Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Mike A, Thank you for your input on our matter.. It is time for us to race and for you to find another interest to involve yourself with.. SVL is moving forward. It is clear you seek to add only turmoil. Please save your opinions for your friends.

I recall "Shut up and race" to be a quote of yours... I now find "Shut up and let us race" to be appropriate.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Mike A, Thank you for your input on our matter.. It is time for us to race and for you to find another interest to involve yourself with.. SVL is moving forward. It is clear you seek to add only turmoil. Please save your opinions for your friends.

I recall "Shut up and race" to be a quote of yours... I now find "Shut up and let us race" to be appropriate.
    Are you serious? DD posts nonsense 7 times a day for the last 18 months and you call out someone who has actual, truthful experience and knowledge as a promoter and race boat owner? Seriously????
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    Are you serious? DD posts nonsense 7 times a day for the last 18 months and you call out someone who has actual, truthful experience and knowledge as a promoter and race boat owner? Seriously????
    Geez Dodds what would you know about A class SVl etc?
    Watching history repeat itself over and over again is liking watching a slow motion train wreck.

Steve

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post

Jimmy you may want to speak with George or Smitty before you say such silly stuff. Mike has done more for racing in the last 90 days than you have your entire life. If you check with George you will find he has been very gracious concerning the growth of SVl quite recently.
    Steve

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    Jimmy you may want to speak with George or Smitty before you say such silly stuff. Mike has done more for racing in the last 90 days than you have your entire life. If you check with George you will find he has been very gracious concerning the growth of SVl quite recently.
    Steve
    Jimmy,

I remember another quote I was always fond of: "Better to let people think you are stupid then to actually open your mouth - or type on a keyboard - and remove all doubt."

The last of the classes we created headed for the ash heap. At least I tried. RIP SVL.

6. Collapse Details

If I haven't been banned yet, go here and check out the list of "A Class" boats in Key West in the mid 90's...........then check out the "AX class" right below it.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/offshore...tml#offshore a

The Buzzi design and Bat Boat were assigned their own class because they kicked everybody's ass. Wings and flotation devices.... I will never forget the overtrimmed 28' Powerplay bouncing all over the place trying to keep up the perfectly trimmed Buzzi in KW.

I think it was the next year the Bronx Phantom and Eriesistable came out and it was the end of A-Class. I bought and ran a 30' Phantom in '99, '00 and '01. The Nemschoff's brought a Buzzi to the show and kicked everyone's ass. It met the written specs though.....

I will be interested to see the trade offs in SVL. A new competitive boat backed by more R&D than Phantom and Extreme can possibly deliver. On the other hand, Fountain coming out to play will bring the exposure that the class needs and deserves. I know I'll be following closely.......
    Last edited by Phantom1; 05-19-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    An other FAN that follows me around !!!!!!!!!!!

So...more nonsense , do u think with big money and more R&D u can make a phantom or any other SVL with the same specs and 525 run faster and better...there is a limit to everything and PHANTOM & EXTREME already reached that limit with these given specs..so i dont think there is any thread for anybody...but hey u know what happend back then......let me say this , since Reggie him self has nothing to do with Fountain anymore...so lets say NO personal intresst why would somebody change the rules in his favor ????? NO thread , just pure racing ..think about it..its not the 90's and its not a class and its not REGGIE'S boat !!!!!!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post

So...more nonsense , do u think with big money and more R&D u can make a phantom or any other SVL with the same specs and 525 run faster and better...there is a limit to everything and PHANTOM & EXTREME already reached that limit with these given specs..so i dont think there is any thread for anybody...but hey u know what happend back then......let me say this , since Reggie him self has nothing to do with Fountain anymore...so lets say NO personal intresst why would somebody change the rules in his favor ????? NO thread , just pure racing ..think about it..its not the 90's and its not a class and its not REGGIE'S boat !!!!!!!!!
    DD...you have posted 55 times on this thread, so you obviously know it all. I have no nonsense to add.....

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    DD...you have posted 55 times on this thread, so you obviously know it all. I have no nonsense to add.....
    wow...56...and thats only 9% out of 628 posts !!

I know, your right ..i should of posted a lot more on here !!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Best of luck to all SVL teams this weekend and all season. I had a great time while racing way back when. Be safe!

