Thread: Vizio

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    I don't know why you'd say that. Sony's JV with Samsung was setup because Sony was heavily into plasma, after converting from CRT.. They had virtually no LCD experience. Enter Samsung. Sony and Samsung combined in the K=JV has been very successful. They make a profit, whereas the pukey JV of LG-Phillips makes none. If not for Samsung, Sony's TV would be in a world of hurt, along with their other businesses.

Nothing secret at all about the Sony/Samsung JV. It had a big article in Business Weeks and elsewhere. Where on earth do you get this type of stuff from?

Direct from the manufactures themselves. They DO NOT want the general public to know that a Samsung model XXX is same as Sony model XXX. They are not trying to keep the JV secret.
    BillR

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    LED΄s are the Future.

http://www.bobfederal.com/brandsource/10ThingsLED.pdf
    BillR

3. Collapse Details

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    Correct! The JV is NO secret.
    They DO NOT want the general public to know that a Samsungs model XXX is same as Sony model XXX because Sony is more $$ for the exact same version as the Samsung.

In other words, the Samsung B550 series is the same as Sony S series.

Sony uses LG panels on their better XBR series. BUT they also put a really good processor in the XBR's.
    BillR

5. Collapse Details

as you all know I had to buy a new set because my five year old SONY took a dump.So I buy the new SAMSUNG 1080p bigass plasma 600 hz super fast bla bla bla then I get a new BLUE RAY player to take advantage of all the cool dady tech super high def picture then I realise I cant see the difference (BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE) should I set realy close and where my readers or set far away and where my drivers .LOL
    beer is food

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    as you all know I had to buy a new set because my five year old SONY took a dump.So I buy the new SAMSUNG 1080p bigass plasma 600 hz super fast bla bla bla then I get a new BLUE RAY player to take advantage of all the cool dady tech super high def picture then I realise I cant see the difference (BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE) should I set realy close and where my readers or set far away and where my drivers .LOL
    Man, you need to start a new thread about glasses....this is so OFF TOPIC
    Wicked

7. Collapse Details

yep
    beer is food

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    yep
    hey Jon your prolly half deaf to like me . . . . . . did ya get surround sound to?
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

9. Collapse Details

So Bill, if you were going to buy a 46 - 50" for the living room, what would you buy?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    So Bill, if you were going to buy a 46 - 50" for the living room, what would you buy?
    NuVision 47FX5

Pioneer Elite pro 101

LG 50PG80
    BillR

11. Collapse Details

Hmmmmm.....

I've been good, time to write Santa a letter

The Elite's rock, but I need to tone down the budget a tad. Don't want Santa to stroke out..

12. Collapse Details

so one told me pioneer was done that they say they can not compete with the cheap sets out there?

13. Collapse Details

Pioneer Announces Display Business Change

Pioneer announced on February 12, 2009 it will withdraw from the display business by March 2010. While this has been a celebrated category for many years, display production is not economically viable at this time.

For those consumers still considering purchasing an award-winning Pioneer KURO display, current models are available at our retail partners and Pioneer plans to continue supporting service needs, replacement parts and warranties. For more information about Pioneer’s restructuring, please visit: http://pioneer.jp/press-e/2009/

14. Collapse Details

Well after all my shopping, searching, and debate...I did what I usually do.

I got a Sylvania 42" LCD for $499, and the wife is going to p/u a Vizio 22" for the bedroom this week.

While I was thinkin' near a grand for a beter 47", when I bought the cheaper 42 and got it home, I was glad. Looks nice and probably has better capability than anything I will feed to it. So far just cable from the coax. The kids Playstation looked really good, and we watched a DVD of Transformers 2 on it. Good enough for us!! All the specs are there for it. 1080, 120hx, 16,000:1 etc.

I am sure that bigger $$ would get a better set up, but if it doesn't crap out on me after a short time, I will be glad. My 32" Westinghouse is about 3 years old now. After wear and tear from the wife and kid, I cannot complain. That was $599 when I got it, and specs out worse than the $250 specials from this past week's sales.

There has been mention of adjustments and calibrations for ALL the sets. I am only seeing the basic color, contrast, brightness, tint...etc. Is there a way to go beyond those?? THANKS!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

I bought the 32" Samsung from Walmart for $378.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

16. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    I bought the 32" Samsung from Walmart for $378.
    I need a new kitchen TV. That would be perfect.
    •_•_•____•_•_•

17. Collapse Details

Tried to have the wife p/u a 22" Vizio for our bedroom yesterday. Going to move the 19" into our kitchen. Sold out at our local Target stores for $229. I told her the 3 year service plan @ $29 should be purchased too.

18. Collapse Details

It's more money (around $50 IIRC) but when I was looking about 2 months ago; the 24" took up the same space at the 22" did. Looking at the Vizio website it may have just because of the models they were stocking but just tossing it out there.

I wanted the biggest I could cram in a small space so went with the 24"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tv.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

I was/am considering 24" also. That would be about as big as I can go. With them being out of stock on the 22's I will look harder for another brand and/or 24's.

Thanks!!!