Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

2. Collapse Details

Three Six Mafia - I'd Rather

3. Collapse Details

I recently had a discussion with a good buddy of mine about Ozzy Sabbath vs. Dio Sabbath. The vocal styles are totally different. It's funny, I don't really like Dio singing the Ozzy Sabbath, but on the whole I like more Dio Sabbath songs more than I like Ozzy Sabbath songs (with the exception fo Supernaut, which could be... the best song ever!)

For me, it's a toss up between Live Evil and Vol. 4 as my favorite Sabbath albums, but I probably like Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell as much as anything on Vol 4.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

4. Collapse Details

Nirvana - on of the most underrated, overrated bands every! I freaking love Nirvana, but I think a lot of people got turned off to them because they were so "BIG"...

Feel the same way about the Smashing Pumpkins and Devo.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Nirvana - on of the most underrated, overrated bands every! I freaking love Nirvana, but I think a lot of people got turned off to them because they were so "BIG"...

Feel the same way about the Smashing Pumpkins and Devo.
    I consider them one of the handful of fresh sounding bands in the last 30 years. Everything else is just weak rehashed crap, or just bad "music".

Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

6. Collapse Details

James Gang

Considered the smallest big band, or the biggest little band at the time.

Funk 49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_qHU_6Ofc0

7. Collapse Details

I recently had a discussion with a good buddy of mine about Ozzy Sabbath vs. Dio Sabbath. The vocal styles are totally different. It's funny, I don't really like Dio singing the Ozzy Sabbath, but on the whole I like more Dio Sabbath songs more than I like Ozzy Sabbath songs (with the exception fo Supernaut, which could be... the best song ever!)

For me, it's a toss up between Live Evil and Vol. 4 as my favorite Sabbath albums, but I probably like Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell as much as anything on Vol 4.

My vote goes to Ozzy.

Paranoid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4

8. Collapse Details

When I'm sitting at a Tiki Bar, I really enjoy The Dead - Uncle John's Band, Friend of the Devil, and most of all...Unbroken Chain.

Joe Cocker is awesome too - Mad Dogs & Englishmen is a classic, my fav is Cry Me a River. His version of She Came in Through The Bathroom Window is the best ever, too.

9. Collapse Details

More Sabbath from my day.

Faries wear boots
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvuI8d57N9I

War Pigs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwMp2io-LM4

10. Collapse Details

Heard Faries Wear Boots on the way into work this morning!

11. Collapse Details

RUSH before Pert the whole album. Neil totally rocks but Rushes first was off the hook ................on the cover it says for best result's play at maximum volume
    beer is food

12. Collapse Details

Heard Faries Wear Boots on the way into work this morning!
    Must be a jammin station!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    Must be a jammin station!
    My iPod on shuffle. 2666 songs, no waiting and it knows what I like! (Funny coincidence, Live Evil was the album I downloaded that put me at 2666).

Man I completely agree with Jet on the first Rush album. Totally diferent personality. I like Peart, but that first album is so raw and easy to relate to...

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    James Gang

Considered the smallest big band, or the biggest little band at the time.

Funk 49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_qHU_6Ofc0
    Man, again... another song which could be high on the list of best songs ever... That tune just smokes!

And then that gets you thinking about Grand Funk, BTO, Mountain, Deep Purple, and at the far end MC5... All bands with candidates for best song ever!

15. Collapse Details

Man, again... another song which could be high on the list of best songs ever... That tune just smokes!

And then that gets you thinking about Grand Funk, BTO, Mountain, Deep Purple, and at the far end MC5... All bands with candidates for best song ever!
    I think that was the first band Joe Walsh belonged to. I dated a girl in the 70's who said Joe Walsh used to be her paper boy.

16. Collapse Details

Combination - Aerosmith (Joe Perry vocal)

Touch Too Much - AC/DC

Knockin' At Your Back Door - Deep Purple

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    This ones a bit tough to nail down. Hell every day I listen to something I haven't heard in forever and think that song was the best.
    Might be easier if you broke it down a bit. Perhaps, Best song by a particular band.
    On that note, I just dusted off some old vinyls I had hanging around in my garage. Haven't had a record player in years, but was just given one that was heading for the dump. I randomly grabbed an album out of my collection, and it was AC/DC's "If You want Blood You've Got it" album. And on that album is a song I had not heard in years that kicks serious azz.
    It's called "The Jack" You wont hear that on any radio station.. That would be my vote for the best AC/DC song. Now next time I've had too many and the albums come back out, I'm sure to have a new favorite song as well.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    This ones a bit tough to nail down. Hell every day I listen to something I haven't heard in forever and think that song was the best.
    Might be easier if you broke it down a bit. Perhaps, Best song by a particular band.
    On that note, I just dusted off some old vinyls I had hanging around in my garage. Haven't had a record player in years, but was just given one that was heading for the dump. I randomly grabbed an album out of my collection, and it was AC/DC's "If You want Blood You've Got it" album. And on that album is a song I had not heard in years that kicks serious azz.
    It's called "The Jack" You wont hear that on any radio station.. That would be my vote for the best AC/DC song. Now next time I've had too many and the albums come back out, I'm sure to have a new favorite song as well.
    I had that album on 8-track. I have the CD today. "Riff Raff" is a great opener. "The Jack", "Whole Lotta Rosie", "Bad Boy Boogie", "High Voltage", "Rocker", etc. All classic tunes! You can see the live performance of "Riff Raff" from that album On Demand on Comcast cable.

19. Collapse Details

If you want blood... is the ringtone I have for my parents and my siblings on my mobile phone.

20. Collapse Details

42 - 39 - 56 Those measurements were my sig. line several weeks ago when I was putting songs in Waynes head on the chicks & boats thread. Great songs!!!
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.