Thread: Warpath!

Page 35 of 161 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    rough by my definition is say over 5-6+ ft, whether it be chop (sharp as you say) or ocean swells. Big enough to where you're airborne consistently and changing conditions.

As far as Sutphen goes, although I'm a big fan, I didn't find them to be the best rough water boat I've been on. I spent a good amount of time on a 33' and I wasn't overly impressed. The nose was way too flightly (needed a lot of extra weight) and overall not the best ride I've experienced.... However, I think they are competitive, run fast and can run with the best of them!
    Hell I never took mine out until it was at least 4'-6' seas.....otherwise it was a boring ride!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

I hear ya Shawn and what you and I consider 4-6's are other peoples 8-10's I've come to notice!

My 5-6's don't include holes in the trough, just the actual wave height! Kinda like how local Hawaiians say it's 4-5' and it's like way overhead surf!

3. Collapse Details

I have some video of the Banner boat racing as Apache/Bandit. I'll put it up as soon as I can.

4. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    NEWS !!!!! WARPATH II is running today in Miami @ 1 pm ( lets hope for the best ) !!!!
    NEWS!!!!! WARPATH I is running tomorrow at 3PM out of Hallover Marina!! be there or be square!!(lets hope for the best)

5. Collapse Details

Nice!!! Best of luck and please get some pictures etc!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucy View Post
    NEWS!!!!! WARPATH I is running tomorrow at 3PM out of Hallover Marina!! be there or be square!!(lets hope for the best)
    just got the call and it's a go.....

7. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Nice!!! Best of luck and please get some pictures etc!
    I am sure lowblue will have a full report and photos!!

8. Collapse Details
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeybandit View Post
    I have some video of the Banner boat racing as Apache/Bandit. I'll put it up as soon as I can.
    Great I like to see that!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    You always keep the ones that are better than anything you have. Other than that, it's just another picture......
    you can never have to many pictures!! keep them all Frank your daughter will have a story to tell when she grows up!!
    I decided to hang onto this one by negotiating a deal with boatpix..

All the bad press they get and I've never had an issue since first using them in 1999.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails August 2009 014.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

by the way sweet heart the racer who said that was not Mario Andretti, it was PARNELLI JONES when he drove the 1970 Boss 302 in Transam racing!! just a fact!
    Offtopic:
    Dear Lucy

Now I my memory serves correct Mario stated it in the 60´s while driving CanAms and the phrase was exactly
    "If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough."
    And It would seem to be in the correct context regarding vehicles he was driving...

I find it strange that a Racer like Parnelli would say anything like that driving a 5.0 Mustang unless he had already become too old 1970...
    I mean he had driven way tougher machines in his life already.
    That was a first for me hearing that Parnelli said that but It would´nt be the first time I´m misinformed
    But anyway I´m all ears for you

11. Collapse Details

great i like to see that!
    +1

12. Collapse Details

Wow, that makes lots of sense. Build a product that beats kidneys out of it's owners and is out of control... Sounds like a great business model...
    Now it´s not an american way of thinking...
    Race on sunday sell on monday is.
    For a true racer it´s repair on monday, and uptil the next race, sadly...
    Just ask Enzo Ferrari..he didn´t care a dime for the products he made unless it provided him dough to get racing...just Ask Ferruccio Lamborghini and his problems of Ferrari ownership and reasons for building an own marque.

Wait, that's exactly what most V-bottom manufacturers have done in the past two decades in their quest for speed...

In my opinion the reason Apache became a legend is because of its rough water prowess.
    In my opinion it has also a lot to do with the shady characters around them...

Regarding Apaches Racing, Globally they had their opponents and then some.
    But was the others comfortable enough to get adapted for pleasure use also ?
    Noway and that wasn´t even the purpose of the other boats.
    Just check the CUV thread...

