Thread: Phucking Thief

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Please don,t use any wireless ,when it comes to your family,,they ar affected by everything in your house,,ie microwave,,cell,,portable phone,,any of the housees remotes,ect,,,then the time toreset,,,HARD WIRE ,,a stealth system sounds like you want to play the game,,isn,t the goal to keep them out,,,hard wire in a 4 or 8 camera system ,,,one outside so everyone who enters your property is already photographed,,,then big signs saying this property is under 24 hr surveillance,,,,theifs will look elseware before yours knowing ,,their pic is already taken,,simple ,,i,v been installing these for some time now, trust me they work,,let me know if i can help ,,
    Will do. Thanks.
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

2. Collapse Details

Patrick, man sorry to hear.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Is that from an attorney's deep sincere feeling's or just a sarcastic I want 2 hang & pretend I give a chit about your dilemma????
    No sarcasm intended at all, just the opposite. The law may or may not catch the thief/thieves, but in the long run they will be caught doing something stupid and or badsh*t (street justice) will happen. My grandparent's were robbed twice, I set out to catch and punish/torture the motherf*ckers if I found them. Both of my granparents lived in fear after that, and they were always worried about being robbed again, which made me incensed. I don't play when my family or friends are wronged, I try to be a good Christian but it is very hard sometimes. So when a SOS brother is wronged I can feel for their situation.

The attorney part of me is about being in court, I am glorified salesman with a license to practice law. Other than that I am a regular guy, who does not have a pot to piss in these days, times are tough for me right now.

My post was and is sincere, I will let you know when I am busting balls, and I do not post just to hang, I could give a sh*t whether I am liked, disliked, or part of the gang that wants to hang on these internet boards (it is just not that important to me, I would obviously like not to be in the middle of controversy/confrontation); I learned long ago some people will never, ever will like me regardless of what I do or say, so I let the pieces fall where they may, and God is in control.

Well, I got somewhat offtrack from this thread, but oh well. No hard feelings at all....

Stephen
    Last edited by Smarty; 03-24-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: SOS, whoops sorry about that, thanks CigDaze

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    No sarcasm intended at all, just the opposite. The law may or may not catch the thief/thieves, but in the long run they will be caught doing something stupid and or badsh*t (street justice) will happen. My grandparent's were robbed twice, I set out to catch and punish/torture the motherf*ckers if I found them. Both of my granparents lived in fear after that, and they were always worried about being robbed again, which made me incensed. I don't play when my family or friends are wronged, I try to be a good Christian but it is very hard sometimes. So when a SOS brother is wronged I can feel for their situation.

The attorney part of me is about being in court, I am glorified salesman with a license to practice law. Other than that I am a regular guy, who does not have a pot to piss in these days, times are tough for me right now.

My post was and is sincere, I will let you know when I am busting balls, and I do not post just to hang, I could give a sh*t whether I am liked, disliked, or part of the gang that wants to hang on these internet boards (it is just not that important to me, I would obviously like not to be in the middle of controversy/confrontation); I learned long ago some people will never, ever will like me regardless of what I do or say, so I let the pieces fall where they may, and God is in control.

Well, I got somewhat offtrack from this thread, but oh well. No hard feelings at all....

Stephen
    just mess'n w/ ya Dude!!! Nobody but nobody likes 2 come C me in my office!!! I live w/ that & joke about it! It's all U can do!

5. Collapse Details

That sucks Patrick. I installed cameras for a while. Have been using them since the slow-roll the VHS days. Now I am looking at a PC based system for a few hundred bucks. It's a PCI card and a software package. The cameras connect to the PCI card. They can be seen on a monitor and also there's an output that can be run to the video distro for monitoring on a TV. The PC that the card is in becomes an addressable/networkable system connected to your router. You can view the cameras from a remote computer.
    The trick is a good UPS power backup and a good hiding place for the unit.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    just mess'n w/ ya Dude!!! Nobody but nobody likes 2 come C me in my office!!! I live w/ that & joke about it! It's all U can do!
    Your so mean, Tracy

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CDOWNS View Post
    Your so mean, Tracy
    It's what I do!!! Ask Connie!!

8. Collapse Details

The rotting skull on the pike pole in my front lawn has worked pretty well so far.

