Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Seems like if you take a page from good ol' Reganomics you'd solve the problemo. If we'd stop paying them, they'd stop coming over here. Supply side economics. It seems pretty simple to me. The funny part to me is that some of the people I know that complain the most about illegals still hire them to mow their lawns and clean their houses.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    You can't legislate morality. If the government passes a law making something illegal, it doesn't stop everyone from doing it. Some acivities are so popular (drinking alcohol, using drugs, coming to America) that you can pass any law you like and it won't stop the behavior.

Since Americans refuse to learn the lessons of Prohibition, we are doomed to repeat them.
    Great idea. Liquor is highly regulated. You have to buy it in a state liquor store (variations by state).

Stills remain illegal. So does crawling in to the US by tunnel. The state needs to regulate the entry and put a stamp on each immigrant. Like liquor. Even a bottle of Jack Daniels has "papers."

And foreign liquor must go through customs.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Great idea. Liquor is highly regulated. You have to buy it in a state liquor store (variations by state).

Stills remain illegal. So does crawling in to the US by tunnel. The state needs to regulate the entry and put a stamp on each immigrant. Like liquor. Even a bottle of Jack Daniels has "papers."

And foreign liquor must go through customs.
    And this is why I am in favor of a National Identification System. Let the immigrants into the country (you can't stop them). Just document everyone!

On a side note - Stills are legal. You can brew your own mash. However you can't sell it unless you pay the taxes. That's why the Feds are called "Revenuers". They are after the unpaid tax "revenue".
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

4. Collapse Details

The country should treat drugs the same way we treat alcohol. Make all drugs legal, just regulate and tax them.

You should be allowed to grow your own weed. You just can't sell it without paying the taxes!

Pot growers thrive in Northern California

Though reliable numbers are hard to come by, marijuana growers in Mendocino County generate an estimated $1 billion a year. That makes the area home to a sizable chunk of a national market for marijuana believed to be in the tens of billions of dollars.

“These marijuana plants in Mendocino County can sometimes reach 14, 15, 20 feet,” he said. A plant that yields about two pounds would be worth about $5,000, said Sligh; his crop of 20 plants is potentially worth $100,000.

“If we didn’t have marijuana, what would this county be like?” said Sligh. “I think we’d all be selling Amway. I mean what else are we going to do?”
    Last edited by clayinaustin; 05-06-2010 at 12:44 PM.

5. Collapse Details

I don't want people to be coming here illegaly, but, I also don't think it should turn into this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crayola.jpg  
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

6. Collapse Details

The problem with legalizing drugs is "where are all the users going to work"?
    Most companies perform initial and random drug testing.
    Most companies promote that they are a "drug-free" workplace.

And honestly, if you are going in for surgery, do you really want a guy doing it that was stoned last night?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    The problem with legalizing drugs is "where are all the users going to work"?
    Most companies perform initial and random drug testing.
    Most companies promote that they are a "drug-free" workplace.

And honestly, if you are going in for surgery, do you really want a guy doing it that was stoned last night?
    I believe that it is no different than drinking too much and being hungover.

8. Collapse Details

If California could figure out a way to regulate and tax Marijuana, they would be rolling in tax revenue.

9. Collapse Details

Unless you live in AZ and understand the huge problem illegals are, save your opinions. Get the f out az

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RB1 View Post
    Unless you live in AZ and understand the huge problem illegals are, save your opinions. Get the f out az
    Amen!

Where ya at in AZ?

11. Collapse Details

I do not live in AZ, so I respect your opinion. Can you explain to me (in detail) exactly what the problem is? Thanks!

12. Collapse Details

TELL ME IS THIS NOT CORRECT???
    IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
    IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
    IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.
    IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.
    IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN
    IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
    IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.
    IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET:
    1 - A JOB,
    2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,
    3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
    4 - WELFARE,
    5 - FOOD STAMPS,
    6 - CREDIT CARDS
    7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
    8 - FREE EDUCATION,
    9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,
    10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
    11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
    12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
    I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION...
    OH, AMERICA....I WONDER WHY THEY HATE YOU SO MUCH!
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

13. Collapse Details

Amen!

Where ya at in AZ?
    Tucson....

