Thread: cool cougar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by h2oMag View Post
    After Paul passed away, Emerald City Harbor sold her to a new owner here on Lake St Clair this past spring.
    we love that boat

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    I think the boat up in Sacramento may have been the old Budwieser / Copier Cat (but only about 75% on that recollection). The guy told me that if I'd called him a year ago, I could have had the whole shebang, less power for $25k. He was a good guy. He got the boat on a trade with a boat he got from a mechanic's lien without power but otherwise read to run.

There's a few of these boats that ultimately ended up at the right price, but at the wrong time and it's a real shame...
    Yep, Don Carter's Copier Cat. The hull is not worth much on the per pound scale basis. The guy just sold the drives to someone in Italy last week. The project does not have much left to sell.

3. Collapse Details

Wow, that's a way better price than the $50k+ that LCM quoted me on that boat 2 years ago...

Hmmmm.....

1993 in Pompano Beach if memory serves correct... myself taking the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0003.jpg  
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PJC View Post
    Slick, The uk made this boat for Ben Kramer, he sold it to Maxon before it was rigged
    PJC, this is a pleasure 50 or so ( in Ibiza )...comes for sale every once in awhile?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0001.jpg   IMG_0002.jpg  
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PJC View Post
    Slick, The uk made this boat for Ben Kramer, he sold it to Maxon before it was rigged
    Why did Ben order a cougar V when they had the Apache V's? I know he ordered a cougar cat but Apache really didn't make cat's themselves.

6. Collapse Details

chewiekw:
    I like your avatar. Could you post that pic to see in larger size?

7. Collapse Details

here it is, great boat huh? Wished it would have raced more with better power....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jessie James3 _1989_.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    PJC, this is a pleasure 50 or so ( in Ibiza )...comes for sale every once in awhile?
    I see the "El Boss" on the transom. Did Willie Diaz have a superboat? Man that thing is a monster!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

9. Collapse Details

El Boss MÜNCHEN

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chewiekw View Post
    Why did Ben order a cougar V when they had the Apache V's? I know he ordered a cougar cat but Apache really didn't make cat's themselves.
    Who ordered the Apache cat that nowadays is Warpaint?
    A MPYD boat.

According to Brownie back in the day the Alu Cougar 46 creamed everything.
    Maybe Benny was looking for options and then Bobby came with the idea "I can build you a bigger one..."

11. Collapse Details

here it is, great boat huh? Wished it would have raced more with better power....

Looks good.

12. Collapse Details

Warpaint was originally Canada Homes Challenge. Owned by Lorne Liebel

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Actually Warpaint was Labatt Guniune Draft, Canada Homes was a different boat that ended up in Japan I think.
    Ryan Beckley

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Do you have anymore pictures of this boat?

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Actually Warpaint was Labatt Guniune Draft, Canada Homes was a different boat that ended up in Japan I think.
    I am positive that Warpaint is the old Canada Homes boat, at least that is what I heard straight from Lorne's mouth. The boat is a Michael Peter's cat and was built by Ontario yachts. See here for more information. http://www.teamwarpaint.com/about3.html

16. Collapse Details

I know all that...and know personally the whole slap-a-hoe crew...
    In fact I´m their biggest and only fan in Europe

I just thought to ask anyone what´s the true story from day 1 for that boat.
    And whats the story of the Apache Cats...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA040953.jpg   PA040954.jpg   PA040955.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fobes View Post
    chewiekw:
    I like your avatar. Could you post that pic to see in larger size?
    Quote Originally Posted by salrcr42 View Post
    Do you have anymore pictures of this boat?
    Go to http://boatmad.com/gallery/main.php. 99.9% of the pics (of raceboats) posted in American forums are from Flying Fish's almighty gallery.

Man that thing is a monster!
    It is. Pics from the sales ad:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cougar 48 -.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	51123

Name:	Cougar 48 - 1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	51124

Name:	Cougar 48 - 2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	51125

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Hey I could be wrong. Canada Homes and Labatt's were SOOO different I thought it was a different boat. CH had 2 Canopies and 5's when Labatt's first came out it had the double wide canopy and surface drives with twin rudders, and now it is back to #6 drives.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CanadaHomes3.jpg   CanadaHomes4.jpg  
    Ryan Beckley

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Hey I could be wrong. Canada Homes and Labatt's were SOOO different I thought it was a different boat. CH had 2 Canopies and 5's when Labatt's first came out it had the double wide canopy and surface drives with twin rudders, and now it is back to #6 drives.....
    Ryan I recall Lorne saying that the boat was cut down a handful of feet from when he used to race it, this conversation took place in Key West a few years back, so I might not be remembering it correctly. But assuming the boat was cut down I could see the changes to the drives etc. being done at the same time.

20. Collapse Details

This subject came up on the other offshore site, it is apparently the same boat, in a few of the pictures you can see it has a standoff box built across the whole transom along with a tunnel extension, in some earlier photos it's a flat transom and no extension. I read somewhere that Jack Studeville did the transformation....
    Last edited by FastDonzi; 01-05-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: i 4 an e