Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by damdonzi View Post
    Great story. The best part is that there is not a single person that doubts a word of it. Thank you again for sharing your adventures with us. Very entertaining!

I am still waiting to hear an aquatic version along the lines of Smokey & The Bandit.
    Instead of "The boys are thirsty in Atlanta and there's beer in Texarcana" it would be on the order of:

Friday morning over coffee: "Bob, there is some clam chowder on Nantucket we would like you to run up and have back for us at brunch this Sunday." Moments later the sounds of 3 engines warming up can be heard in the background....
    Wel I dont think they were hauling beer bro but I know of several versions that do exist!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    We all know some of these boats have some "History".
    I'm sure by now the statute of limitations must be up.
    Lets hear it!

Like the hatches in the bow are SO large.

I dont know why.[/QUOTE]

Or there's only 1 deck hatch in a race boat that drops into a large area for storage!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Thank you everone for your kind words. Since some of you would like more, I am working on another true adventure story. The elements include a shark encounter, 4 of us almost perishing in a storm in the Gulf stream, another unpleasant encounter with US Customs, how a US boat can all of a sudden become a Canadian boat without ever going to Canada, how you "launder" such a boat and even how I manage to ruin a friends perfectly good atificial leg. I promise you will laugh, you will cry and you will not sleep from the terror if you read it as a bedtime story.
    I will post tonight, just in time for bedtime reading. Because it takes place over a couple of days it will be twice as long as story #1. Have your PJ's and reading light on. LOL
    Bob
    Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-23-2010 at 11:29 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Cool. Staying tuned.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I'm waiting to hear the stories from some of the older guys around here about hauling bales of square grouper. Not them doing it themselves, but maybe the history of their history
    We all know some of these boats have some "History".
    I'm sure by now the statute of limitations must be up.
    I would love to hear some of those stories to. They need not be told in the first person either. If someone said some thing like, " I once heard from a reliable source..... " Take it as fiction or take it as real, it would make for some fascinating stories. I once had lunch with someone that worked on the boats back then and some of the stories he told me that day were bind boggling. As I think about it tho, I can understand why no one wants what happened back then coming back to life. It is something from the past that I'm sure many of them want to just leave alone for lots of valid reasons.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    I would love to hear some of those stories to. They need not be told in the first person either. If someone said some thing like, " I once heard from a reliable source..... " Take it as fiction or take it as real, it would make for some fascinating stories. I once had lunch with someone that worked on the boats back then and some of the stories he told me that day were bind boggling. As I think about it tho, I can understand why no one wants what happened back then coming back to life. It is something from the past that I'm sure many of them want to just leave alone for lots of valid reasons.
    When I was somewhere in my 10-14 yr range (early 80's), I remember reading a story in BOATING magazine (Dad subscribed, but I read it) about a guy and his girlfriend out overnighting on the boat, and having a free-floating "bale" thump into the side of the boat in the middle of the night. They hauled it aboard with the intentions of taking it back and selling it, but got all nervous of getting caught by the people it "belonged" to, and paranoia about police and such.

It was a fictional story (I'm pretty sure, but I also imagine that it has happened to someone).
    I've been trying to find that story just to re-read it now (almost 30 yrs later)
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".