Thread: mmmm GARLIC!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor
    Another on my must hit list.

http://www.cuetopiatexas.com/restaurant.htm

2. Collapse Details

I never eat out during the week (unless I bring a chick out on a date). It doesn't sound like I eat the good home cooked meals that some of you people get. I'm a 28 yr old bachelor so a PB & J sandwiched is considered a home cooked meal for me. Last night I had tuna fish out of the can....no bread. I only get to the grocery store once every 3 weeks at best, so I eat good for a week then I stretch the rest until I get back to the store. I need to find myself a good chick that can cook!

3. Collapse Details

Or cook for a good chick. It is no fun to cook for one.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Or cook for a good chick. It is no fun to cook for one.
    As long as she doesn't mind it coming from the George Foreman grill, that thing has changed my life!

5. Collapse Details

I enjoy cooking, but I hate cleaning the mess. Since work is slow, I'm cooking more, and doing leftovers, usually its lunch thats I eat take out. And I use fresh garlic, so I don't have to use so much garlic Salt. John says I use too much salt, but that comes from the man who doesn't salt water for rice/ pasta! Clark (J's homey) likes my cooking just fine! Last week I made 9 lasangna roll-ups, and it was better the 2nd time...
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

6. Collapse Details

My dad's a great cook. You can always cook for the girl. I agree that it's no fun cooking for one. I don't cook as much when I'm at my condo. It's usually just a sandwich or something. Tony says I'm the only person he knows that bakes a small turkey breast just to have a turkey sandwhich
    I saw a boat once!

7. Collapse Details

Typical breakfast.. Brown about 4 cloves of chopped garlic with a sprinkle of slivered almonds in olive oil. Add small portion of chopped red onion, sliced cherry tomatoes, and a heaping plate full of fresh baby spinach. Drizzles with fresh lemon cook till spinach shrinks down scramble in one egg and generous portion of feta cheese, season with salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne. Serve with mutli grain toast. Wife calls it my Greek eggs. Also good with a portion of ****ake mushrooms added. I like a balance of crunch, chew and mush in everything I cook.

8. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=DonziGirl;280358]You can always cook for the girl. I agree that it's no fun cooking for one. [QUOTE]

I always liked it better when they cooked for me

The last couple of girls that I dated would cook for me, my end of the deal was that I would pay for the supplies and I would also clean up. I kind of liked it that way....

I can cook the basics, nothing fancy.

9. Collapse Details

I wish I could get Tony to do the dishes! I think he has a boat to be working on or something though.
    I saw a boat once!

10. Collapse Details

I love to cook and very rarely eat dinner out. I make lunch if I'm not too busy and working from home. My grocery bills are steep, but it is so much healthier. I also grow a garden. It is very expensive to eat a healthy meal out - if you can actually find something healthy to begin with!

My ex-girlfriend lost 20 pounds within months of moving in with me due to healthier - and better food. My new GF and I eat 95% of the same things (amazing!), so we cook together a lot. She is Japanese, so I get to eat octopus and drink sake all the time!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Apache View Post
    I enjoy cooking, but I hate cleaning the mess. Since work is slow, I'm cooking more, and doing leftovers, usually its lunch thats I eat take out. And I use fresh garlic, so I don't have to use so much garlic Salt. John says I use too much salt, but that comes from the man who doesn't salt water for rice/ pasta! Clark (J's homey) likes my cooking just fine! Last week I made 9 lasangna roll-ups, and it was better the 2nd time...
    I don't salt my pasta when it cooks. I use olive oil so it doesn't boil over.

We eat out too much. I hate grocery shopping. I hate cooking.

But, we have 1/4 side of beef being delivered Thursday night. Grilling will resume.
    Queen of Bammin'

12. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    We eat out so much that I love home cooking...

Mon, Fri, Sat & Sun we eat out
    Tues-Wed I cook
    Thurs she cooks

Last week: Carrabba's twice, Bonefish once, Rib Shack once and Texas Roadhouse once and local seafood for crabs once. Ice cream yesterday was a treat I normally don't do
    I saw a fat, drunk guy with a whole crab stuck in his mouth on a MPT TV show about Maryland crabhouses last week. You wouldn't know who that was, would you??????????????

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I saw a fat, drunk guy with a whole crab stuck in his mouth on a MPT TV show about Maryland crabhouses last week. You wouldn't know who that was, would you??????????????
    Let's not bring fat, drunk people into this thread...it's big a topic of voodoo today.
    Queen of Bammin'

14. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post
    Let's not bring fat, drunk people into this thread...it's big a topic of voodoo today.
    LMAO. Here is the video in question. Look at the very end....in the brown shirt. That guy look familiar to me for some reason!!!!!!!!

http://video.wttw.com/video/video/11...ject/957383404

15. Collapse Details

I'm a dollar menu kind of guy. I can cook a few things, but I don't really follow directions. just some of this, a little of that, most of the time it works out well. biggest problem is I have no quantity calibration ability. I will cook for 2 but end up with food for 6
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    LMAO. Here is the video in question. Look at the very end....in the brown shirt. That guy look familiar to me for some reason!!!!!!!!

http://video.wttw.com/video/video/11...ject/957383404
    I couldn't watch that long, but Whitey sure looks like Phragle with hair!!!!
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

17. Collapse Details

I have hair..it's just on the wrong side of my head....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

18. Collapse Details

For the most part my family eats in a couple days a week, eats out a couple and the rest order in. I'm in Toronto with just my dad on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I usually bbq something all day. Today i made bbq chicken that should be ready in a while. I find it the hardest to eat healthy at college because its hard to cook for just one, campus food is gross, and so you end up ordering in a lot.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I'm a dollar menu kind of guy.
    I hope you have picked something better for lunch Friday. No dollar menus in my belly.

20. Collapse Details

When things are bad I can survive on pasta and peanuts. I hope I don't have to ever again.