11. Collapse Details

Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL

How many other builders have attempted to build a boat for this class and compete against Phantom and Extreme? Activator & Lavey? I really don't think the limits have been reached. Lavey have improved the bottom recently. Yet to see the results on the race course, hopefully they get back out. Fountain coming into the class I think is great for competition.

I've read through the rules over and over again as I also plan to debut a new built boat in this class for 2011, and yes, a dedicated mold. A couple of the pleasure version will be out and tweaked in the next couple of months and then the canopied version will be built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0086.jpg   DSCF0093.jpg   DSCF0094.jpg  

DSCF0103.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL

How many other builders have attempted to build a boat for this class and compete against Phantom and Extreme? Activator & Lavey? I really don't think the limits have been reached. Lavey have improved the bottom recently. Yet to see the results on the race course, hopefully they get back out. Fountain coming into the class I think is great for competition.

I've read through the rules over and over again as I also plan to debut a new built boat in this class for 2011, and yes, a dedicated mold. A couple of the pleasure version will be out and tweaked in the next couple of months and then the canopied version will be built.
    U will find out its not that easy to get a SVL to go over 94 with the given rules..weight and all that !! But good luck !!!!!!!

Looks good too !!!!!

13. Collapse Details

I don't for one minute think it will be easy. Do I think I can build and dial in a competitve boat. Damn straight I do.

14. Collapse Details
    SVL
    Guys and Ladies

The current SVL fleet was designed in the 20th century. The reality is the fleet is old enough to be considered vintage racing. While SVL should have a mechanism to allow new boats without damaging the competitiveness and financial value of the existing fleet, it may not.

All forms of racing even F1 have a means to limit spending and technology. If new technology in the form of 21st century boats is to be effectively allowed without detriment to the class some form of handicapping will need to be applied in the short term (24 -36 months). This would allow the fleet to get updated while not destroying the existing competition model which is what ultimately determines boat count.

It is naive to believe that a 21st century boat has no advantage over a 20th century boat.

The simplest form of handicapping is weight. The class needs to look at 110% rule to allow new boats in and keep the old boats racing.

Steve

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Steve, of course you are correct. Everyone with a stake in this will be in Biloxi where things can be discussed. The 110% rule idea has been in discussion already as well as other things... Everyone participating wants to make the class successful. New boats need to be welcomed while older boats can remain competitive. It is a work in progress.

Meanwhile, the discussion here of how this may be achieved must remain positive in nature.

As for now, I hope to see a huge crowd to witness our season opener. It should be a fantastic race. http://www.smokingthesound.com/

Sunny Isle is right around the corner. Everyone interested in attending should be making their plans Now! http://www.offshoreevents.net/
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 05-20-2010 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added links

16. Collapse Details

How bout if they put a cost to purchase a new one at a certain price,say 100,000 or 125,000 for a race ready boat.dont know if its possible but sure would intrigue me into buying a new one

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    How bout if they put a cost to purchase a new one at a certain price,say 100,000 or 125,000 for a race ready boat.dont know if its possible but sure would intrigue me into buying a new one
    If you go that route, use a claiming rule. You can buy any boat in the fleet for a fixed price say $100,000. That would sure discourage any new boats.

18. Collapse Details

Are you guys listening to yourselves? You do realize that everything you are talking about now has been discussed before whenever the new machine gun has entered the old knife fight, right? And every single time the machine gun wins and the knives go home, broken and battered, worth a fraction of what they were before the fight, never to return again.

If I owned one of the knives today I would question anything said by an old timer clinger-on, especially their "rah, rah, zim boom bah" crap. The clingers have no skin in the game and rest assured they are always looking for their next ride.

You guys have no rules, and no enforcement structure in place even if you did have rules, which means your parity fixes will never work. The knife owners are being duped, make no mistake about it. If you are ok with that then fine, but do not say I did not warn you. That goes for you too George. All your hard work will be spiraling down the drain in no time. Too bad. Your heart is in the right place.

Take care and safe racing guys and ladies!

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Look stop all this BS and lets meet in Biloxi and work it out everybody has valid points here lets move forward instead of watching reruns I will see all tomorrow evening... Drive or fly safe ladies and gents!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    If you go that route, use a claiming rule. You can buy any boat in the fleet for a fixed price say $100,000. That would sure discourage any new boats.
    I like claiming always have, but Mike A is right.
    Steve