Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Don't know how close to Indiana you are, but they have a GREAT series of mountain bike and Xterra events...D.I.N.O. (Do INdiana Offroad). I did the Xterra in Newcastle last summer on like 3 days notice...ZERO swim training! It was a quick and painful reminder of why I hate swimming! Took third in my age group despite nearly drowning and being hampered by severe back pain on the run.

2. Collapse Details

I never come close to the top places, I'm happy with just finishing. Swimming's tough a lot different in open water vs. swimming laps in a pool.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member Edward R. Cozzi's Avatar
    Great thread!

I have been on a low-carb diet, (30 grams or less a day), since December 1, 2008. I started at 203.5 lbs. with 38" waist jeans. I do not diet on weekends.

Today I am 190 and getting into my old 36" jeans with no problem. My flabby belly is almost all gone and my back problems have been much less since I lost the gut.

I never wanted to be a diet fanatic, but I love what is happening to me. I cut out most junk foods and completely stopped drinking non-diet soda: 34 grams of carbs in a 12 oz. can!

It was torture during the Christmas holidays seeing those delicious cookies everyday.
    Athiests better pray they're right.

4. Collapse Details

Monty: "My problem is I've got no... no... what's the word I'm lookin' for..."
    Nicky: "Class."
    Monty: "No, I got no self control... You don't think I got any class?"
    Nicky: "No way Monty, you've got plenty of class."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fScy...eature=related
    Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 02-11-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Context

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

5. Collapse Details

I'm trying the low carb thing too. I went from 260 to 247 in the first two weeks. Cracking 245 has been tough though. But I'm 6'2" and I haven't been under 245 in close to 15 years. Additionally, other than booze and the occasional chips-a-hoy (preferred cookie of pirates, apparently) I don't eat a lot of garbage. I don't drink soda, I don't eat fast food much, I like vegatables...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    the man is looking for help and this is what he gets, if i had not masturbated ten minutes ago I would be extremely upset with all of you, but instead i think I will just take a nap
    Hope ya grab'd an afterglow smoke also ya Perv!!!

7. Collapse Details

Anyone in shape yet?

8. Collapse Details

I am working on it.........every day!!!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member Edward R. Cozzi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    I'm trying the low carb thing too. I went from 260 to 247 in the first two weeks. Cracking 245 has been tough though. But I'm 6'2" and I haven't been under 245 in close to 15 years. Additionally, other than booze and the occasional chips-a-hoy (preferred cookie of pirates, apparently) I don't eat a lot of garbage. I don't drink soda, I don't eat fast food much, I like vegatables...
    Don't give up! After a few weeks of low carbs your body goes into "ketosis". Now instead of storing fat, your body will burn the fat you have stored. I leveled off at 196 for a week before it finally started down again. Even on the weekends, when I do not diet, I have found I still do not abuse the carb intake. Lose the weight slowly and it will be better for you.
    Athiests better pray they're right.

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I'm in such good shape my body hurts constantly Last night I tossed and turned a large portion of the night because I felt sore everywhere. Each week I think it will get easier and then somehow I wind up adding something else to keep me hurting. This morning at the gym there was a guy, probably in his 40's working with a trainer, it might have been his first time. The poor guy had the largest flabbiest stomach, it was the kind that was loose and hung way down, like you could pick it up and tuck it in his shorts. I felt so bad for him knowing what a hard road he had in front of him.

Next week I am going to be in Park City, am excited because when I went skiing the last time I could hardly fit into my largest ski pants, this year I will be wearing ski pants that are two sizes down from that and they are even a little loose. Now I will be able to breathe when I bend down to buckle my ski boots I think the best thing about loosing weight is that I have a huge closet of clothes to choose from that for years I could not fit in to. Only now I have no where to wear them A friend keeps saying nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I try my best to think of that saying when I am falling off the wagon

11. Collapse Details

Yo9u are going to park City~I want in

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi View Post
    Don't give up! After a few weeks of low carbs your body goes into "ketosis". Now instead of storing fat, your body will burn the fat you have stored. I leveled off at 196 for a week before it finally started down again. Even on the weekends, when I do not diet, I have found I still do not abuse the carb intake. Lose the weight slowly and it will be better for you.
    Thanks Ed!

13. Collapse Details

I lost 50lbs since the end of november. A unreal cleanse diet. Made me a believer.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy View Post
    I lost 50lbs since the end of november. A unreal cleanse diet. Made me a believer.
    Details?

15. Collapse Details

If anyone swims I can help out with a routine that is not boring did it for 14 years competitively
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

16. Collapse Details

Wife & I have always worked out at home. Bought P90x program 8 wks ago -DVD exercise series, (saw on infomercial, yes an infomercial)
    Anyway we really like. Old school stuff, different each day, warm up, push ups, pull ups, barbells. Mixes in different stuff ea day. One day is yoga- hard stuff requires lots of strength. We are pushing 50 & getting buff.

Have eaten well for some time. Will cut back on beer next yr.

17. Collapse Details

My stepson bought this. I was checking it outs I think its a good program. Sound nutritional, and work outs are affective. Seems like it could be a bit complicated for a novice to understand at first but If followed I do believe it would create results. I acually want to try the plyometrics and yoga. I'm getting tired of good old weights and cardio.

18. Collapse Details

www.precisionnutrition.com .... the real deal... NO gimics.... just science and reality

19. Collapse Details

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
    If anyone swims I can help out with a routine that is not boring did it for 14 years competitively
    that square head of yours must have left a large wake
    Parabellum FJ²B