Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post

I'm pretty much a "number" guy, Contractor, engineer of sort.
    Give me the size of the boat, motors, eq. rigging and I can tell you pretty accurately how much the materials and labor hours it takes to make it. Now add Overhead, Advertisement, sponsorships etc. and the variables become outrageous. Profit on these boats are nuts. But.. as long as there "was" a demand for it.. so be it.
    Here is the problem. Resin, kevlar, FG matts. gauges, motors, drives, stereo etc. etc. can be figured out, (I did several times) Labor to oput it all together, building rent or cost of ownership etc. you get a price of the boat Profit ?/ a large %. These guys drive Lambos, private jets. etc.. and that's ok, but now sales are down. A boat builder can sell the boat for about 33% les as 2 years ago and stil make a profit. BUT.. How does one (builder) justify selling a boat for 300K in 2006 and now dropping the price to 200K and be happy with the sale. They can't.. everyone who bought a boat in 2006 would be at their doors demanding $'s back. In short,, you look at a 39' boat with 700's and Bravos for over 400K, and do the math,, you can't come up with that price tag. The rails are not made of 14K gold. So... sales are down, and OH must be cut, due to les volume. It's hard for the builders to say.. OK... I'll get you the same boat that I sold 2-3 years ago for a 33%+ discount. It's catch 22. Very similar to the housing market.
    Thank You, I have been wanting to say just about the same thing for a look while. And look at the service end of it after you pay the big bucks and its not just the boat builders look at Merc. and there prices.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    Does anyone know how sales were at the Miami show?

I know that a few MFG's were banking on sales, just curious if they got them.
    I am happy and grateful to announce that we sold four Deep Impacts at the show. I was in an excellent location at the convention center, and I had four boats in the water at the Eden Rock docks. The brokerage show was excellent for me because I had the only game there with center console boats. I was shuttleing people between locations and to Haulover for seatrials via a friends limo which worked out great. We went into the show with a positive attitude, we put full retail prices on the boats and worked our ass`s off . I had people from the NY show where I displayed make appointments for seatrials and showed up to buy. which proves NY was a good show for us, being it was the first time Deep Impact was seen in the Northeast. Many who looked at our boats had various comments good and bad, and we were there to answer, like why Black interior, well because it`s a show boat and we wanted to get attention, we can change it , no problem. The boat is to pretty to fish, we can make it anyway you want. Bottom line we custom build the boat to customer requirements, no problem we say yes. We have the SUV ( sport utility vessel ) of the 21st century, we`ll make it as fishy as you want or as plush as you want. You want a poker run boat that runs 80+ and seats 12 people we`ve got it quad 350 Verado SCI`s , you want a cabin boat that runs 70 with triple 300 verado`s we have it. Bottom line is, I feel we have a bit of a niche, and everyone who saw our boats remarked about the quality, and the attention to details. Everyone needs to get positive and work hard at what we all love, I believe now is when we have to come up with new products, don`t slash prices and move forward. Thank you to everyone who attended the show, and to all the other exhibitors for putting on the best we could do. I also want to announce my new dealer in Puerto Rico William Rosario of T&T Marine Group. William purchased the Orange 36` open with triple 350 V-8 Yamahas which were custom painted black with matching orange graphics. The boat will get a matching custom Myco trailer, and will be pulled by a new super truck also painted to match. We are expecting good things from Puerto Rico.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 7xchamp View Post
    I am happy and grateful to announce that we sold four Deep Impacts at the show. I was in an excellent location at the convention center, and I had four boats in the water at the Eden Rock docks. The brokerage show was excellent for me because I had the only game there with center console boats. I was shuttleing people between locations and to Haulover for seatrials via a friends limo which worked out great. We went into the show with a positive attitude, we put full retail prices on the boats and worked our ass`s off . I had people from the NY show where I displayed make appointments for seatrials and showed up to buy. which proves NY was a good show for us, being it was the first time Deep Impact was seen in the Northeast. Many who looked at our boats had various comments good and bad, and we were there to answer, like why Black interior, well because it`s a show boat and we wanted to get attention, we can change it , no problem. The boat is to pretty to fish, we can make it anyway you want. Bottom line we custom build the boat to customer requirements, no problem we say yes. We have the SUV ( sport utility vessel ) of the 21st century, we`ll make it as fishy as you want or as plush as you want. You want a poker run boat that runs 80+ and seats 12 people we`ve got it quad 350 Verado SCI`s , you want a cabin boat that runs 70 with triple 300 verado`s we have it. Bottom line is, I feel we have a bit of a niche, and everyone who saw our boats remarked about the quality, and the attention to details. Everyone needs to get positive and work hard at what we all love, I believe now is when we have to come up with new products, don`t slash prices and move forward. Thank you to everyone who attended the show, and to all the other exhibitors for putting on the best we could do. I also want to announce my new dealer in Puerto Rico William Rosario of T&T Marine Group. William purchased the Orange 36` open with triple 350 V-8 Yamahas which were custom painted black with matching orange graphics. The boat will get a matching custom Myco trailer, and will be pulled by a new super truck also painted to match. We are expecting good things from Puerto Rico.

Well Hells Bells that is GREAT to hear!!! Congradulations I for one am excited to hear people are buying. WAY TO GO

4. Collapse Details

While the show says they were 26% down in attendance, the actual # appears to be more along the lines of 35ish % based on in show goodies sales..

