Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rtaylor View Post
    Can you please give an idea on the race sites you are thinking of?

Thanks.

Randy Taylor
    Hi Randy....

I talked to Smitty and he is all supportive of the Series....like always he is always supporting anything to better our sport....plus it will make it easier on my race team being we race in OPA....you can go onto the OPA race site and check out there race schedule....my plan will be to race the first 26 Joker in Class 6 till there is enough boats to have our own race... and run my boat in Class 2or 1 the same weekend....let me know if I can answer anymore questions on the Series for you.....

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    Gino and Brian, I hope this takes off. Best of luck with it. You have some great ideas and like Gordo said, it worked in the past. You will always have the cry babies complaining about this and that but you will also have the loyal few that will keep it going. Dave

Thanks Dave....I think once we get a few boats out there....we will really see it come together....

3. Collapse Details

Here is the 2009 OPA Schedule to give you an idea...

June 6-7 Ocean City Md
    July 25-26 Harrison Twp
    Aug 1-2 St Clair
    Aug 22-23 Patchogue
    Sept 5-6 Point Pleasant
    Sept 19 -20 Cambridge
    Oct 10-11 Chattanooga

Pending race dates May 9-10 TBA
    June 27-28 TBA

I will probably do 5 or 6 races in 2009 in the Joker....

4. Collapse Details

I talked to Tyler on Sat. and he is willing to run his 26 Joker in the Series with our engine and drive....Since we need boats right now...I will grandfather his boat in till we get a good boat count for the Series..at that time the owners can vote on if they want to keep his boat grandfather....his boat dose weight more then the Series 26's we will run...and the rigging will not be exactly like the Series boats but the engine, drive and X dem. will be rigged exactally to the Series boats ....but since the success of the Series will come down to boat count it is in the best interest of the Series to allow Tyles boat in for the first 2 years....with my hull already done and Tylers boat ready...and with Brians Team...we could have 3 boats ready by the beginning of April with a 4 boat done by the beginning of the OPA season...and would put us right on schedule with a possible 6+ teams by the Chattanogga race....thanks for all the input and all the folks that have contacted me about the Series and all the support the Series is getting.....it makes it worth the time and money that is being put in to putting this Series together...

1- Gino Marronne
    2- Brian Hollis
    3- Tyler Crocket
    4-
    5-Eddie Simmons (strong possibility)
    6-
    7-
    9-
    10-

I also have a few other teams that are interested in the Series and will get in contact with them to list them on here...I have been doing the Holiday thing over the last 12 days along with everyone else has....

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    You are shooting yourself in the foot already if you allow Tylers boat in, all you have done is talk about parity and changing the rules before your ever start racing? Are you going to allow Miklos and MA in with there Corsa's too?
    Ryan Beckley

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    You are hooting yourself in the foot already if you allow Tylers boat in, all you have done is talk about parity and changing the rules before your ever start racing? Are you going to allow Miklos and MA in with there Corsa's too?
    I already asked that

and the answer is no since there would be too much to change to keep parity...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    You are hooting yourself in the foot already if you allow Tylers boat in, all you have done is talk about parity and changing the rules before your ever start racing? Are you going to allow Miklos and MA in with there Corsa's too?
    Ryan....thanks for your input....but thats not how I see it or a lot of others...
    Do you know anything about Tylers boat?
    Do you know its weight?
    Have you seen it rigged?
    Do you know how differantly it is built to our 26's will be?
    Since you have some negitive thoughts on this destition....should you not know everyting about the boat inquestion....or will you be one of those guys who will just find fault on things....

And No...Steve and Mikes boats will not fit in....Tylers boat is the only one that was built to being very close to our Sereis boats....

But here is the Question.....
    The teams that are willing to committ to the Series have no problem with it....if anything he will be at a disadvantage to our boats...the owners will have a vote on when and if they want to elimnate his 26 in the Series....its Tyler that is willing to make all the changes to his boat...and spend that money....and in return he will be helping our Series.....
    Like I said in earlier posts....we will always find folks to complain about everything a Org dose..
    This desition I have made will 100% help the Series out for our boat count so we can at least put on some exabition races till we get the boat count to run the Series races....I'm sorry you feel its shooting myself in the foot....and again..thanks for your input...but looking at the whole picture....this Series needs to have boats to race against to show new racers this is a good investment with good compitition..and if you really see Tylers boat and ours and the rigging...in my mind you would see why my thinking went to approve this....

