Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
  1. Collapse Details

One of the best lines ever I heard from a racer...

"The M----- F------er is cheating!!!!! You know why? Because I'm cheating and he's passing me!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Dave how about ,,,"WHAT DO YOU DO WITH ALL THE MONEY YOU WIN"
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

3. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post

"The M----- F------er is cheating!!!!! You know why? Because I'm cheating and he's passing me!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like AJ Foyt.....................
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Dave how about ,,,"WHAT DO YOU DO WITH ALL THE MONEY YOU WIN"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post

I think Smitty said that ..LOL

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    As my Grandfather said.
    "There are talkers and do'ers. Its the talkers that usually ruin everything".
    Steve
    In my opinion, the formation of OSS was the biggest setback in the history of offshore powerboat racing.Racing organizations that are managed by the owners of the race teams are destined for failure.The end result is a board of directors made up of rich self serving racers that cant agree on anything.This has been proven over and over again in in offshore powerboat racing as well as other motorsports.Imagine if Hendrick,Roush and Childress were in charge of NASCAR!

I truley believe that the APBA Offshore LLC was on the right track; they had already taken the sport to a new level before some of the racers boycotted and formed the OSS.

OPA; with the support of GEICO, is doing a nice job of picking the pieces and moving our sport forward again.Everyone involved in offshore powerboat racing needs to look at what they can do for the sport....and not what the sport can do for them!Lets all get behind OPA and GEICO ;and work together to promote the greatest motorsport in the world!!!
    Last edited by 1waterboy1; 04-06-2010 at 07:53 AM.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1waterboy1 View Post
    In my opinion, the formation of OSS was the biggest setback in the history of offshore powerboat racing.Racing organizations that are managed by the owners of the race teams are destined for failure.This has been proven over and over again in in offshore powerboat racing as well as other motorsports.

I truley believe that the APBA Offshore LLC was on the right track; they had already taken the sport to a new level before some of the racers boycotted and the formed OSS.

OPA; with the support of GEICO, is doing a nice job of picking the pieces and moving our sport forward again.Everyone involved in offshore powerboat racing needs to look at what they can do for the sport....and not what the sport can do for them!Lets all get behind OPA and GEICO and work together to promote the greatest motorsport in the world!!!
    Somehow,,i think your statement is not realy adding up. OPA is run by a racer as well ?! mmmmhhhhhh just saying,,unless i read something wrong in your post?!

I also think a presi of an org. should not race !!!!! but thats me...

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    I think Smitty is kinda doing what Mike A was doing Running LLC an Mike would say to us in the driver meeting...see you on the race course and turn the meeting over to the Offical ref. to go over the courses and rules....
    I think the P Class on Sat and Pro Series on Sunday was a great format...2 days of racing for the fans...if some fans could only make Sat races and some only Sunday but to do that you have to have the boat count to run 15 Classes...I think that is one reason OPA has been sucessful...keeping the classes down to 8 and 9 classes...and when you get 45 to 50 boats it works....but to have 15 classes...40 boats are not going to work...but if you notice...its the little guys still hanging in there in these times....there are at least half of the OPA racers are running boats under 100k...and your biggest classes are class 6 and class 5....combined you are looking at 20 - 23 boats....with 5 mph seperating them...Just a vision...and I KNOW...mine have had there share of fog....but with a sponsor even a engine sponsor to come in and come up with a program for all boats in 6 and 5....you would have a class that looks like a great class just 8 years ago...In F1 we had boats as small as 24....the BAJA 24 Outlaw and the 24 Warlock up to the 30 Superboat 6 feet covered the class and the 24's rolled in the calm water and the ruff water boats did just that in the big....but not to get off track....with the hundreds of thousands of $ thrown away to keep some Orgs afloat and basically pay to keep running vice invest it into a class that is already there....
    example: If a sponsor came onboard and put up 10k to each racer in class 6 and 5 to put towards a engine deal were we all run the same engine and had assistace from the engine manufacture and on top of that you could also sell your current engine, and you now have a bullet proof race engine...could you get these class 5 and 6 boats together to race as one weather to run a WOT class or still a GPS class to make sure all boats are capible to hit the top speed...would bring the boat count up.....and have one less class and have a 20+ boat class.

Just a furture thought....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 04-05-2010 at 11:34 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    how many boats usually show up for an OPA weekend??
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMORdude View Post
    how many boats usually show up for an OPA weekend??
    On the opener in Ocean City they have seen 40 to 50 boats...