That said, there were some good sales at the show. Many of the dealers and manufacturers I talked to were cautiously pleased with the sales they have on the books. Seems the buyers there were either cash buyers, or pre-approved. Next couple weeks will tell the true tale..

5. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Cool!!!!! glad to hear this and I do hope others had good results

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    Was told the Miami show was critical for the future of Donzi. Thus I hope they sold product.
    Thus the quality of the display.
    I do not believe Donzi did well and they are not doing well right now. Donzi has 2 years worth of inventory out int eh field and the floor plan company's are no longer loaning to the dealers. Donzi was told to stop building boats and help the dealers sell the boats on the sales floor. Can Donzi do this and stay in business?
    Mike
    2006 Fountain 38TE..CC..Outboards Baby!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    I'm not going to name names, but I can tell you after 4 days working at the show, the amount of crappy paint on name brand boats was stupifying...

And was noticed by a LOT of folks...
    I totally agree 100%....I was not impressed with much at the show in terms of workmanship. I saw many smaller center console (fish boat) company's with much better gel work than most of the major hi-perf manufactures.
    Mike

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fever Mike View Post
    I saw many smaller center console (fish boat) company's with much better gel work than most of the major hi-perf manufactures.
    yup, Shearwater, Blackwood, Whitewater, and Striper come to mind...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    yup, Shearwater, Blackwood, Whitewater, and Striper come to mind...
    Yep agree too, also the gel work and fit and finish on the Bahama41 and there was another small manfacture down at that end had impressive workmanship.
    Mike

10. Collapse Details

While the show says they were 26% down in attendance, the actual # appears to be more along the lines of 35ish % based on in show goodies sales..

That said, there were some good sales at the show. Many of the dealers and manufacturers I talked to were cautiously pleased with the sales they have on the books. Seems the buyers there were either cash buyers, or pre-approved. Next couple weeks will tell the true tale..
    Can you site your reference for the attendance #'s? I heard that NMMA claimed they were only down 13% from last year???? Not that I believe them in the slightest

I think the show was very good, or at least a damn site better than I had expected it to be. I guess its true, lower your expectations and you can surpass them.

Thursday was slow for crowds, but the rest of the days were packed with people which might not necessarily translate to sales but sure made the days pass faster than the alternative.

While no one will actually know anyone else's business, we can see that Ritchie had a good show, I was busy, I am certain Skater, MTI and others were busy as well.

I'd just like to know the actual traffic figures in case like all the other fools, they try to raise the rates for next years show.

Rik

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Can you site your reference for the attendance #'s? I heard that NMMA claimed they were only down 13% from last year???? Not that I believe them in the slightest
    I'm not sure if he got that from some thing I posted or not. I posted the 26% number on this thread in post 11. .

http://www.boating-industry.com/output.cfm?id=2028691

As expected, attendance was down, particularly among international attendees and snowbirds reluctant to spend their money on travel, according to Rick-Joule. With 96,736 people in attendance, the gate was down 26 percent.

Rick-Joule is the VP of Southern Shows for NMMA so it is straight from the horses mouth so to speak

http://www.nmma.org/corporate/contact/

12. Collapse Details

Rik, MM posted the same source I was referring to..

We had a booth there, talked to lots of folks (never saw you in yours come to think of it ) before, during and after, I'm pretty confident in my numbers vs theirs..

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post

I think the show was very good, or at least a damn site better than I had expected it to be. I guess its true, lower your expectations and you can surpass them.

Thursday was slow for crowds, but the rest of the days were packed with people which might not necessarily translate to sales but sure made the days pass faster than the alternative.

While no one will actually know anyone else's business, we can see that Ritchie had a good show, I was busy, I am certain Skater, MTI and others were busy as well.

I'd just like to know the actual traffic figures in case like all the other fools, they try to raise the rates for next years show.

Rik

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    I'm not sure if he got that from some thing I posted or not. I posted the 26% number on this thread in post 11. .

http://www.boating-industry.com/output.cfm?id=2028691

As expected, attendance was down, particularly among international attendees and snowbirds reluctant to spend their money on travel, according to Rick-Joule. With 96,736 people in attendance, the gate was down 26 percent.

Rick-Joule is the VP of Southern Shows for NMMA so it is straight from the horses mouth so to speak

http://www.nmma.org/corporate/contact/
    Thanks, I thought that with Thursday being soft it had to be more than 13%.

15. Collapse Details

Rik, MM posted it..

We had a booth there, talked to lots of folks (never saw you in yours come to think of it ) before, during and after, I'm pretty confident in my numbers vs theirs..
    Where were you?

16. Collapse Details

LOL, we are in the entrance way to Hall D, across from Donzi.. Actually I'd have been disappointed to see you in the booth, most of my "cruising the show time" was @ 0dark30..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN6263.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

LOL, we are in the entrance way to Hall D, across from Donzi.. Actually I'd have been disappointed to see you in the booth, most of my "cruising the show time" was @ 0dark30..
    I never got the see the show myself, never thought of seeing it after hours.

18. Collapse Details

19. Collapse Details

I was in the Checkmate booth all weekend. They signed up some dealers, but we did'nt sell any of the boats we had there.

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

we`ll make it as fishy as you want .
    Richie:

You may want to re-word that a little bit............. .

Warmest regards.

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense