Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 10-07-2010 at 08:24 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Really, what clowns. Trying to accomodate a guy who dumped his unapproved boat on them illegally at the 11th hour before the first race, ignoring warnings they would regret it, who repaid them by pounding them into the ground, who got on the Internet and bragged about himself and mocked his fellow competitors, while using false screen names and pretending to be someone else, who refused to allow his boat to be teched properly while protesting anything the old boats did to get competitive, whose boat is 5-10 mph faster in all conditions, who cannot lose unless he breaks, etc., etc.

I mean, really, what clowns. Now that they have pissed a ton of money away chasing a ghost, and ruined the value of their boats, they should finish what they started, spend thousands more, and be this guy's bitch two more times. Otherwise, what will he have to brag about?

I mean, really, what clowns. It isn't fair for them to let him race only to quit now. C'mon. Man up, clowns.
    Mike...who cares about the clown...I'm saying the comment about the Fountain is priceless....
    And if you really look at the whole picture....
    Who did not listen to you about letting in the Fountain to begin with?
    Who did not make the rules like they should?
    Who made changes to there boats that were not in the rules?
    Did Martin give any money to the SVL teams and did he have anything to do with this?
    Have you ever seen a sport were the teams run the sport?

This was a simple problem to handle...
    The SVL owners run there own class...
    If the Fountain team did not follow the rules on building the boat then it should have never been let into OSS, SBI or OPA...
    In St Clair..some racers said they had no problem with the boat..they had a problem with the driver and OPA's tech...
    You said it yourself...after Biloxi...that boat is only going to get faster...and it did....
    No one is suprised of this outcome...
    but who is to blame on this:
    OSS...OPA...SBI....Martin....Fountain....DOC....The SVL teams...The Pres of SVL...
    Why can't the SVL's just race in OSS and not let any Fountains in...
    And now one of the SVL racers said that 90% of the teams are onboard for Martins P1 class next year....sounds like everything is just fine....
    If its not..and this is all BS again....and the class falls apart...
    Then .....if those big shoes fit....wear them...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 10-07-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

3. Collapse Details

The Fountain should be the least of your worries. Most likely after OB this thread will be re-directed cause we're coming baby. Our clock sits easily on the century mark too.

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    The Fountain should be the least of your worries. Most likely after OB this thread will be re-directed cause we're coming baby. Our clock sits easily on the century mark too.
    Can't wait to see that boat....sounds like all that hard work paid off...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 10-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Mike...who cares about the clown...I'm saying the comment about the Fountain is priceless....
    And if you really look at the whole picture....
    Who did not listen to you about letting in the Fountain to begin with?
    Who did not make the rules like they should?
    Who made changes to there boats that were not in the rules?
    Did Martin give any money to the SVL teams and did he have anything to do with this?
    Have you ever seen a sport were the teams run the sport?

This was a simple problem to handle...
    The SVL owners run there own class...
    If the Fountain team did not follow the rules on building the boat then it should have never been let into OSS, SBI or OPA...
    In St Clair..some racers said they had no problem with the boat..they had a problem with the driver and OPA's tech...
    You said it yourself...after Biloxi...that boat is only going to get faster...and it did....
    No one is suprised of this outcome...
    but who is to blame on this:
    OSS...OPA...SBI....Martin....Fountain....DOC....The SVL teams...The Pres of SVL...
    Why can't the SVL's just race in OSS and not let any Fountains in...
    And now one of the SVL racers said that 90% of the teams are onboard for Martins P1 class next year....sounds like everything is just fine....
    If its not..and this is all BS again....and the class falls apart...
    Then .....if those big shoes fit....wear them...
    I completely agree. 'cept, the SVL racer who made the 90% claim, Randy, is full of it.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    Of course it does. All one-off boats right out the mold run 6 mph faster than their competitors.......

You have come across pretty well grounded and reasonable until that post. Good luck
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    Of course it does. All one-off boats right out the mold run 6 mph faster than their competitors.......

You have come across pretty well grounded and reasonable until that post. Good luck
    That one was one of my guys taking liberty's on an unattended keyboard. Please disregard.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post

Now that is a real "Belly Laugh"

9. Collapse Details

I can't believe Fountain hasn't used SVL as a new Marketing campaign. I could see it going something like this.

" We pull out a mothballed mold from a discountined hull and destroy the competition, class and the will of the other racers. Just wait till we use the current molds!"

That would even top the famous add where Hustler announced buying Fountain.