14. Collapse Details

I do not live in AZ, so I respect your opinion. Can you explain to me (in detail) exactly what the problem is? Thanks!
    I have a few friends who have parents that live close to the border, (ranch homes). The ENDLESS stream of illegals, the endless tons of garbage. Hell, we had a rancher get shot and killed on his own land by them coming across. Shot his dog too.

We are over run by non english speaking POS's. Tucson has had 4 or 5 Emergency rooms close do to them coming in for treatment, but not paying. My father has Parkinsons, and his hospital bills are ENORMOUS, but they get paid. Think they pay when 25 of them are wedged in a truck, it flips, and they are trucked of to the hospital? Think they get letters every month telling them to pay there bills??

Go back to that sh*t hole you call Mexico, and stay there.

15. Collapse Details

I have a few friends who have parents that live close to the border, (ranch homes). The ENDLESS stream of illegals, the endless tons of garbage. Hell, we had a rancher get shot and killed on his own land by them coming across. Shot his dog too.

We are over run by non english speaking POS's. Tucson has had 4 or 5 Emergency rooms close do to them coming in for treatment, but not paying. My father has Parkinsons, and his hospital bills are ENORMOUS, but they get paid. Think they pay when 25 of them are wedged in a truck, it flips, and they are trucked of to the hospital? Think they get letters every month telling them to pay there bills??

That's horrible! No one should be shot by tresspassers. It should be the other way around.

If they could easily and legally enter this country, then maybe they wouldn't need to kill people as they enter.

The health care problem is a HUGE issue with me. I hate it that hospitals and other health care facilities are required by law to treat people who can't pay. I say, "If they can't afford the health care, then let them die in the streets!"

Just my two-cents...

16. Collapse Details

Tucson....
    Tempe here.
    I was just in Tucson over the weekend meeting with another guy from here on the board.
    The Hooter's there has nice talent

You left out the officer that was shot in Casa Grande last weekend by two illegals.
    A search went on for all day Sat. and they rounded up 17 illegals before they found the 2 suspects.

This is what's going on out here.

But, on Saturday, the National News was about all the protest across the country over AZ's new law.
    The protest in AZ was estimated at only about 2000 people.

17. Collapse Details

Tempe here.
    I was just in Tucson over the weekend meeting with another guy from here on the board.
    The Hooter's there has nice talent

You left out the officer that was shot in Casa Grande last weekend by two illegals.
    A search went on for all day Sat. and they rounded up 17 illegals before they found the 2 suspects.

This is what's going on out here.

But, on Saturday, the National News was about all the protest across the country over AZ's new law.
    The protest in AZ was estimated at only about 2000 people.

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS HERE!!!!

18. Collapse Details

I would say that he was shot by illegal drug dealers. Make drugs legal and he would still be alive.

19. Collapse Details

I would say that he was shot by illegal drug dealers. Make drugs legal and he would still be alive.
    Let me get this straight...

So now you're saying that it is actually OUR fault he got shot, because we have a law saying drugs are illegal? And this officer was hired to uphold our law? And in the course of doing he was shot by someone that is here ILLEGALLY, and his only reason for being here is to COMMIT A CRIME???

Are Drugs legal in Mexico?? I don't believe they are.

And in the process of looking for the persons that first are committing a crime by drug dealing, and secondly committing a crime by being in the country ILLEGALY, and third committing a crime by shooting one of our citizens who also happens to be a law officer.

And somehow this is now OUR fault.

Put down the bong dude...
    The logic is way off here...

edit: For the record, the officer did not die, and is expected to recover.
    Last edited by Buoy; 05-06-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: noted above

20. Collapse Details

Let me get this straight...

So now you're saying that it is actually OUR fault he got shot, because we have a law saying drugs are illegal? And this officer was hired to uphold our law? And in the course of doing he was shot by someone that is here ILLEGALLY, and his only reason for being here is to COMMIT A CRIME???
    Of course not! He was shot by murdering criminals! The killers deserve to die. Period!

I am just (once again) making a comparison to Prohibition. Al Capone (and other bootleggers) killed/murdered lawman.

Once Prohibition was repealed, the bootleggers were out of business.