Thread: New truck...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    My parents just called me,,,, they just bought a house in Michigan 15 mins west of South Haven with a pole barn out back,,,woo hoo !!!
    Awesome!!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

NBD on the options...current truck is a Lariat. Don't really care about a DVD player...Michelle def. wants heated seats!

3. Collapse Details

If you get the Lariat,,, it should pretty much have everything you need.

Skimp on the stereo and we can put in a set-up like mine !!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    NBD on the options...current truck is a Lariat. Don't really care about a DVD player...Michelle def. wants heated seats!
    Red lariet 4x4 crew cab, short bed, 250 or 350 it is

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    If you get the Lariat,,, it should pretty much have everything you need.

Skimp on the stereo and we can put in a set-up like mine !!!
    At this point in the game I think thats about as picky is he can get

5. Collapse Details

Stopped at the Ford dealer today, this truck is just bad ass, interior is MINT for an 02 and only 58K miles. Wonder how the ride is with those tires and it being lifted.
    http://www.packeywebbford.com/invent...m=F-250&y=2002

This was a sweet truck too but worst year POwerchoke motor

http://www.packeywebbford.com/invent...m=F-250&y=2004

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Stopped at the Ford dealer today, this truck is just bad ass, interior is MINT for an 02 and only 58K miles. Wonder how the ride is with those tires and it being lifted.

WOW! 28k For a 2004!! And 20k for a 2002 with a V10 gasser! I guess i sold my 2004 King Ranch diesel way too low at 18500....geez
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ford 007.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

I`ll take that for $18.5!
    Haven`t checked prices lately but yeah those do seem high.
    Maybe I could get more now for my F-150 now... hmmm

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post

Thats alittle optomistic!!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Drove an 08 F250 with the V10 and about 50k today, and an 08 F350 SRW with 38k and the Powerstroke. I actually think I liked the V10 better...plus its easier to start when we're up sledding AND easier to find fuel (I hate looking for accessible diesel pumps with a trailer behind me)...hmmm.

Was over at Currie...just missed Little D as he headed off to lamaze class!

10. Collapse Details

Drove an 08 F250 with the V10 and about 50k today, and an 08 F350 SRW with 38k and the Powerstroke. I actually think I liked the V10 better...plus its easier to start when we're up sledding AND easier to find fuel (I hate looking for accessible diesel pumps with a trailer behind me)...hmmm.

I like the V10 too. I had a V10, 5.4, and 6.0 diesel in the superduty trucks. 5.4 was a slug, 6.0 had some issues, and V10 was good! V10 Ford has been out for 10+ years now.

11. Collapse Details
    That's why

I Offered mine, V-10, Program, cold air induction, With my driveing it with out pulling my boat 17mpg hyw , 15 city , 12 pulling the boat if you keep it under 2000 rpm that will put you at about 62to 65mph pulling an just driving it put you at 62 to 68 anymore than that it will drink gas like water but now mine has the 3.72 rear end that should still handel your boat fine thay drive just like the old 98s & Caddys got to watch your speed they do like to walk away on you ! Come on over and take for the week end pull your boat or what ever But NO 4 WHEELING ! Please.

12. Collapse Details

Put a ur boat behind that V10 and you'll miss your current truck you can bet on that, I promise you that.

The 6.4 diesel does not experience the same issues that my truck or your truck does in the winter truck. Starts right up the first time and doesn't sound like the engine is going to hit the ground.

As long as I have to haul my boat on a regular basis, there is NO way in HE** I would go back to a gasser. I don't care that it cost my $100 in fuel a week to use as my daily driver!!!!!

13. Collapse Details

The 6.4 felt like it wouldn't coast for some reason? And it felt a lot slower and less torquey than the V10. It WAS a badass truck, though...although it felt HUGE with the long bed and crew cab...

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...ownedImg=false

14. Collapse Details

The 6.4 felt like it wouldn't coast for some reason? And it felt a lot slower and less torquey than the V10. It WAS a badass truck, though...although it felt HUGE with the long bed and crew cab...

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...ownedImg=false
    Yep longbed crew cab is a big truck trust me I know. LOL.

15. Collapse Details

If my figures are correct, you'd be around $150/ month difference for a BRAND new one vs used.

16. Collapse Details

I always thought unless you plug those diesels in they are a bitch to start and with the new fuels its even worse.
    My buddy is a diesel mechanic for a last few years they have terrible trouble starting their fleet

17. Collapse Details

I can tell ya my 7.3 is a MOTHER. When we go north, the first thing I do is look for a place to plug in the block heater. Last year in Ishpeming, the outlet didn't work...turning the motor over about killed both batteries...fortunately I had a jump pack and got it going. Sounded like the engine was full of giant ball bearings!

18. Collapse Details

You guys over analyze the crap outta things!

For a group of people that pull at the most 30 miles (home and back) on a weekend in the summer (for 8wks) and occassionally pull a boat on a long haul from a fuel cost perspective its immaterial (unless your Andy and drive it ALL the time). Mikey is 8 miles from his work and drives a jeep in the summer!

My .02 cents is the following

You don't need a diesel because your boat doesn't weigh that much and a V10 will do just fine...if your boat weight was like mine, bz, big d, rich yes diesel all the way. I've always been impressed with BZ.s truck and i've pulled some heavy $hit with it! (thanks again BZ).

Winters suck balls with diesel and Mikey...you use your truck alot for winter snowmobiling so that makes complete sense trying to avoid the cold start up issue.

Longbed vs Short bed....maneuvering again sucks balls with a longbed however if you plan to haul a third sled in the bed it makes perfect sense. Short bed is a better day to day driver with better turning radius

Plain and simple..Crewcab is a must but i think thats already been established...I love little d's truck but personally would have gotten a crewcab...

Color options..nailed down

4x4...nailed down

Heated seats...nailed down

Stereo....I agree with Big D

So basically i don't give a $hit what you buy and disregard everything i've said above and buy something that looks good, feels good and is the price you want to pay....you can't take me too seriously on buying trucks....looks at my history with them!! LOL good luck buddy!!

19. Collapse Details

Mike, if you feel comfortable with the way your current truck hauls the boat suspension and weight carrying wise, then i'd say get yourself another non dually, in a crew cab. Not sure if you have towed it with anyones dually, but if not, worth a try borrowing say bz, Big D's, or rich's truck and seeing how you like the way it pulls before making a purchase.

Not many guys realize how heavy their boats really are when fueled up on the trailer! My formula was no doubt a beast. At the truck stop, i weighed it. My trailer axles had 15300lbs on them, and rear axle had like 5300 lbs on it. So total boat and trailer combo somewhere around 17k lbs (about 1700 on the tongue). That was with both fuel tanks empty, before winter storage. So, add about another 1400 lbs for 240 gallons of gas at 6lbs a gallon. 18500 fully loaded. That is definitly not F250 single wheel territory, and still more than a one ton dually should be pulling.

I would bet that your 35, fueled up on its steel trailer, still has to be near 11-12k lbs. My old single engine 24' boat was 8k on its trailer. Only point im trying to make is that in my opinion, anything over 30ft is worthy of a dually.

Big D has towed his 36 with a srw and now a dually. Im sure his comfort zone is way up in his dually. One ton duallys have a purpose in life. They arent for semi trailers and 46' black thunders.

I agree with Bbob, V10 has plenty of grunt. Unloaded they are peppy around town. Not as much as a diesel, but still good. No problems doing 70mph with my 38 in tow behind my stock Beagle. 454 gas rated at 245HP and like 340ft lbs of torque coupled to a 3 speed auto!!! Talk about a bit underpowered. V10 has more HP and torque, and will put alot more useable power to the ground with the new 5spd automatic. If i wanna go fast i'll buy a vette or add some power to the boat motors! Unless we start doing drag races with the boats in tow next season.
    Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 10-06-2010 at 02:29 PM.

20. Collapse Details

Rich like the way my 8.1 pulls his boat over his diesel !!!