Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    On lap 11 of 14 at the Kentucky OSS race...... Watch Your Back in first place by 33 seconds over Typhoon. Octane and Pirate battling for 3rd and 4th. Watch Your Back averaging 81 to 82 mph on each lap.
    33 seconds ?????? i heard 8.3 seconds on the live coverage !!!!

BTW...where was IMCO ( the boss ) ????????? mmmhhhhhh

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    33 seconds ?????? i heard 8.3 seconds on the live coverage !!!!

BTW...where was IMCO ( the boss ) ????????? mmmhhhhhh
    Getting ready for Sunny Isles.......

Too close together this time.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    you and racer guy are both right , their will be an SVL WEB SITE UP IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS ,,,were working on trying to unify all the org ,s rules,, they are really close but,, NOT THE EXACT SAME that is where i,m having a little trouble,and have some people picking the convenient rules out of different org,s the class is involved in all these decisions,,were going thru a transition year because of the schedule we voted on,,but were real close,,sorry for any inconvenience,,, George Jr.

George ,All of us who have a sincere interest in SVL applaud youre every effort . Believe that .

After hearing the complete miserable failing attempt at a recent race site makes us want you to succeed more than ever( biloxi made us believers ,nice job ) .
    Seriously George ,You have the respect and following of a really great group of teams, ( and want to be fans ) ) . They are not new money jumping in for a two or three season party .These whom are with you , are with you for real .
    Hang in there . Listen to those who have fallen before you , and at least listen to the help being offered not only for you, but all the teams who are buying into what you are selling .
    Every SVL team out there are the real pro,s in offshore at this time . Go get the the rest of them , leave the naysayers behind .
    Use the best parts of the llc , and make up the rest anew .

4. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Thank You very much ,,these guy,s (and gals) are really cool people and want to compete with each other...I need to make sure that ANY and ALL boats have an equal chance of getting on the podium..with them helping them self of course,,some work very hard and some sit back and wait,,that is racing,, I think were on track to a great transition year,,We have about 3 more new teams coming and I think 2 older boats interested in coming back. GEORGE JR ..CONGRATS to Team 4 on their win in Cumberland.
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    George ,All of us who have a sincere interest in SVL applaud youre every effort . Believe that .

After hearing the complete miserable failing attempt at a recent race site makes us want you to succeed more than ever( biloxi made us believers ,nice job ) .
    Seriously George ,You have the respect and following of a really great group of teams, ( and want to be fans ) ) . They are not new money jumping in for a two or three season party .These whom are with you , are with you for real .
    Hang in there . Listen to those who have fallen before you , and at least listen to the help being offered not only for you, but all the teams who are buying into what you are selling .
    Every SVL team out there are the real pro,s in offshore at this time . Go get the the rest of them , leave the naysayers behind .
    Use the best parts of the llc , and make up the rest anew .
    Well said.

My opinion as an outsider, looking to join in as soon as the right deal comes along, I do wish the guys with experience would offer constructive assistance instead of the negative gloom and doom I sometimes see.

This is the most excitement to come along in Offshore Racing for quite awhile. We should all be helping George and the SVL group as much as possible.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I do wish the guys with experience would offer constructive assistance instead of the negative gloom and doom I sometimes see.
    Martin Sanborn today said that the SVL Fountain won by 37 (or so) seconds over a running fleet of Typhoon, Octane and Pirate. Screaming Nuts apparently blew a hose in the milling area.

Negative gloom or doom or not, some very experienced racers had their ass handed to them by an inexperienced son of an experienced racer. I have no constructive assistance.....just pointing out the facts.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Martin Sanborn today said that the SVL Fountain won by 37 (or so) seconds over a running fleet of Typhoon, Octane and Pirate. Screaming Nuts apparently blew a hose in the milling area.

Negative gloom or doom or not, some very experienced racers had their ass handed to them by an inexperienced son of an experienced racer. I have no constructive assistance.....just pointing out the facts.
    Experiance????

Octanes 2 race ever

Pirate has only, I think 4 svl starts

Randy had a new guy in the boat, and hurt prop

And the Fountain has Brain Forehand from Fountain driving along with a open check book. Lets see what happens when dad and son get in the boat.

8. Collapse Details

As predicted the destruction has begun, in only its second race, 30 days after being merely a barrel of goo.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Experiance????

Octanes 2 race ever

Pirate has only, I think 4 svl starts

Randy had a new guy in the boat, and hurt prop

And the Fountain has Brain Forehand from Fountain driving along with a open check book. Lets see what happens when dad and son get in the boat.
    Prediction??
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Congrats Watch your back on your win.

Mike, Mark and Jenni won their second attempt too..

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Prediction??
    Might have FUN????

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Lets see what happens when these boats get to run in the Ocean. NEXT WEEKEND in Sunny Isles Beach. Lets see if the Ocean is really the great Equalizer.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    You know it is.. We will also see who knows how to use trim tabs.

Not sure if the Fountain has made arrangements to be there. Doc has noted it wasn't on his schedule... I hope the boat finds its way to Sunny Isle.

14. Collapse Details

what does it matter if doc is there. he is not in the boat right? cant fountain just send him a bill? i wouldnt think he would have to pay in person.

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by baldtires View Post
    what does it matter if doc is there. he is not in the boat right? cant fountain just send him a bill? i wouldnt think he would have to pay in person.
    When he said it wasn't on his schedule ,,he ment the boat...it does not matter if he is there but its his boat ..and his schedule !!!!!!!

I would love for the boat / him to be there aswell ,,because i like to see him give #10 a run for it !!!!

