Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Exactly! Funny thing... How often do you see a fiberglass Fiat body next to an Eye-talian motorcyle.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

2. Collapse Details

A buddy that originally done some of my tank welding for me has a nostalgic 37 Topinilo that runs deep down in the 5's at like 130's with like a 1.20 60ft in the 1/8mi with a pretty nasty injected small block & its old school !!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    A buddy that originally done some of my tank welding for me has a nostalgic 37 Topinilo that runs deep down in the 5's at like 130's with like a 1.20 60ft in the 1/8mi with a pretty nasty injected small block & its old school !!
    Good eye! You hit the nail on the head with that one. The dude who contributed the injectors ran an Anglia Gasser and I think this was going to be his next project, before his big crash 5 years ago.

John's dad Mike ran a Toplino bodied funnycar as a "nostalgia" altered for a while with an 8-71 blown big block. Now that's my kinda beach cruiser!

4. Collapse Details

I have been pretty much out of drag racing for about 10 years now due to the fact that Its hard to get as much room in the "street car" for the family as I can a boat & its much cooler hanging out on.. But I wouldn't mind having a cool nostalgia car.. Heres about the only shot I have on this computor of a chopped up 33 plymouth sedan I done up a couple years ago just before dropping the 440 mopar in it , channeling the body over the frame, changing out the rearend & fabbing up a low budget redneck 4-link , Z'ing the rear frame section & dropping it down another few inches all the way around.. I didn't get to finish it due to the fact that my boat needed a drive & something had to go so it went over the pond to Iceland..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 33 plymoth traditional hot rod.JPG  
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 09-08-2009 at 03:05 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    I have been pretty much out of drag racing for about 10 years now due to the fact that Its hard to get as much room in the "street car" for the family as I can a boat & its much cooler hanging out on.. But I wouldn't mind having a cool nostalgia car.. Heres about the only shot I have on this computor of a chopped up 33 plymouth sedan I done up a couple years ago just before dropping the 440 mopar in it , channeling the body & dropping it down another few inches all the way around.. I didn't get to finish it due to the fact that my boat needed a drive & something had to go so it went over the pond to Iceland..
    Just don't call it a "rat rod!"

6. Collapse Details

Yeah I like the term "nostalgic" much better.. I can go "traditional" as well.. For the most part if its my own stuff I just don't have the time to make sure every little nit pickeyness is exactly "period correct" Doesn't meen I wont be nit pickey, just in my own way if that makes any sence !! Really just depends on the particular project..

7. Collapse Details

Here we go we have managed to jack up another thread & turn it into madness.. Well atleast its yours again this time..

So injectors huh are you going to put like twin honda v-tech's in there with some buddin-buddin tips out the back ?? I'm ready for some injected pics !!

8. Collapse Details

I just saw them for the first time in person yesterday. I have no idea why I didn't take a picture... John's calling Enderle as soon as he gets the chance so we can decide what we're really going to be dealing with...

We also need to figure out if they'll let us race with them or what I have to do to make them race legal. We're going to be popular at the dock when we have to squirt raw gas out of a bottle down the injectors to get it to start!
    Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 09-08-2009 at 05:33 PM.

9. Collapse Details

I can't wait to see how they look !! I can here people now at the docks "why are those crooked ?? You should fix that it looks bad"

Might even have to wear the old funny car masks..

10. Collapse Details

Yah, fuel the boat out of jugs with a big skull and x bones, wearing big rubber gloves, rubber aprons and old school funny car respirators...

At least we'll think were funny!

11. Collapse Details

Might need to upgrade the bilge blower system.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

12. Collapse Details

Also did some work on the 28 yesterday. Going to revise the back bolster into a low back bench like Mike's boat (so I can put a cover over it like FunHome's Saber), installed the kill switches and new trim indicator cable, made some parts to repair the trim indicator and started making the foot rests for the front seats. Oh yah, and mocked up the seat bases (conveting to sit down). Oh yah, also moved the grab handle on the throttleman's side. I'm going to put the trim switches down below it so I can operate them with my thumb while I'm still holding on. Plus I delivered a couch and got some free beer...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 001.jpg   Picture 002.jpg   Picture 006.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Anyone know what this is? I set my carb'd intake here and when I came back it was gone and this was sitting in it's place...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 003.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

I'm envious of the time you have

But I am glad that you are getting to do the things that have planned for both of them.

15. Collapse Details

I've got a good helper. I don't have much time, but when we do get to work on it, John and I crank stuff out. There is so much more I'd like to do, but I generally can only pick up a couple hours here and there. I know you know how it goes!

16. Collapse Details

Nice ... gonna be BadAzz ... keep the pics and updates comin' !!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb4 View Post
    Nice ... gonna be BadAzz ... keep the pics and updates comin' !!
    Thanks Mike! I actually just emailed John some pics of your bilge and told him that I wanted to use yours as a model for some of the re-rigging that we have to do!

18. Collapse Details

Glad to see you going ahead w/ your ideas!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Thanks Mike! I actually just emailed John some pics of your bilge and told him that I wanted to use yours as a model for some of the re-rigging that we have to do!
    Really looking forward to seeing both boats when completed! keep the progress pics coming for us Snowbirds!

20. Collapse Details

Great ideas! That lower rear bench will definitely make a huge difference going back to the old school race look.