Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

During the deposition answer questions as simple and short as possible.Don't give any extra information.Maybe your attorney can spend some time with you in a practice deposition before.But its no big deal just answer the same way don't change anything thats what they are trying to do
    The civil statute of limitations is out so if you never received notice of claim you can not be dragged into this

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    That is SOME story, amazing. So what's the deal with the lawsuit, who's suing who. Are the people that were hurt suing the police department.

I guess this is a lesson for everyone, don't accept a bunch of guns from someone, then put them in a bag and transport them, especially if you don't know if they are loaded and you don't have a permit. You are lucky, technically you probably could have been arrested. Thankfully you were not in a traffic accident or stopped for something minor pn the way to the show. "Gee officer this bag of guns belongs to a "friend" and I don't know if they are loaded, I am just on my way to try to sell them!! With these crazy laws and law suits, who knows since the gun belonged to your neighbor he could have been named in a lawsuit since he was the owner, then to protect himself he could have been a jerk and said you took the guns. Not sure how well you knew him, but crazy things happen, one or more of the guns could have been stolen or unregistered. Still an amazing story, and yes you should write a book or do some stand up comedy since you already have a ton of material

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    During the deposition answer questions as simple and short as possible.Don't give any extra information.Maybe your attorney can spend some time with you in a practice deposition before.But its no big deal just answer the same way don't change anything thats what they are trying to do
    The civil statute of limitations is out so if you never received notice of claim you can not be dragged into this
    Trudat...despite the 'finding the truth' mumbojumbo the sole purpose of a deposition is to be able to use your words against you. Don't elaborate on anything, don't explain. they will ask you the same question in different formats 50 times to find ANY inconsistency in your answers. yes or no is always the best answer. Always remember they are trying to trick you, trip you up, look at the simplest question with suspicion. A good lawyer will rehearse it with you several times and prep you.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht View Post
    That is SOME story, amazing. So what's the deal with the lawsuit, who's suing who. Are the people that were hurt suing the police department.

I guess this is a lesson for everyone, don't accept a bunch of guns from someone, then put them in a bag and transport them, especially if you don't know if they are loaded and you don't have a permit. You are lucky, technically you probably could have been arrested. Thankfully you were not in a traffic accident or stopped for something minor pn the way to the show. "Gee officer this bag of guns belongs to a "friend" and I don't know if they are loaded, I am just on my way to try to sell them!! With these crazy laws and law suits, who knows since the gun belonged to your neighbor he could have been named in a lawsuit since he was the owner, then to protect himself he could have been a jerk and said you took the guns. Not sure how well you knew him, but crazy things happen, one or more of the guns could have been stolen or unregistered. Still an amazing story, and yes you should write a book or do some stand up comedy since you already have a ton of material
    They were old antique guns like you would see on the wall in Cracker Barrel. They were kept in a locked duffle bag- like an old money bag. Each gun was in it's own custom leather and sheepskin case. In florida you are allowed to transport guns.
    It's not like i got 5 funs, threw them in a pillow case and carried them over my shoulder.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Trudat...despite the 'finding the truth' mumbojumbo the sole purpose of a deposition is to be able to use your words against you. Don't elaborate on anything, don't explain. they will ask you the same question in different formats 50 times to find ANY inconsistency in your answers. yes or no is always the best answer. Always remember they are trying to trick you, trip you up, look at the simplest question with suspicion. A good lawyer will rehearse it with you several times and prep you.
    I appreciate it. I'm a witness for the victums. I'm not at any risk. I will keep it short and sweet.

6. Collapse Details

wear a star trek uniform.......it will give you street cred.
    Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    They were old antique guns like you would see on the wall in Cracker Barrel. They were kept in a locked duffel bag- like an old money bag. Each gun was in it's own custom leather and sheepskin case. In Florida you are allowed to transport guns.
    It's not like i got 5 funs, threw them in a pillow case and carried them over my shoulder.

Sorry Gino, when I hear duffel bag, I think gym bag and knowing you are a smart man "My" vision of you putting 5 guns in a bag and driving off to a gun show" with a bunch of weapons you don't know much about, makes me scratch my head. But then I remember you are one of the truly good guys and you sometimes think with your heart, that's what we love about you. I am sure you probably have questioned yourself over this, so I hope you realize I am not judging you in a bad way. Lot's of smart people make and an occassional bad decision for good reason. I wish you luck tomorrow and let us know how you do.

8. Collapse Details

I remember that story but it could only happen to you Gino
    BOATING BABYYYY

NJPPC COMMITEE MEMBER
    www.njppc.com
    www.njboa.org

9. Collapse Details

Nobody killed here so all is well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

This gun is a must have for home protection. Just be careful when practicing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

10. Collapse Details

This one makes me want to shoot at close range!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UujfnEa5jLY

11. Collapse Details

In the BMG vid. the shooter was using slap rounds, something that should have never been used in that rifle.

12. Collapse Details

wow!.....thats crazy!

def write a book......

13. Collapse Details

How'd it go Gino?