10. Collapse Details

If the SVL Club runs the class and one boat is refusing tech and breaking the rules why weren’t they DQ'ed on the spot?
    <Standing Ovation> What HE said!
    Abbysomeone

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    I can't believe Fountain hasn't used SVL as a new Marketing campaign. I could see it going something like this.

" We pull out a mothballed mold from a discountined hull and destroy the competition, class and the will of the other racers. Just wait till we use the current molds!"

That would even top the famous add where Hustler announced buying Fountain.
    I got an idea. Why don't you and the other SV Classic Fountains get out there, man up, and race Brett and the other newer Fountains. Of course, you will get annihilated, but at least Brett will have the glory of kicking your tails, right? And shouldn't it be about the one guy with the cannon and not the 10 with knives? You guys are such ladies for having your own SV Classic class. I mean...

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    I got an idea. Why don't you and the other SV Classic Fountains get out there, man up, and race Brett and the other newer Fountains. Of course, you will get annihilated, but at least Brett will have the glory of kicking your tails, right? And shouldn't it be about the one guy with the cannon and not the 10 with knives? You guys are such ladies for having your own SV Classic class. I mean...
    Cause he would have to leave the state of Michigan, and do you know what a pair of sportmasters cost these days.

13. Collapse Details

Not quite the same arguement. If the new fountains met the weight, gear ratios and ran Bravos, I would more than welcome that.

Unlike SVL our class is open to any SV that meets those rules. Be it Cigarette, Outerlimits, Phantom, Extreme ANYONE. Most have tried but ended up in C3. It is simple, if you are 8200lbs and run twin 525s with bravos bring it on.

BTW Ladies run with #6s
    Last edited by Wahoo 214; 10-08-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

14. Collapse Details

Registered

15. Collapse Details

Not quite the same arguement. If the new fountains met the weight, gear ratios and ran Bravos, I would more than welcome that.

Unlike SVL our class is open to any SV that meets those rules. Be it Cigarette, Outerlimits, Phantom, Extreme ANYONE. Most have tried but ended up in C3. It is simple, if you are 8200lbs and run twin 525s with bravos bring it on.

BTW Ladies run with #6s
    Delude yourself into thinking whatever you want but it is EXACTLY the same thing. There was a time when his boat and the Skaters were absolutely legal Super Vees. You guys pussed out because you could not compete anymore and started your own class with rules that pushed the faster, newer technology boats out. And now you are telling them to abide your rules if they want to compete against you and then you will kick their arses. Hahahahahahaha. Oh yeah, totally different. Such crap.

Man up and let Brett kick your classic butt. It is only fair.

16. Collapse Details

Delude yourself into thinking whatever you want but it is EXACTLY the same thing. There was a time when his boat and the Skaters were absolutely legal Super Vees. You guys pussed out because you could not compete anymore and started your own class with rules that pushed the faster, newer technology boats out. And now you are telling them to abide your rules if they want to compete against you and then you will kick their arses. Hahahahahahaha. Oh yeah, totally different. Such crap.

Man up and let Brett kick your classic butt. It is only fair.
    EXACTLY THE SAME THING?

Now that's funny.

17. Collapse Details

Mike,

you are using rules to make your point which were not in effect when a least 3/4s of our class were not owners or racing boats. We bought our boats, like Doc, to fit a class. A class with rules. SVL also has rules which OSS, sbi, opa, and the class says the Fountian meets. So again. I don't buy your comparison.

Our class is open to ANY MANUFACTURE that like SVL runs 525s, Bravos, and 8200lbs

18. Collapse Details

EXACTLY THE SAME THING?

Now that's funny.
    What's the matter? You don't like it? Truth hurts huh? IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Here, I will show you. New rule for SVL: Single step only with the Lavey Craft grandfathered. "Hey dude, let Fountain run their 29' with the single step in the class and bring it on, man. We'll kick their butts yo!"

19. Collapse Details

Mike,

you are using rules to make your point which were not in effect when a least 3/4s of our class were not owners or racing boats. We bought our boats, like Doc, to fit a class. A class with rules. SVL also has rules which OSS, sbi, opa, and the class says the Fountian meets. So again. I don't buy your comparison.

Our class is open to ANY MANUFACTURE that like SVL runs 525s, Bravos, and 8200lbs
    Pfffffffft. Every boat in the class is a washed up former SV. Sorry man, delude yourself if you want but it is the EXACT same thing. Touched a nerve huh?

20. Collapse Details

Hey Mike....Dont you have any ambulances to chase. Cmon man, Give it a rest!