide on board it had its new but scarce attractive suit in the colors with that pink together with the blue one.

11. Collapse Details

The simplest way to distinguish the Alitalias Uno and Three with the 38' from the Rombo in then it is to look at the windscreen: slightly convex for the first two and more sensitively concave for the others 38.' The Alitalia Two that then became Dry Martini 2 instead it clearly preserved the windscreen first type of the 1977 of dimensions redoubts.
    Only after the lifting also wanted by Della Valle for KW 1981 this boat it assumed the characteristic windscreen of the aircraft carrier Hermes.
    I think that to that time the Prince's Charles Sea-Harrier would have been able to take off from that CUVs 38.'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rombo.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by olli View Post
    Only a very poor pic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0153.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	42303
    Good job Olli! You are right.
    This image confirms that Iranian Loom probably was the former Delle Carbonare-Ego Pinot di Pinot.
    And however we must add this winged version to the list ,Graham.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eberhard.jpg  
    Last edited by Black Tornado; 09-27-2009 at 05:02 PM.

13. Collapse Details
    Iranian loom
    Sure,I`ll add to the list,but what year did it race?
    Do we now have a 38 and a 41ft raced by J.Carrain,the yellow one ex-GB Pedrini and the winged 41ft Dalle Carbonaire or was it pre Dalle Carbonaire?
    More pills nurse!

14. Collapse Details
    Iranian Loom
    I Think the 1990...
    We wait Olli.

15. Collapse Details
    Iranian Loom
    Mystery solved.Just checked my 1992 Venice - Monte DVD and the winged Iranian Loom is on it driven by J,Carrain.For ref the 1991 Venice - Monte had both Pago Fruit Juice (Bisazza) and the winged Dalle Carbonaire (J.Carrain) in it.J.Carrain went on to use Pago Fruit Juice in Trieste Worlds in 1991.

16. Collapse Details

Looking at your list Marco.one boat catches my eye,and that is Offshore Unlimited II.This was the boat that Patrick Caldenty sold to Tim Grimshaw to be renamed Cinzano for the 2008 season, a 38ft CUV,now owned by Markus Hendrick who won the CTC 2009.Offshore Unlimited I was his cobra (ex-Beep Beep).
    The bow eye was mentioned in a previous post,stamped 3/86.

I hope the rest of the devotees on this thread are following all this,as there will be questions later!
    About the Unlimited II I haven't info in my files and I had not associated yet that name to the 38' of Caldente but I now add it to the list and I have removed it from those 41.'
    Speaking of the Cobra-Unlimited I also I had the strong suspicion that was one of the Beep Beeps of Halpern. But when I have looked for confirmation from Caldente he could not confirm it. Do you have some infos?

17. Collapse Details

Mystery solved.Just checked my 1992 Venice - Monte DVD and the winged Iranian Loom is on it driven by J,Carrain.For ref the 1991 Venice - Monte had both Pago Fruit Juice (Bisazza) and the winged Dalle Carbonaire (J.Carrain) in it.J.Carrain went on to use Pago Fruit Juice in Trieste Worlds in 1991.
    Then 1991 and 1992 are the years to put in the list.
    Also I have that videos but I am lazy....

18. Collapse Details

Just had another look at the CTC 1980 Ciga boat,and I must admit it looks more like the old Alitalia Uno (you did say it was once ,Marco).Why have the deck aft of the cockpit still in alloy colour when Dry Martini 2 then Ego was all white.
    However before the 1980 CTC- in Sweden-Smania also raced with the old 38' of Niccolai in loan and without changing name and colors-Martini Racing.

19. Collapse Details
    CUV Mono List
    The updated list waiting others corrections...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CUV MONO       CORRECTIONS.pdf  

20. Collapse Details
    Iranian loom pic
    Bit of a grim pic off the DVD.

Like you Marco,I have to go through my DVD`s to check all these oddball areas.

I have commented on the cobras a few days ago on OSO.Check it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IRANIAN LOOM.jpg