Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    I'm considering a teacup Chihaua (sp). Seriously.
    Funny you should mention that, my parents have a purebred teacup, and a purebred miniature dachshund, when we were at their house for Christmas we were getting close to being ready for a new dog. I commented to my wife, how cool it would be to have a mix of the 2. Like I mentioned above, we were looking for a smaller breed, and the pups the shelter had that lured us in were Chihaua (sp) dachshund mixes, too bad they were all gone once we got there, and the other small dogs they had were mostly hairballs, and adult Chihaua's. I walked the shelter for over an hour trying to decide if I was going to wait, or get a bigger breed, but fell in love with the Mutt above.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    He is 2 weeks into an 8 week training course, I hope it works, but since the course is being held at a chain pet store, with 4 other dogs(one of his exact size), he thinks its play time, and time to shop for a new toy, last week when they walked us thru the toy aisle, he was pulling everything he wanted off the shelves
    I took my Mastiff for the basic puppy training class at Pet Smart. I think it was worth it in the end. My dog was like yours though - she thought it was play time when we went there, and loved all the attention from people shopping in the store.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    I took my Mastiff for the basic puppy training class at Pet Smart. I think it was worth it in the end. My dog was like yours though - she thought it was play time when we went there, and loved all the attention from people shopping in the store.
    That is the exact course he is in, It is like $100, I told my wife, even if he learns next to nothing, it is worth the $100 for 8 hours of social time getting used to people and other dogs. We may continue on after the 8 weeks, just for that reason.

4. Collapse Details

That is the exact course he is in, It is like $100, I told my wife, even if he learns next to nothing, it is worth the $100 for 8 hours of social time getting used to people and other dogs. We may continue on after the 8 weeks, just for that reason.
    I looked at it exactly the same way, and got at least that much out of it. I didn't continue on afterwards, as I didn't feel the need to. By that time, it was already obvious that she was going to be fine around other people and dogs.

She still loves to go to Pet Smart though. I think it's because of all the attention she gets. It's like walking an elephant around the store.

5. Collapse Details

Best $ you will ever spend on a puppy. socializing them is so important
    Continue being around people $ dogs as much as possible...LOTS of kids
    are good when they are young also. The way kids act is very strange and frightning to dogs

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    I guess you will be starting a "Home Decorating" thread too.
    I was wondering if my dog would like a bone placard with his name on it at the front of his cage?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0059.jpg   IMAG0060.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Three puppies left....