8. Collapse Details

Typical boat racing (you know scratch that.. Tyipcal racing) guys *****ing and complaining about something that has 100% zero affect of them...

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
    Typical boat racing (you know scratch that.. Tyipcal racing) guys *****ing and complaining about something that has 100% zero affect of them...
    Nobody likes racing more than Ryan. He and I are for all racers.

I think you have to admit grand fathering in a boat and changing rules before the first race is a surprise. It may be a good Idea. I will not argue that. I have no skin in this game.

I'm for ya Gino and I doubt Ryan is against you.

Good luck and Happy New Year

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post

I think you have to admit grand fathering in a boat and changing rules before the first race is a surprise. It may be a good Idea. I will not argue that. I have no skin in this game.

Jim,

I wasn't slamming Ryan (OK not directly I just see this in many series and many levels. I had it the other day with some NHRA P/S guys complaining to the tech about making some parts legal that their engine builder already had on order...

It just goes back to the whole deal that in a 3rd or 4th teir motorsport like Offshore is we all have to pull together...

Doug

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post

Hey Jim....I'm not saying Ryan is against me....and I also said thank you for his input...also in early posts I told Ryan I respect his input he has towards the Series...we don't have to agree with each other...and thats why I asked dose he really know Tylers boat and really know how ours will be rigged...Now..once Ryan see's Tylers boat and rigging and one of ours and the rigging and weight differance and then says I'm shooting myself in the foot becasue of the 2 boats then I would say he has made that statement based on this and that..but this is grandfathering a 26 Joker that weights over 600+ lbs more then ours becasue of the way he did the bottom....it came out of the same mold as ours will....his dash will be differant and a few things like guages and were exactly his pumps and minor equipment is located....if this boat ends up having any advantage then ours, changes will be made to it....but on the race course this boat will look just like ours and run just like ours....but lets not loose site of this Series and what it will take to get it going....we need to be able to get as many boats out there to put on a race...If Tylers boat gets us to the 4th or 5th boat in the Series so we can start the racing Series....that will be only a good thing....and also help us get more teams committed....If any team owner will not purchase one of our boats because of Tylers...they can contact me and I will take care of it so he will still join our Series.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Hey Jim....I'm not saying Ryan is against me....and I also said thank you for his input...also in early posts I told Ryan I respect his input he has towards the Series...we don't have to agree with each other...and thats why I asked dose he really know Tylers boat and really know how ours will be rigged...Now..once Ryan see's Tylers boat and rigging and one of ours and the rigging and weight differance and then says I'm shooting myself in the foot becasue of the 2 boats then I would say he has made that statement based on this and that..but this is grandfathering a 26 Joker that weights over 600+ lbs more then ours becasue of the way he did the bottom....it came out of the same mold as ours will....his dash will be differant and a few things like guages and were exactly his pumps and minor equipment is located....if this boat ends up having any advantage then ours, changes will be made to it....but on the race course this boat will look just like ours and run just like ours....but lets not loose site of this Series and what it will take to get it going....we need to be able to get as many boats out there to put on a race...If Tylers boat gets us to the 4th or 5th boat in the Series so we can start the racing Series....that will be only a good thing....and also help us get more teams committed....If any team owner will not purchase one of our boats because of Tylers...they can contact me and I will take care of it so he will still join our Series.
    I think that everybody loves the idea, but we are all skeptical of how ( fair ) it will actually hash out......I am not saying or bashing anybody but the first thing about this program is fairness, that is what will make it appealing.......It has to be a equal and trusted engine builder (not picked as far as i know) equal boat builder (no brainer joker is as close to perfect as they come) drive and rigging..........If you (gino) are going to get the ball rolling rule changes off the bat already scare people......We all would love a equal playing field to prove we can outdrive and out throttle the field......
    IT IS PARAMOUNT TO KEEP THE SUPPLIERS AND BUILDERS ON A FAIR AND EVEN PALYING FIELD....

