Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Harry Schoell is coming. Harry designed most of the really good 60's offshore stuff, 28' Magnum, 23' Magnum, 32' Cary/Cigarette, etc.

2. Collapse Details
    7 Days and Counting to OFF2009
    Things are starting to happen fast. While the parties have been our focus from the beginning (Jim Hauser tells me every day, "We started out with a 6 pack of beer and a bag of potato chips, and now look what is happening."), we now believe we may have 20-25 old and not so old boat on display. During the last 24 hours, Rich Luhrs ran into a little glitch in transporting his Switzer Wing, but he immediately contacted Kenny Kitson, who said, "No problem. I will bring my Switzer Wing "El Diablo". So now it is possible we will have 2 Wings there.

Additionally, I have had contact from both Dave and Bob Switzer. It is entirely possible that both Switzer brothers will be there.

To add to the festivities, Bob Walwork (Builder of Raveau boats since the 1950s) will be there with his DU Raveau.

Things just keep getting better - Steve

3. Collapse Details

So who's going and when? Got a list?

I might stop by on Saturday.
    P
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

4. Collapse Details
    Off
    Registered
    Leaving St Pete now! See everybody in Jupiter. Should be a great Event! Thanks to Steve for the effort. Garty Orthner

5. Collapse Details

I was in heaven..... Talked for a while to the Switzer brothers, Ken Warby, Odell Lewis, John Bakos, Sam James, Jim Mander, Dale Thayer, Rich Luhrs, Billy Seebold, Dale Thayer, Gene Wagner, Gene Lanham, and a couple of dozen others. What a shindig!

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I was in heaven..... Talked for a while to the Switzer brothers, Ken Warby, Odell Lewis, John Bakos, Sam James, Jim Mander, Dale Thayer, Rich Luhrs, Billy Seebold, Dale Thayer, Gene Wagner, Gene Lanham, and a couple of dozen others. What a shindig!
    Wow,.......

Now bring them all to Key West....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ratickle View Post
    wow,.......

Now bring them all to key west....
    yep !!!!!!!!!:usa:

8. Collapse Details

Dammn.. And Now Im kicking myself...

Better go and look for jobs overthere and live the dream...
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Jim and Steve:

Thank you so much for the time, effort and thought that you devoted to this. The memorial flyby...thanks to Velux..... was a beautiful tribute to so many who have passed. The restaurants and environs were amazing and just perfect for what we needed. Let me also thank the Geico/Haggin team for putting up with us and extending so much generosity..... Thanks also to Ken Kitson for saving my butt by bringing his wing when my effort went awry. ...

Finally to the rest of you OFF members.....I loved every minute I got to spend with so many old friends.....it's like the years melted away in an instant. Our love of the sport, shared memories and experiences that will never happen again, along with the wonderful sense of brotherhood is something I will carry with me always..... God Bless each and every one of you.

Keep the faith.

T2x...............
    Allergic to Nonsense

10. Collapse Details

Summing up the weekend for me, I am so thankful that I was born at the right time. The opportunity will never present itself again, at least in the boating area. Imagine (if you weren't there) firing a flare, and having 278 boats take off wide open for the draw span at 125th St. and then racing to West Palm Beach UP THE INTRACOASTAL BYGOD WATERWAY. Frickin' tree huggers, manatee loving, noise abating bastriges will see that you do not have any fun, from here on. I got to watch Odell, Bakos, Sirois, Ridgell, Sam Griffith, Forest Johnson, et al. blow by me, while I steered with my knee, and opened a cold one with my hands. Never happen again............

11. Collapse Details

hi brownie good to hear so much reminissing. dont know too many of you pioneers in the sport but i do live on a farm on rosendale/eldorado wisc line near mel riggs. after work i stop by and talk with him and the boys from time to time. your name has come up periodicly. odell as well and i think he was up here not to long ago.if you havent been to his establishment it is quite an operation. worth the trip..anyway glad your golden years are going well.

Billy Dalton.

12. Collapse Details

OFF2009 went ON this last weekend with great success. We are currently posting follow up and photos on that thread..see link below

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...=183058&page=7

These eight have at least driven a Switzer Wing, five have actually raced one. Photo taken at OFF2009
    Left to right: Bobby Ridgell, Odell Lewis, Gene Lanham, Rich Luhrs, Steve Sirois, Kenny Kitson, John Bakos, Bob Switzer