Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Watercooled Alum ex manifolds wouldnt last with turbos on boost. Ex gas is not only hot its under presure. Cast iron manifolds on my twin turbo are heavy but no problem in 17 years and counting.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDARCHER View Post
    Watercooled Alum ex manifolds wouldnt last with turbos on boost. Ex gas is not only hot its under presure. Cast iron manifolds on my twin turbo are heavy but no problem in 17 years and counting.
    Ceramic coatings.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    2" shorter than a # 6..
    but it is designed to sit that much lower in the boat, so the propshaft height doesn't really change.

4. Collapse Details

How much is that cigarette? $900,000?

5. Collapse Details

So can the 1300/1350 mate up with existing #6 drives without modifications?

BraceYourself- if you care to answer, you interested in the motors, the motor/drive package, a new Cig or just learning/interested? Just wondering- living vicariously is nothing near as good as living it for real but it's all I got...

6. Collapse Details

Cool package!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

BraceYourself- if you care to answer, you interested in the motors, the motor/drive package, a new Cig or just learning/interested? Just wondering- living vicariously is nothing near as good as living it for real but it's all I got...
    Mark,

The No. 6 drive can't handle the 1,300 foot-pounds of torque. That's why they created the M8 drive. They are selling the 1300/1350 and M8 drive as a package.

8. Collapse Details

Cool boat. Not much AMG about it but cool nonetheless. At the end of the day, anything that draws interest is a good thing.

9. Collapse Details

I wonder what the future holds in store for the #6s? Will they be discontinued?

10. Collapse Details

Awesome!!!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Roger 1 View Post
    I'd guess not. Most likely the drive will have a higher parasitic loss than the six. And certainly a higher price point.

The big question is will merc sell it separately or bundle it like the NXT?

12. Collapse Details

Thanks Matt. I knew the TQ was too high; just curious if it could be mated. There are a ton of people pushing too much power through Bravos/Alphas/Etc. Would there be much transom work to upgrade a 6 boat to be an 8 boat?

13. Collapse Details

What role, other than the name on the side, does AMG have in it?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

I'm definetly interested. Don't want the first one, but can see my self using this package in my next boat or in my boat.

I asked Tim what he thought of me sending my boat to the factory and rerigging it. THe short answer I got was it would be better to sell AM II and get a new cig. So if that's the case I would consider what do I really want, a new cig or a 50 foot cat (Flight Club) with the power.

Not in a hurry to decide but really like the possibilities of less valve adjustments, longer life, more power, and less fuel.
    Last edited by BraceYourself; 02-12-2010 at 12:23 PM.

15. Collapse Details

registered
    Anyone have pics of the whole boat?

16. Collapse Details

If they will sell the #8 by itself, I can see some Apache guys using them to run big power and not have to worry about #6's. What is the max. hp and tq for the #8? A twin engine 47' is starting to look better and better

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Roger 1 View Post
    Yes, the 8 will eventually replace it (just like 2, 3, 4, 5). It is currently available as the package only, but will soon be the only drive above the NXT.

It is also supposedly more effecient.

You would have to run alot of spacer to retrofit it in an existsing six location.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    Yes, the 8 will eventually replace it (just like 2, 3, 4, 5). It is currently available as the package only, but will soon be the only drive above the NXT.

It is also supposedly more effecient.

You would have to run alot of spacer to retrofit it in an existsing six location.
    Would it make sense to run a #8 with an 850 setup? It looks to me like that would be way too much drive for that setup. I almost think that merc should offer a drive between the NXT and the #8 or beef up the NXT (which would be a #6 anyway).

19. Collapse Details

Thanks For sharing, any one have addtional pictures of the boat and the set-up?

Thanks
    Jon

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    What role, other than the name on the side, does AMG have in it?
    I bet the germans helped develop the engine for merc !!!!!!!!

Becasue it almost looks like a mercedes engine !!! And AMG is mercedes !!!!