Again gino this is a great idea and i think it has wings.....Good luck
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nocigarette View Post
    I think that everybody loves the idea, but we are all skeptical of how ( fair ) it will actually hash out......I am not saying or bashing anybody but the first thing about this program is fairness, that is what will make it appealing.......It has to be a equal and trusted engine builder (not picked as far as i know) equal boat builder (no brainer joker is as close to perfect as they come) drive and rigging..........If you (gino) are going to get the ball rolling rule changes off the bat already scare people......We all would love a equal playing field to prove we can outdrive and out throttle the field......
    IT IS PARAMOUNT TO KEEP THE SUPPLIERS AND BUILDERS ON A FAIR AND EVEN PALYING FIELD....

Again gino this is a great idea and i think it has wings.....Good luck
    I understand what your saying....but the guys that have committed, have no problem with Tylers boat....and I have not had 1 potental team owner call me with any concern....like I said...if your a team owner and are going to purchase one of our boats....I will take care of your concerns. But if the owners I have in the Series have no problem and they want another boat out there that is the same as ours....and they know it will build our Series not to mention the compitition....which will bring in more teams, then yes to bring in his boat is a plus for ever team that is a part of the Series, which they can vote to have the boat no longer grandfathered in.

As far as keeping the suppliers and builders on a fair and even playing feild...the suppliers are simple...I have been contacting a number of suppliers and giving them a chance to be part of the Series buy discounting the equipment we will be needing on a sponsorship program. We will all be running all the same equipment, and we will be using the suppliers picked for our parts now and in the furture. As far as the engine builder and manufacture...I have been talking and working with 2 manufactures on sponsorship deals and 4 engine builders...and have been working with every builder that has contacted me and have heard them out and given them a oppertunity to summitt what they can do for the Series...all 4 builders are very repitable and are Marine builders. I have had a number of ways to go with the engine building for the HP we will need. I have taken the time to hear them out and weight the options before deciding. I feel very confident on all 4 builders work and would be very comfortable with any of them in our Series....but in the end it will be a price issue to keep our boats under 50k and we will need as much backing from the suppliers and builder along with the engine manufacture to give us the most assistance as possible...I can easly keep the price of the boat under the 50k with some cheap equipment...but thats not what I want in the Series...I'm working with some of the best equipment out there today in Offshore racing for us to be using...

14. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Gino,
    I think your doing the right thing by allowing Tylers boat. Your letting the teams know upfront this is a 'two year deal" with the option of the participants voting after two years. I haven't heard any of the participants complain? Even NASCAR changes their rules during the year in the interest of fair competition.
    Welcome to class 6 in the mean time!!
    Bob G.

15. Collapse Details

Tyler would be a major contributor and we built his boat. All boats would weigh the same and all hulls would be identical. I know how hard it is trying to get a series going. Gino needs all the suppport and boats he can get. Keep pushing Gino!

16. Collapse Details

Is there enough spare material in there to lightem Tyler's boat by 600 lbs.?? The extra weight might be an advantage in the rough.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Shafts View Post
    Gino,
    I think your doing the right thing by allowing Tylers boat. Your letting the teams know upfront this is a 'two year deal" with the option of the participants voting after two years. I haven't heard any of the participants complain? Even NASCAR changes their rules during the year in the interest of fair competition.
    Welcome to class 6 in the mean time!!
    Bob G.

Thanks Bob....
    And to anybody interested, I'm keeping everyone in the loop on what is progressing....not just the committed owners...some Orgs have votes behind close doors just with there members...I'm keeping everyone informed in a open forum on what is taking place...not just to the committed members but to anyone who is thinking about joining our Series...and hearing there input...Again...if there is a team owner that will not join us becasue of Tylers boat and is ready to purchase one of our boats...I will work out a deal with Tyler on a new boat...even if it comes down to me putting up some of my own money to get Tyler in a new boat...just for him making the changes to his current boat to help our Series....

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Is there enough spare material in there to lightem Tyler's boat by 600 lbs.?? The extra weight might be an advantage in the rough.
    Ted..thanks for the question....we already have a number of ways to handle this if it becomes a problem....and remember...our boats will have a ballist tank in them....

19. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post

Yes close that frozen custard stand across the street from the pit's in Pt. Pleasent were George likes to hang out........

20. Collapse Details

Contributor / Competitor Wanted Racing's Avatar
    U guys better watch out, I am on Gino's throttles.(ain't scared)
    2007 OPA National Champs-2008 OPA Gieco Triple Crown Champs