Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

The old ones are great. The new ones are suspect.

2. Collapse Details

i walked up to one at bass pro and gave it a smack in the side. Sounded pretty cheap to me.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Macklin View Post
    Well, you better freakin call me next time you do go for a ride!
    I TRIED!! You were next door and never stopped by!! Next time I'll hold a gun to your head. I plan to get him to take me out when it warms up.

You should list your boat, It will take time to sell a nice boat with good value.
    BillR

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Russ, I'd steer clear of the late model makos. As stated above, they are the bayliners of the center console market. In looking at your requirements, I'd look at a 20-22ft proline. They have rear seating, front pad for the ladies and kiddies, and run decent for what they are. I'm not saying they are the best built boats, but they are a ton of boat for the money. I just bought a 99 200sport, t-top, 150merc with less than 200hrs for $7500. It runs 44mph and is a dry ride for the size. I work with magicfloat, so feel free to call if I can help out. I've had 7 prolines in the last three years as my personal/take to the beach boats. I've done lots of upgrades to all of them, so am very familiar with the boats. They also sell really well when it's time to move up. Every one I have had sold the first day it was listed and they were not priced cheap.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fstboatlvr View Post
    Russ, I'd steer clear of the late model makos. As stated above, they are the bayliners of the center console market. In looking at your requirements, I'd look at a 20-22ft proline. They have rear seating, front pad for the ladies and kiddies, and run decent for what they are. I'm not saying they are the best built boats, but they are a ton of boat for the money. I just bought a 99 200sport, t-top, 150merc with less than 200hrs for $7500. It runs 44mph and is a dry ride for the size. I work with magicfloat, so feel free to call if I can help out. I've had 7 prolines in the last three years as my personal/take to the beach boats. I've done lots of upgrades to all of them, so am very familiar with the boats. They also sell really well when it's time to move up. Every one I have had sold the first day it was listed and they were not priced cheap.
    Thanks, I'll look them over. You apparently know I've dealt with Robert and I hope he is doing well (what a first class gentleman!). I've checked his website several times the last few months thinking he might have somehting that interests me....tell him I said hello.

6. Collapse Details

Right now a new Sea hunt 210 is in the lead....6 yr yamaha warranty helps!

I like the layout of the Mako 212 but build quality??? Cobia Sea Pro, and Polar appparently make a similar layouts. Searching is loosing it's appeal!!! Apparently shopping while boatless is much more stressful!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Thanks, I'll look them over. You apparently know I've dealt with Robert and I hope he is doing well (what a first class gentleman!). I've checked his website several times the last few months thinking he might have somehting that interests me....tell him I said hello.
    Robert is fine. He is a good business man but more importantly just a good man period. I grew up kind of under his wing and have been working for him for over 20yrs, and I'm the newest employee! That should tell you something. I did most of the set-up on your 382, and actually have talked to you on the phone a few times in the past when Robert was not around.
    I didn't realize from reading your other posts that you were looking for a new boat (hence I suggested the slightly older prolines). Can't go wrong with any of the boats you mentioned above. If memory serves, the 6yr yammie warranty runs out at the end of this month, so keep that in mind. We sell quite a few on pontoons and are trying to close deals by the end of the month in order to get the extra warranty. Take care...........Dano

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fstboatlvr View Post
    Robert is fine. He is a good business man but more importantly just a good man period. I grew up kind of under his wing and have been working for him for over 20yrs, and I'm the newest employee! That should tell you something. I did most of the set-up on your 382, and actually have talked to you on the phone a few times in the past when Robert was not around.
    I didn't realize from reading your other posts that you were looking for a new boat (hence I suggested the slightly older prolines). Can't go wrong with any of the boats you mentioned above. If memory serves, the 6yr yammie warranty runs out at the end of this month, so keep that in mind. We sell quite a few on pontoons and are trying to close deals by the end of the month in order to get the extra warranty. Take care...........Dano
    the Dano name I remember!!! That 382 was awesome, hope you saw some of the alterations I did to it (new dash, added microwave, new motors, cockpit mods for speakers, etc).
    I actually prefer used CC's but can't seem to find anything I like that isn't well above "retail"....and I'm a cheap bastard!!!! I did come across a Scout that I like but it's 4 years old and cost what the new Sea Hunt sells for (different boats I know but still). a buddy went me a link for a Sea Pro that is priced OK (if they'll drop 10-15%) but it's 6 years old and not a perfect fit for my needs.