I think what Mario meant by that and maybe it was lost in the translation ; you're not racing hard enough unless you're on the edge... The most accomplished racers are the ones who have found and went past the edge. There's two kinds of racers, those that have wrecked and those that are going to wreck...
    The most Accomplished Racers are those who are on the brink of the edge and saves from there. Those who go past it don´t come back :angelsad2:
    Ayrton Senna and Henri Toivonen being the prime Examples and my ultimate heroes.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    Race on sunday sell on monday is.
    For a true racer it´s repair on monday, and uptil the next race, sadly...
    Just ask Enzo Ferrari..he didn´t care a dime for the products he made unless it provided him dough to get racing...just Ask Ferruccio Lamborghini and his problems of Ferrari ownership and reasons for building an own marque.

But was the others comfortable enough to get adapted for pleasure use also ? Noway and that wasn´t even the purpose of the other boats.
    Just check the CUV thread...
    Very true, we aspire for that. Selling products raced on Sunday to the public on Monday is what makes money for corporations in a capitalistic society and also includes the global economy to a cetain extent!

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the rest but that's all good, it's what makes you I who we are. That I completely respect!!!

14. Collapse Details

Those who go past it don´t come back :angelsad2:
    Not always, my good friends won the SCL National and World Championship in 01'. They found the edge and fortunately lived to tell about it!
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...WlQfu-biDBg&q#

15. Collapse Details

Not always, my good friends won the SCL National and World Championship in 01'. They found the edge and fortunately lived to tell about it!
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...WlQfu-biDBg&q#
    Well I could say that they weren´t at the edge yet as they´r still here And I´m glad they are and have to give in here and admit there´s a truth in there.
    Those kinda accidents are the worst, they look to the audience nothing really serious happened because the stop was actually so hard.

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't it Pepe who said if you're not scared, you're not going fast enough?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

17. Collapse Details

Very true, we aspire for that. Selling products raced on Sunday to the public on Monday is what makes money for corporations in a capitalistic society and also includes the global economy to a cetain extent!

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the rest but that's all good, it's what makes you I who we are. That I completely respect!!!
    Agreed on all counts.

Thenagain CUV for example is a big luxury shipyard... so the profit is somewhere else than "tenderboats"

I´ve never actually thought of racing as none other than racing only and a "waste of time" vs true testing of a product, there´s other people looking for some profit even here (and there) but I´ve always seen it as just a money pit and a (FUN) way to spend time.
    I´ve tried to build racecars as profession once in my life but found out there´s easier ways to make a living...
    Thenagain, now we are thinking of building our own raceboats in the future..where is a big also ?...

Hmmm any A41 molds up for grabs so we can make some stepbottoms and lowslung sitdown types...

END of offtopic from my behalf, I Promise, on this thread.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Wasn't it Pepe who said if you're not scared, you're not going fast enough?
    If yes then let´s take it on the Pantera section !

19. Collapse Details

by the way sweet heart the racer who said that was not Mario Andretti, it was PARNELLI JONES when he drove the 1970 Boss 302 in Transam racing!! just a fact!
    Parnelli Jones also raced desert in a Bill Stroppe built "Bronco". (which Jones helped design) It really wasn't a bronco at all, but the first tube framed "funny truck". Way ahead of its time,it used a 4 lnk rear end, a TTB front end, tube chassis and was 2 wheel drive as opposed to 4wd. his basic design with evolution dominated desert racing for the next 20+ years eventually evoling into the trophy truck class. Mario Andretti also was the marshall for (I believe) the 2003 baja 1000 and is shown driving a 2wd "trophy truck" prerunner with a 4 link rear end and TTB front end, (with a BIG smile on his face) in the movie "From dust to glory".

P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

20. Collapse Details

Thenagain CUV for example is a big luxury shipyard... so the profit is somewhere else than "tenderboats".
    Reminds me of Bertram a bit.

Well I could say that they weren´t at the edge yet as they´r still here And I´m glad they are and have to give in here and admit there´s a truth in there.
    Those kinda accidents are the worst, they look to the audience nothing really serious happened because the stop was actually so hard.
    No doubt! Garry got knocked out cold in the slide as it caught the sponson and went over... He came to as the water was filling up inside the cockpit! They said he he was "out for the show."

I still joke with him saying he hasn't been the same since!

So back on Apache! Isn't it go-time for Warpath?