9. Collapse Details

Get a few signs that say "This property is protected by Precision Remotes".

10. Collapse Details

This sign might help...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yard sign.bmp  
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    That sucks Patrick. I installed cameras for a while. Have been using them since the slow-roll the VHS days. Now I am looking at a PC based system for a few hundred bucks. It's a PCI card and a software package. The cameras connect to the PCI card. They can be seen on a monitor and also there's an output that can be run to the video distro for monitoring on a TV. The PC that the card is in becomes an addressable/networkable system connected to your router. You can view the cameras from a remote computer.
    The trick is a good UPS power backup and a good hiding place for the unit.
    I was looking at a few cams and a dvr system. The dvr is anywhere from 300 to 1K and the cam are around 150 each. Still doing some research though.

12. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Sorry to hear this. Went through this twice with the store. Both were stupid and got caught. Boyh got a slap on the wrist

13. Collapse Details

This sucks!

Crime Solvers in your area? Get one of their signs and put it in your yard. $1K reward and most crooks have some crooked cohorts that will drop a dime on them for $1K.

Very unsettling someone invading your personal space. Get an alarm sooner than later.

I'm no expert but have had good results with wireless systems. I'd say the odds of you doing some thing "more inviting" to a theif are greater than them showing up with a wireless signal jammer or one of your sensors being disabled prior to them being detected. Either way- get at least one decent camera. A lot of systems have cameras, most of which show some figure robbing you but nothing clearer than that.

Be safe!

14. Collapse Details

Happened to us last summer. Two days before I had to go out of town for work for a month. New doors, double locks, and cameras installed before I left.
    They sent in the detectives, fingerprinted everywhere, and took anything they thought might have prints on them that they could do better work on in the lab. It's been nine months and we still can't get the damned police to give us our stuff back.

Oh yeah, the insurance company said since I had filed a previous claim within five years, I would get dropped or my rates would go up enough to cover the little I would have received in payment from them.
    Hope you have better luck.

15. Collapse Details

The chef at the hibachi steakhouse we go to has cooked for us for years at 3 different locations. He is a great guy with a wife and two kids. He is scheduled to go back to the Phillipines for the month of April after being gone 16 years (leaving home at age 12). Hasn't seen his parents/siblings since he left. Bought the $4600 in airline tickets and was saving his money for over a year.

He got robbed last week while away from home 2 weeks before he was moving out. His idea was to move his stuff into storage for the month since he didn't love the neighborhood anyway. Kids nintendo DSs, TV's, jewelry, cell phones and 2K in cash intended for his vacation. He said the stuff missing is bad but the 2K in cash was all the money he had to his name after buying plane tickets and preparing for the trip!

16. Collapse Details

back when the scrapers were going nuts, I had a 1/2 spool of commercial wiring disappear, they cut thru the back fence and rolled it thru the park behind my house. Cops came, took a report and were like..it's gone. I left a bunch of stuff in the yard 2 nights later and staked it out. once I heard people I unloaded most of a 30 round clip into the ground.. saw 3 guys running for their lives. Seems thieves talk because nobody has messed with this crazy ak weilding homeowner since.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

17. Collapse Details

Had to call the cops Friday night to report shots fired at 11:49. Heard a shot gun followed by a double tap from a 9 or a 45 1 house down and tires squeling.By the time I grabbed the gun and got to a window all i saw were tail lights. Took the cops 35 mins to respond.

3 years here and no problems and all this in one week. Talked to a neighbor that has been here for 30 yrs and said we are the second house to be broken into in 30 yrs he has been here. Made me think about who I pissed off.
    Last edited by BY U BOY; 03-29-2010 at 12:10 AM.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    back when the scrapers were going nuts, I had a 1/2 spool of commercial wiring disappear, they cut thru the back fence and rolled it thru the park behind my house. Cops came, took a report and were like..it's gone. I left a bunch of stuff in the yard 2 nights later and staked it out. once I heard people I unloaded most of a 30 round clip into the ground.. saw 3 guys running for their lives. Seems thieves talk because nobody has messed with this crazy ak weilding homeowner since.
    Cops just said make sure they are on my property

19. Collapse Details

The thought of me and guns even has me scared.......
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

20. Collapse Details

For Sale!