Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dondoon View Post
    This member seems to have the answers to the questions being asked on this thread . That is not sitting on the sidelines ,It is actually actively participating .Granted ,perhaps you do not care for the correct answers .

I have a question for you , since you are an svl guy if I may ?

All the svl owners are pro oss except maybe one and im not sure about him .
    Where are they ? Last four years it went from about 10 down to four .
    just curious , not making waves .
    I'll speak on behalf of myself.

When I started running SVL in 2005, OSS had a good count of boats in every class. We had a pretty decent schedule with Ocean races and lake races. we had approx 40 boats at every race and close to 10 SVLs at every race. In 2007 super V started to go away due to newer faster equipment. After that it was the cat OB, the Super cat Lite, and finally the straw that broke the camel's back, was the fall of SC class with the intro of 850 class. Unfortunately, for me as a SVL owner, the schedule became unattractive and unstable. My schedule became hectic, as I couldnt juggle my business and the stress of getting ready for a race. As time went on, the house of cards continued to fall. I am not pro OSS, OPA or SBI. I will race where the boats are. I want competition. If there were 12 SVLs running in SBI, thats where I will race. Now, I (we) are hoping that we can reinvent the rules to allow several engine combos, to get all the VLs back out there once again. I also think, this year in particular, the economy is playing a big role in the low boat count.

2. Collapse Details

Trent,

Why do you think there are only 11-16 boats racing with JC now despite all the news?

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    If there were 12 SVLs running in SBI, thats where I will race. Now, I (we) are hoping that we can reinvent the rules to allow several engine combos, to get all the VLs back out there once again. I also think, this year in particular, the economy is playing a big role in the low boat count.[/QUOTE]

There could be 8 svls almost overnight. 12 with some work, and maybe 16 plus if some were dusted off, converted to bravo, or bought up

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    If there were 12 SVLs running in SBI, thats where I will race. Now, I (we) are hoping that we can reinvent the rules to allow several engine combos, to get all the VLs back out there once again. I also think, this year in particular, the economy is playing a big role in the low boat count.

There could be 8 svls almost overnight. 12 with some work, and maybe 16 plus if some were dusted off, converted to bravo, or bought up[/QUOTE]

Be great to see all the SVL racing again they put on a hell of a show at one time. Sarasota would be a great start !

5. Collapse Details
    A suggestion from a venue instigator...
    Exclamation

Racers like Bruce and several others (OPA teams) can make it to Michigan City, New York City, Moorehead City, then coverge on Clearwater Beach, for an incredible specticle of competition and participation!

Coach

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Trent,

Why do you think there are only 11-16 boats racing with JC now despite all the news?

Quote Originally Posted by svl66 View Post
    I also think, this year in particular, the economy is playing a big role in the low boat count.
    To keep it short, I must agree with Bruce.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Be great to see all the SVL racing again they put on a hell of a show at one time. Sarasota would be a great start !
    Frank,

Your close to JC... Can't we get an exception made for this year only, "the 6 races rule", to be modified? I'm personally concerned for selling this boat racing event to Clearwater, to only having 11-16 boats show up for the 'National Championship'! Yikes! You know I'm working on damage control already, this would just make it harder, unless we get a 2009 modification, to enhance the opportunity for everyone... make it 3 races with SBIP in 2009 to be eligible to compete in Clearwater for the trophy!

Racers like Bruce and several others (OPA teams) can make it to Michigan City, New York City, Moorehead City, then coverge on Clearwater Beach, for an incredible specticle of competition and participation!

Coach[/QUOTE]

Correct me if Im wrong but weren't you asked to step away from your involvement with Clearwater? It is my understanding that they want nothing to do with you. Why are you continually persuing this?

Why are you trying to change JC/SBI rules for competition? Who are you? What do you mean by damage control?

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    I've tried to bring myself up to speed on this topic so those with knowledge have given me a history lesson.
    I've talked with one of the main principles in all of this and I still have one question...

Who the f--k is COACH ?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    I've tried to bring myself up to speed on this topic so those with knowledge have given me a history lesson.
    I've talked with one of the main principles in all of this and I still have one question...

Who the f--k is COACH ?
    good question

10. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post

Who the f--k is COACH ?
    Perhaps it's JC

11. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    Perhaps it's JC
    Nope.

12. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cigdaze View Post
    nope.
    + 10

13. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Hummmmmmm, I thought it was Ron P.

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    I actually planed not to post anymore........BUT......i hate to tell you all .......u are the ones that make this sport un atractive for newcomers and sponsors,,,,do u really think u can change time or people don't read all this ??????

welcome to live,,,u all need to grow up and stop trying to make changes ,,,either u get on the train ,,take a chance,,or u stay off.
    U all think u know it all ,,,,,well others did to,,and where are they now ???????
    I may not have the best boat ,,or the fastest ,,,i am not the richest or the greatest ,,but ,,,,I RACE !!!! and try to do the best i can .......what do u guys do ????? TALK !!! WOW ,,,that will change allot !!!!

