1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    Then its true you can walk on water.
    He's that damn good!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    yea, before it,s all over i want to build a wide body 36,,like kopper kettle,,? love that boat

3. Collapse Details

Marc Berman and I spoke at length about his 36 Cig raceboat. He pointed out that the beam and bow flare really added lift over 100mph and to kill the effect, he put a water tank and a set of huhe tabs on it. If you're going to build one, marc is the guy to talk to.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cashbrain View Post
    Apparently you haven't been on the great lakes...washboard water...
    Great lakes no washboard yes.
    Would love to try Great Lakes

The Northern Baltic and North Sea I´m familiar with, all washboard.
    The best water to train any boat..even sailboats.

The Great Lakes have been compared to our neck of woods of the Baltic... the grave of Estonia is only 30 miles from me.
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Oh yeah. Cool classic. I ran right next to Bounty Hunter last year in Key West. It was like being in a time machine.
    When we were at the Camebridge race I was in the 3rd turn scoreing for the race and the other guys on the boat asked me why I got so excited every time Bounty Hunter came around, I just looked at them with a puzzled look and said your kidding right?
    I loved watching that boat run.
    Last edited by cosmic12; 11-21-2009 at 09:26 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Marc Berman and I spoke at length about his 36 Cig raceboat. He pointed out that the beam and bow flare really added lift over 100mph and to kill the effect, he put a water tank and a set of huhe tabs on it. If you're going to build one, marc is the guy to talk to.
    I was on BAM 25 years ago when Marc owned Marina City Marina. We wore ski goggles and it was the first boat I was on that went 100...
    it was nothing short of scary,but,Marc is a an excellent driver and knew the boat very well...
    BAM was one BAD MOFO

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    When we were at the Camebridge race I was in the 3rd turn scoreing for the race and the other guys on the boat asked me why I got so excited every time Bounty Hunter came around, I just looked at them with a puzzled look and said your kidding right?
    I loved watching that boat run.

Thanks, Sorry we didn't give you a better show. lol

Jr.

8. Collapse Details

The guy with the bubble deck Cig is the same guy that owns the Bonefish Spectre that was 1/2 repainted after the substantial repair without any hint about it in the description.

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    I was following the bidding a the bubble deck, listed as FAYVA SHOES, originally BOUNTY HUNTER...Sold for $35 K plus $4K in storage. Wanted to buy in the worst way!! But had to send the money to pay for my daughters college !! "HIGH LIFE"

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I think thats a good price it also wasn't run as hard as bounty hunter !!!!!!!
    Sure it was, Maybe even Harder lol Here is My Father in it Running it for Halter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Halter2.jpg