Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

things may be different, but one of my sisters went to lawschool, did corp. law and retired at 43.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    things may be different, but one of my sisters went to lawschool, did corp. law and retired at 43.
    Things are different.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    If he can afford to pay cash for law school and just doesn't feel like working for 3 years (other than studying) more power to him. But if he has to go into debt for a law degree and expects to pay it off with a lucrative high paying job, think again.

http://abovethelaw.com/layoffs/

What law school is he going to? I went to Duquesne, down the street from Pitt. I guess I should say I paid for and graduated from Duquesne... I worked at a bar and lived at Pitt. (Yes, you can hear everyone from college chanting "Three more years!") But I'll tell you, my experience was atypical and my accounting degree and a strong economy in the mid-late 90's got me the job I have now. The law degree was of relatively little value. But on the up side, I'm still paying for it!

Undecided on where he'll apply. The kid is very sharp schoolwise but has no understanding of how the world turns, probably a little immature for his age. His LSAT was very good. Right now he's planning on spending a year in S. Korea teaching english and earn some money. He would probably enter law school with appx. $60K counting savings and early inheritance. I've read a number of articles about the law field downsizing like everything else.
    I've asked him a number of times if he had a plan other than law school and he talks about teaching.
    ed

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    Sorry, but those were lame!

Just my two-cents...

oh i agree, i just thought it was funny,

5. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm thinking cash at the moment. Now I just need to figure out how much. Again, I'm a blue collar guy, but I want to be "the best uncle"
    ________

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm thinking cash at the moment. Now I just need to figure out how much. Again, I'm a blue collar guy, but I want to be "the best uncle"
    How about some cash and take him to dinner and tell him how proud you are of him. That would make a pretty good uncle.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    True, true... What does she taste like?
    Frog legs
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Give him what it would cost you to have a great weekend on the water.Fuel,beer,pokerrun fees,food ect. Then tell him you had to give up something you love for someone you love more
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.