Thread: Warpath!

Page 33 of 161 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Lucy, you've been on both, how do you feel about them?
    First let me tell you how I feel about Apache;
    Each and every boat was given that special individual treatment, whether for race or pleasure application, to become part on the TEAM- to be involved in the entire process of building your own custom, high performance powerboat was a big plus. When you make the decision to step up to an APACHE you became a member of the Apache Family. A member of our Apache Tribe!.. For you Apache owners each of your boats were build with quality, with that extra care given to detail and performance. Layout, design, artwork, graphics, color coordination, and interior accents; even custom bolsters were INDIVIDUALLY attended. Each Apache boat represents the owner's personal preferences and that makes them all unique!!! I have driven many different boats, and I got to tell you there is no ride like on APACHE,. Light or heavy Apache....not just another race boat!! and that is my opinion!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post

I did understand the question right..you meant Rough as in SHARP waves...like shipbreaking sharp...

The second best are the 26īs of for Example Sutphen and
    rough by my definition is say over 5-6+ ft, whether it be chop (sharp as you say) or ocean swells. Big enough to where you're airborne consistently and changing conditions.

As far as Sutphen goes, although I'm a big fan, I didn't find them to be the best rough water boat I've been on. I spent a good amount of time on a 33' and I wasn't overly impressed. The nose was way too flightly (needed a lot of extra weight) and overall not the best ride I've experienced.... However, I think they are competitive, run fast and can run with the best of them!

3. Collapse Details

A 28...

Back in the day a 28 degree deep Vee made Don Aronow more or less eat outta the hand of two Swedish Airline pilots who started racing offshore with their own boats...
    And It was a 21 footer that Beat Donīs Magnums...in the rough.
    Don wasnīt pleased after the race...
    Back then Bertram was the major contender...now we're pre-dating a bit.

4. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Saccenti collaborated with Aronow on the design of the first Apache boat, the 41 Warpath. Last time I went to visit Ben in the federal prison, we spoke for hours about warpath and he said "Warpath was my baby and it was the perfect ride"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ben's # 1 boat.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucy View Post
    words of wisdom!!
    Or just pure (racers) instinct...

6. Collapse Details

Back then Bertram was the major contender...now we're pre-dating a bit.
    Globally I beg to differ and Don was after all after the World championship...
    Just like Benny...

7. Collapse Details

First let me tell you how I feel about Apache;
    Each and every boat was given that special individual treatment, whether for race or pleasure application, to become part on the TEAM- to be involved in the entire process of building your own custom, high performance powerboat was a big plus. When you make the decision to step up to an APACHE you became a member of the Apache Family. A member of our Apache Tribe!.. For you Apache owners each of your boats were build with quality, with that extra care given to detail and performance. Layout, design, artwork, graphics, color coordination, and interior accents; even custom bolsters were INDIVIDUALLY attended. Each Apache boat represents the owner's personal preferences and that makes them all unique!!! I have driven many different boats, and I got to tell you there is no ride like on APACHE,. Light or heavy Apache....not just another race boat!! and that is my opinion!

Hereīs when the Pride of owning and building something unique comes to play itīs a Niche market but what a ride...
    Regarding that aspect yes Apache was in A class of itīs own.
    Here Apache had a lot of common with the upscale blowboat builders.

But thenagain howabout those second hand owners who custom their Apaches to their own taste..sometimes the result is good and improves the heritage and sometimes the heritage and identity goes out the window.
    Tough Decisions when owning something unique IMO.

8. Collapse Details

rough by my definition is say over 5-6+ ft, whether it be chop (sharp as you say) or ocean swells. Big enough to where you're airborne consistently and changing conditions.
    Just take a small enough cat and Chop getīs you airborne all the time

As far as Sutphen goes, although I'm a big fan, I didn't find them to be the best rough water boat I've been on. I spent a good amount of time on a 33' and I wasn't overly impressed. The nose was way too flightly (needed a lot of extra weight) and overall not the best ride I've experienced.... However, I think they are competitive, run fast and can run with the best of them!
    Mario Andretti once said once your in control of your racer you ainīt going fast enough.
    So it hasnīt to be nice , but win IMO to be a legend.
    If your body canīt take it then your washed up.

9. Collapse Details

Saccenti collaborated with Aronow on the design of the first Apache boat, the 41 Warpath. Last time I went to visit Ben in the federal prison, we spoke for hours about warpath and he said "Warpath was my baby and it was the perfect ride"
    Did Warpath race after 1984, also could someone see the boat on display at Fort Apache back in the day?

10. Collapse Details

Mario Andretti once said once your in control of your racer you ainīt going fast enough.
    So it hasnīt to be nice , but win IMO to be a legend.
    If your body canīt take it then your washed up.

Wow, that makes lots of sense. Build a product that beats kidneys out of it's owners and is out of control... Sounds like a great business model...

Wait, that's exactly what most V-bottom manufacturers have done in the past two decades in their quest for speed...

In my opinion the reason Apache became a legend is because of its rough water prowess.

I think what Mario meant by that and maybe it was lost in the translation ; you're not racing hard enough unless you're on the edge... The most accomplished racers are the ones who have found and went past the edge. There's two kinds of racers, those that have wrecked and those that are going to wreck...

11. Collapse Details

Just take a small enough cat and Chop getīs you airborne all the time .
    As they say; "it's all relative"

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    There's two kinds of racers, those that have wrecked and those that are going to wreck... [/QUOTE]

This is unfortanitley very true.

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    But hey guys,,,have u reliazed ,,,Lucy is back and the thread comes alive.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8by View Post
    Did Warpath race after 1984, also could someone see the boat on display at Fort Apache back in the day?
    Yes and Yes. Warpath raced in 1985. I'm not 100% sure but I think the banner boat debuted in Key West in 1985 at the worlds. Might have been a few races earlier.

Warpath was always at Fort Apache. Not only was it on display, but if you were buying a boat, and Ben and Bobby were there, you could even get a ride. I did, and it was awesome. We ended up buying the banner boat and a 41' pleasure. The banner boat raced in NPBA as Apache/Bandit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apache.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	40006

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by smokeybandit View Post
    Yes and Yes. Warpath raced in 1985. I'm not 100% sure but I think the banner boat debuted in Key West in 1985 at the worlds. Might have been a few races earlier.

Warpath was always at Fort Apache. Not only was it on display, but if you were buying a boat, and Ben and Bobby were there, you could even get a ride. I did, and it was awesome. We ended up buying the banner boat and a 41' pleasure. The banner boat raced in NPBA as Apache/Bandit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apache.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	40006
    That's awesome you got a ride with Ben and Bobby, I met your brother Kurt a few times and he has/had a picture of the banner boat up in the front of his entrance to his shop.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Lake Erie had been kicking my azz all my life and I wanted to kick back.
    AMEN !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 41airshot.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Yes and yes!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

18. Collapse Details

That's awesome you got a ride with Ben and Bobby, I met your brother Kurt a few times and he has/had a picture of the banner boat up in the front of his entrance to his shop.
    As much as I always loved Kurt like brother, he's not my brother. That's Steve that you are thinking of. I'm Robert. Driver and occasional U-boat commander.

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    As much as I always loved Kurt like brother, he's not my brother. That's Steve that you are thinking of. I'm Robert. Driver and occasional U-boat commander.
    mmhhh,,,U-Boat comander ????? hehe i stuffed my PP before,,does that make me one too?

20. Collapse Details

Yep, I thought you were Steve sorry about that.