Thread: Winter Projects

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Pulled drives this weekend. Wanted to inspect u joints, paint, grease splines, and reinstall. Had my carpenter friend build me some sweet drive stands. They roll right under the drive, unbolt drive, roll stand back with drive on it. Reinstall same way. No lifting necessary! Which is nice, these speedmasters weigh a ton!
    Heard you and Ryno were busy this weekend. I got all the sleds summerized this weekend. JJ managed to break his mini z on Sunday, chip off the old block.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Heard you and Ryno were busy this weekend. I got all the sleds summerized this weekend. JJ managed to break his mini z on Sunday, chip off the old block.
    Mini z's weren't meant to grass drag...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    Mini z's weren't meant to grass drag...
    The snow conditions were better than some of the chit you have drug me out to ride in

4. Collapse Details

Quit being a little girl...it was one time and it was 12" of fluff!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    Quit being a little girl...it was one time and it was 12" of fluff!
    12" using your tape measure and we all know how you measure

6. Collapse Details

Spoke to Mr. Wesseldyk yesterday...valve job is done, rotating assemblies are put together and balanced, all parts are bought and ready to go, blocks are supposed to be honed this week....after that it's put them together and get them on the dyno.

Got my boat home, have to get the bilge cleaned up, pump out the old gas, do the bearings on the trailer, presure test my new exhaust and fix my GPS speedo if possible.

Also...my shorty cases are here...Obnoxus, I'll be heading your way soon...

7. Collapse Details

When are you planning on being back on the water testing props?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Spoke to Mr. Wesseldyk yesterday...valve job is done, rotating assemblies are put together and balanced, all parts are bought and ready to go, blocks are supposed to be honed this week....after that it's put them together and get them on the dyno.

Got my boat home, have to get the bilge cleaned up, pump out the old gas, do the bearings on the trailer, presure test my new exhaust and fix my GPS speedo if possible.

Ill be by tomorrow to check that other thing to

9. Collapse Details

AWESOME!!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Not sure Todd...motors have to get dynoed, drives need to get done, and boat needs to be rigged...

...hopefully by May?

11. Collapse Details

Not sure Todd...motors have to get dynoed, drives need to get done, and boat needs to be rigged...

...hopefully by May?
    Awesome Mike....are you going to go watch them be dyno'd? I am keeping my fingers crossed for running the first time around the first or second week of May on good ole Pine Lake.

12. Collapse Details

I'd like to....I'll be up there for a bike race in a couple weeks..ideally I'd like to swing by on Friday...we'll see if it works out.

13. Collapse Details

Job #1 off the checklist...all the gas is out. Looks like I was actually pretty close when I guessed 50 gallons...topped off my Jeep, Joe's car, and my buddy Mark's Explorer...then had 12 gallons left to put in my bro-in-law Bob's new boat.

Next it's drives down to Obnoxus for the shorty install...then boat down there for a new steering pin and a new gimbal bearing on the stbd side.

14. Collapse Details

Job #1 off the checklist...all the gas is out. Looks like I was actually pretty close when I guessed 50 gallons...topped off my Jeep, Joe's car, and my buddy Mark's Explorer...then had 12 gallons left to put in my bro-in-law Bob's new boat.

Next it's drives down to Obnoxus for the shorty install...then boat down there for a new steering pin and a new gimbal bearing on the stbd side.
    I got a free tank of gas, wendy's, and find a bad gimbal bearing. The way i see it, it cost you a few hundo to have me come over!!

Ill get with ya via email on those exhaust parts....

15. Collapse Details

How'd you get the gas out....still have to do that.

16. Collapse Details

I found an old Zep soap pump that was laying around the shop...hooked some clear hose to it and stuck the other end down into the tanks by the fuel-level sending units. Initially, the only hose I had was a 1/4" i.d....took FOREVER. So I bought some with a 3/8 id...we drained the second tank so fast I was running out of gas cans to put it in. All you need is something to start the siphon.

17. Collapse Details

I found an old Zep soap pump that was laying around the shop...hooked some clear hose to it and stuck the other end down into the tanks by the fuel-level sending units. Initially, the only hose I had was a 1/4" i.d....took FOREVER. So I bought some with a 3/8 id...we drained the second tank so fast I was running out of gas cans to put it in. All you need is something to start the siphon.
    I believe autozone and those places sell a 5 dollar hand siphon pump. Mike and i went to ace hardware, and bought about 12FT of clear 3/8 hose. Like he said, the 1/4" hose woulda took us two days to get it out.

18. Collapse Details

Heres some pics of some little stuff i been working on. Some decals for the deck.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0482.jpg   IMAG0486.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Pretty...

20. Collapse Details

Decided to pull the drives off, and inspect the u-joints, etc. Let me tell ya, it was a CHORE. Wherever this boat sat, supposedly in a river in ohio, was some seriously corrosive water. They had anodes everywhere on the transom. Trim Tabs had anodes, tie bar had anodes, drives, ...For those of you who know how aluminum and stainless become "one" when they corrode, you know what im talking about! Took me two days of soaking the bellhousing studs, and beating the drive off using wood wedges between the drive bellhousing and the drive. The port side wasnt too bad, but the starboard side, was a nightmare.

For some of you who had saw the transom up close out of the water, the paint on the tabs was flaking off, and the drives weren't too pretty. I have always loved the satin unpainted lowers on speedmasters. However, these, were just too pitted to make look good. Soo, Ryan and i decided to just paint them. Skim coated them filling in all the pits, sanded, and painted. They are smooth as a baby's bottom now.

Still have alot of cleanup work to do on the transom area, but its coming along...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0502.jpg   imagejpeg_2_22[1].JPG   IMAG0533.jpg  

IMAG0510.jpg