Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M View Post
    Problem was - NOBODY SHOWED! Where were all the big boats? No Aquamania, CRC, Reliable, Cintron, Bud Light and not even any of the smaller cats like Talkin Trash, JD Byrider, BTM Marine, Peppers, Popeyes?

You've swerved into a good question. No one has a good answer when you want to know how do you get these teams to appear at every race. How does a promoter build a race or series if you can't predict who is racing? Appearance fees? Significant purses? Chicken and egg. Which comes first.

2. Collapse Details

Brett,

Thank you for considering coming to Harrison. Please let me know if you need anything. Please check out our site for info.

www.HarrisonOffshore.com

Hope to see you there.

3. Collapse Details

This is pretty simple. Yes OPA is doing well. It's sites are solid, and our product is good. Boat count has been great, and team support is over the top. Could we have sat back and let the OSS struggle? Yes, but to who's gain. My fear was that most teams, become comfortable with the org. they race with. If the OSS was not to move forward where would the teams go. Some to OPA some to SBI. My biggest fear was some would quit. This is not what we can let happen. I made the offer to Ron to join forces. We met with the Board of OSS and all agreed to move forward together. This is not going to be a trial. We are going to make this work for 2009 and beyond. In 2006 we raced in Destin at a JOINT site. OPA raced on Sat OSS on Sunday. We will from here forward race as one group. If I had told the OSS they could race with us but loose the OSS name, there would have been some feelings hurt. So for now we will keep both of our names and just race together at the same site. I have never been real fond of pushing the OPA name on the sites. For instance the people in Saint Clair have busted their buts for a year to raise the funds for this event. Who are we to walk in and say we are the almighty. It is the Saint Clair River Classic. The credit goes to the site. OSS and OPA will be in attendance together. OPA will register in our teams OSS will register theirs. The purse will be paid evenly amongst the classes. At the site.
    I am sure there will be some things that will come up along the way, but we will deal them as they arrise. My next goal would be to get with JC and see what can be done to run some sites if not all together in 2010. If this is a little confusing, I am in the middle of hanging Drives on my boat. Multi tasking was never my strong suit. I am sure this tread will go on for months. I will do my best to help you all understand what is going on. Or call me at 732 920 3945 Smitty
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

4. Collapse Details

"For the greater good"

Utilitarianism is described by the phrase "the greatest good for the greatest number of people". Therefore, it is also known as "the greatest happiness principle".

Way to put a foot forward!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Smitty,
    How are you doing? Its Brett. We are planning on going to St. Clair and guess our class is P1 with OPA. I raced there a couple years ago with OSS and OPA but it was like two completely different orgs racing at the same location only sharing pits. Are they still going to have one day OPA and one day OSS and really race separate but at the same sight? If so I agree with IMCO why would you invite OSS if I have to pay there entry/staff and go to separate physicals, meetings etc. and not really race and support OPA. It doesn't make sense. Just really share pits. I'm also thinking of going to Harrison the week before so I'll try calling you later for some info on that race and leaving our equipment up there.
    Thank you and it was good seeing your son last week just wish I was racing against you guys.
    Hey Brett, Anthony told me you were willing to let him take those 850's for a spin. Dumb move. Ha Ha
    Anyway, that will be great to have you in Michigan. If you run P1 or we just call it class 1, you will need our GPS system. I will loan you one of mine. We will all race together on Sunday. Gonna be a little busy. The OSS is only bringing a couple of staff to help with scoring etc. We are working together to keep the costs down. All meetings Physicals dunkers etc will be together.
    Our goal here is for everyone just to blend together and enjoy the race, no lines drawn in the sand. If you know what I mean. Give me a call 732 920 3945 Smitty
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor
    Thanks Smitty keep the info flowing

7. Collapse Details

SBI and APBA did it too...And kept both names.
    They are 1 now. No lines in the sand

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    bruce with all respect " APBA " is a world renouned someone would be a fool drop that!
    True...but joining forces was good to bring the teams together as one. In my opinion of course.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    SMITTY thank you very much i like the way you think , great business plan. i have a question on the < purse will be paid evenly amonst classes? we <oss> paid on each boat in a class , i respect your house,,, will our entry fee be the same as your opa entry thanks again george jr.
    George, I believe we have a call tonight with your class. I will be there to answer any questions you will have. Smitty
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

10. Collapse Details

One more thing........Ron and I are already clicking right along. Just hang in there. It's gonna be good.
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing View Post
    Trent, I know you and I have had our dissagreements. Sorry for that. It is time for a new sheet of paper.
    I have sat with Ron, we have smoked the peace pipe. At least I think that's what was in it. What can I do for you, to get you to Harrison, or Saint Clair.
    I know times are tough, but we are resourceful. Let us help you get there. Hell even Bruce is back, and kickin a@@. Smitty
    Appreciate the offer and I agree to the clean sheet, heck if you and Ron can even be the same room after the things that have happened and has been said in the past, then my hats off to both of you. Our differences in basic terms are trivial in comparison. Talk to ya soon.

Trent

PS Dean, to break down the post that you dont understand, I was complimenting Smitty and what he has done with OPA.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Appreciate the offer and I agree to the clean sheet, heck if you and Ron can even be the same room after the things that have happened and has been said in the past, then my hats off to both of you. Our differences in basic terms are trivial in comparison. Talk to ya soon.

Trent

PS Dean, to break down the post that you dont understand, I was complimenting Smitty and what he has done with OPA.
    Ok, see you soon.
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    George please don't post that OSS has failed and OPA has saved the day. That's just going to **** people off. This merger is what people have asked for. OSS can go on and on and on if it wanted to. We have no over head if we only race 4 times per year or 10 times. We are working together to better the sport. Its not a buy out or surrender of one over the other. It will work with equal input from both sides. We will meet in the middle with some give and take. OSS has race sites for next year as well as OPA. We will use the best of the best from both org.
    MD

14. Collapse Details

I think the merger is great just wish OSS had some p6 boats =(
    Boomer
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Where is you Mom at? We're probably driving over Friday evening, maybe Saturday early.....
    My Mom lives over in Novi, it is just a bit too far to drive everyday.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    My Mom lives over in Novi, it is just a bit too far to drive everyday.
    We'll be driving over from Holland. Will stay the night there Sat I'm sure.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    It appears that good things for the sport are coming just watch, get involved, and I don't remember who coined the phrase..."Shut up and Race"!!! Hell I might even be inclined to dust my lifeline and helmet off and come out and show you how it is done!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

18. Collapse Details

I still stand, however, with my statement in a previous post in another thread that when, and if, I do comeback I am only gunning for a World Championship Title... I will probably pursue the Endurance Records as that is truly offshore running!!!!

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    George please don't post that OSS has failed and OPA has saved the day. That's just going to **** people off. This merger is what people have asked for. OSS can go on and on and on if it wanted to. We have no over head if we only race 4 times per year or 10 times. We are working together to better the sport. Its not a buy out or surrender of one over the other. It will work with equal input from both sides. We will meet in the middle with some give and take. OSS has race sites for next year as well as OPA. We will use the best of the best from both org.
    MD
    I just read that ,,,and ,,, whom are u trying to make that believe ????

Come on ,,we all know what the deal is ??????!!!!!!!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I just read that ,,,and ,,, whom are u trying to make that believe ????

Come on ,,we all know what the deal is ??????!!!!!!!!!!
    Alright bro you need to leave that $h!t alone.....for whatever reasons the best thing is for all of us as racers to grow into one big happy family!!!!