16. Collapse Details

Lmao there are a few things to consider at this race guys., first off the fountain ran a perfect race, congrats on the win. The day before running p3 together octane ran an average lap speed of only 2 to 3 seconds off the fountain with the prop we were running. Typhoon blew his prop he would have normally ran in Biloxi and had to go to last minute drive height to try and compensate for a different prop. In the first lap of p3 on Sunday morning octane hit a log in the first lap and destroyed our prop and had to switch to a backup prop with a top speed of only 85. Screaming nuts blew a hose as we were getting ready for the race. So basically the fountain had competition from a few boats that were all injured . The fountain runs very well, but it's not the class killer that everyone is talking about. The three fastest boats in the Svl class did not show up, and the ones that did were injured.
    The facts are the fountain team has done their homework and has a boat that runs very well. It runs as well as any boat in our fleet and on any given day will win. Just like the rest of us can and still will. We are not obsolete, it is not a class killer.

If anything it has slightly raised the bar and gives the rest of the fleet well deserved
    competition. At this race we had a very good chance at the checkered flag, as did typhoon, but the fountain ran the right setup for this water and ran a perfect race and won, in my opinion that's is what great racing is about, picking the right setup for the right water and running the course well.

Instead of everyone complaining about how the fountain will kill our class, I wish everyone would redirect their energy into getting their boats ready and come racing!

The only thing that will kill this class is is everyone quits coming out and racing. The reason we entered this class is it was a fun class to run with great competition and alot of boats to run with , please, let's keep it this way.

My hats off to the crew that ran the fountain on their victory, it was their day. Next race may very well be ours or someone elses. But in order to win you have to race.

We will be in sunny isles, I hope the rest of the fleet will come out and support the class.

Let's race !!!

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdoctor View Post
    Lmao there are a few things to consider at this race guys., first off the fountain ran a perfect race, congrats on the win. The day before running p3 together octane ran an average lap speed of only 2 to 3 seconds off the fountain with the prop we were running. Typhoon blew his prop he would have normally ran in Biloxi and had to go to last minute drive height to try and compensate for a different prop. In the first lap of p3 on Sunday morning octane hit a log in the first lap and destroyed our prop and had to switch to a backup prop with a top speed of only 85. Screaming nuts blew a hose as we were getting ready for the race. So basically the fountain had competition from a few boats that were all injured . The fountain runs very well, but it's not the class killer that everyone is talking about. The three fastest boats in the Svl class did not show up, and the ones that did were injured.
    The facts are the fountain team has done their homework and has a boat that runs very well. It runs as well as any boat in our fleet and on any given day will win. Just like the rest of us can and still will. We are not obsolete, it is not a class killer.

If anything it has slightly raised the bar and gives the rest of the fleet well deserved
    competition. At this race we had a very good chance at the checkered flag, as did typhoon, but the fountain ran the right setup for this water and ran a perfect race and won, in my opinion that's is what great racing is about, picking the right setup for the right water and running the course well.

Instead of everyone complaining about how the fountain will kill our class, I wish everyone would redirect their energy into getting their boats ready and come racing!

The only thing that will kill this class is is everyone quits coming out and racing. The reason we entered this class is it was a fun class to run with great competition and alot of boats to run with , please, let's keep it this way.

My hats off to the crew that ran the fountain on their victory, it was their day. Next race may very well be ours or someone elses. But in order to win you have to race.
    We will be in sunny isles, I hope the rest of the fleet will come out and support the class.

Let's race !!!

Very well said, thank u for this post !!!!!!!

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    I believe Doc and the little Fountain will be in SIB to do the Bimini Run and Race on Sunday.

Get ready boyz and girlz, this is going to be an awesome weekend.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdoctor View Post
    Lmao... The facts are the fountain team has done their homework and has a boat that runs very well. It runs as well as any boat in our fleet and on any given day will win. Just like the rest of us can and still will. We are not obsolete, it is not a class killer.
    No offense, but how much experience in this sport do you actually have, a couple of races? The comments about this boat, and the next one which is likely to come out of the 35' Fountain mold, come from experience. More importantly, our motivation is to HELP teams like yours. The Fountain is a class killer. 30 days ago that boat was still in a barrel. Do you honestly believe it is even close to its potential? You ain't seen nothing yet.

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Hey George,

First you have done a great job with the SVL class..hats off...

For guys that are looking to race next year in this P1 class...will the 525 be the only engine allowed..or will it be a power to ratio class...

What I'm seeing and its just a observation....with the moving of strakes, changing bottoms and other modifacation being made...this is a build and change what you want to the hull under 30 feet and have a spec engine class...

If the class is to be affordible...buying a hull and have to make chages to the bottom to stay competitive is going back to the Fountain days of continuing making changes to the new hulls and making them faster...

I have heard that the SVL Fountain was running over 96mph+..
    and just 5 years ago..the Extremes and Phontoms were running 90 to 91 mph..and new hearing some are running 95+ in the same boats...
    This is not doing your homework if you are changing the bottoms..that is who has the money to keep making your boat faster....
    I tought the reason for the SVL class was to leave the hull alone and test with weight and props...

If the SVL Fountain is running over 96 now and is still not dailed in...it will be a 100 mph boat...how much money has all the Extremes and Phontoms put into there boat not counting props and moving weight....and how much more money will it take.

If this is going to be the biggest class in Offshore...then I will race were the most boats are..but we the racers need to know what is going to be the rules...

I'm not being negitive and not trying to bash the class....but if new teams are going to be coming out for next year...teams today are going to have to start planning now...

Thanks
    Last edited by MANITIE; 06-07-2010 at 11:29 AM.