15. Collapse Details

P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I actually planed not to post anymore........BUT......i hate to tell you all .......u are the ones that make this sport un atractive for newcomers and sponsors,,,,do u really think u can change time or people don't read all this ??????

welcome to live,,,u all need to grow up and stop trying to make changes ,,,either u get on the train ,,take a chance,,or u stay off.
    U all think u know it all ,,,,,well others did to,,and where are they now ???????
    I may not have the best boat ,,or the fastest ,,,i am not the richest or the greatest ,,but ,,,,I RACE !!!! and try to do the best i can .......what do u guys do ????? TALK !!! WOW ,,,that will change allot !!!!

are you actually saying that we as racers should just shut up and follow carbonell blindly off into the sunset while filling his pockets? are you really that narrow minded? oohhh i forgot you actually think that by racing with sbi and with the "tv" that this is solving things or moving in the right direction. i'll point out one fact, that i predicted when the tv deal was first talked about, and that is that tv has not helped the boat count. and it doesn't change that most don't want to race with sbi. unfurtunately he has sarasota and kw cause with out them i think we would have rid of him by now. and i hope that people read this stuff and that those with the money would actually do something to move the racing foward.

as for you, scott, i watched with my own 2 eyes as you told everyone at the opa dinner in AC how you were going to kick their asses.

all you've done is make excuses and hidden in from those guys. why not start by backing up your own words then move on to telling us whats good for racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Dave,
    You dont need to follow anyone blindly but if teams think it works for them then it what they should do. I guess you dont agree with JC and SBI but until you lets us know of sometime better SBI will grow and changes will be made.
    U say the boat count won't change,we'll keep a close eye out and watch. Check Geico web. site and there schedule. I guess they see some merrit in what CBS and SBI are doing.

Hummmm lets take a look at this, Corps like Geico,Panisonic,Hard Rock,and Rock Star are on board in a very short time. You will see plenty more the next few months, but Dave doesnt with its going to work I guess we'll have to see. You must be a lot smarter then these CEO that are spending BIG BIG money . Its people like u and attitude that have held Offshore back.

You talked about filling JC pockets like its a crime,SBI is not a non for profit no different then anyone other company that i know of. OSS is a not for Profit and they are broke look what happen to them.I these hard times I dont know if you have a job, but I hope you do . At the end of the week does you boss fill your pockets ???? Or do you work for nothing ???

Dave you need facts not BS. If SBI is so bad why do have they been around for ever and still have a schedule, sponors, and money. Hummm maybe that was just your opition??? But i guess time will tell and I guess guys like you hope the rest of us all fail so Offshore racing can go away for good.

If you want to post negitive post facts not just BS. I can post plenty about other Org. and their lies ....no schedule and still posted, canceling races last min, talking about TV they dont have, canceling Worlds last min, not being able to repeat a race in the same city for more then one yr, ****ing off cities so they will never be interested in talking to an Org. again about ever having a race there again ....(St . Pete)

You talked about SBI having Sarasota and KW ,lets talk about that and why is that. OSS has tried for yrs as recent as this yr, and couldnt get it so if the city knows better and doesnt want a ORG. like OSS that is SBI fault. They have all taken a run at KW, the old APBA and OSS . SBI still has it so why dont u ask yourself why the cities wanted no part of those other Org.

I guess we can go on and anytime you want to talk and find out what is really going on let me know i will be happy to.

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    One more thing, you made a silly statement about filling JC pockets. He and major Sponsors are spendign Millions to get TV and better the sport, and you are silly enough to make a statement that your entry fee of a few dollars if FILLING his pockets.

Come on reading that back and looking at the whole pics you have to even think that was funny because i know we all do.

First it was Mke A that was the A** hole now that he is gone it has to be JC whos next who else can we blame, hummmm I guess it has to always be someone other then the racers !

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    One more thing, you made a silly statement about filling JC pockets. He and major Sponsors are spendign Millions to get TV and better the sport, and you are silly enough to make a statement that your entry fee of a few dollars if FILLING his pockets.

Come on reading that back and looking at the whole pics you have to even think that was funny because i know we all do.

First it was Mke A that was the A** hole now that he is gone it has to be JC whos next who else can we blame, hummmm I guess it has to always be someone other then the racers !
    never siad mike A was bad, actually i think he had the best thing going.

my problem with sbi is plain and simple to see. theres alot of racers that just keep their mouths shut and don't want to ruffle feathers. i guess if you think its okay to have to pay 5 to 10k to get your boat back on the trailer if you crash it while racing, then if so then sbi would be great. if your a fountain vee bottom and you want a world championship then sbi will let you in whatever class you want and even make up new classes for you so you don't have as much competition. if you like paying twice as much for fuel that is mandated that you must buy then sbi is for you. as for those throwing in millions, i really don't see the return for them. and carbonell had to find someone, since fountain is in the crapper. theres alot more going on then whats being talked about here with the tv deal, but i still think that the actual racing will be overlooked and that the "tv" will be some distorted form of ......... well i really don't know. more like powerboat tests or something.

as for me holding offshore back, you give me way too much credit. i'm just voicing an opinion ( we're still in the US, right) on an open public furom.

20. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Dave ,

Again the BS flies do your home work, SBI hasnt hadnt mandated buying gas like OSS does in yrs.
    If you think he is making so muh money u should pick up the tab for the 500k KW cost. Do you think the 60 -70 teams that pay 3-4 equipment and reg. fee (280,000) cover his cost. I think you should run it this yr and give it a go, bring your CK BOOK.