Thread: Getting Ready

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking awesome...

Wish I were able to make it down.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member

Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

3. Collapse Details

Congrats Willy and Larry. You guys were obviously beyond ready. those guys had nothing for you. i expected nothing less. Its too bad you and others were DQ'd due to a technicality. I'll bet you'll be more selective about who you lend props to in the future.

Frank...Im disappointed in you. Please Tell me you didn't protest these guys.

4. Collapse Details

Give us the scoop Bruce. I haven't heard a thing.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

5. Collapse Details

WOW, thats the first i hear of that !

6. Collapse Details

Here is the story as I understand it.

Wild Card kicked ass! period. They lapped the almighty IMCO and would probably have lapped others if they didnt slow down at the end.

Willy lent Frank props to try during testing and the race. Typical of Willy. always helping out others.

apparently, after the race, there was alot of traffic at the cranes and no place to tie up. Wil asked the guy at the cranes if it was ok to put the boat on the trailer next to the crane until they could be weighed? he said yeah. Wil stayed with the boat for hours waiting to be teched. Every SVL did the same, except the activator. Even Gary ballough craned out on a crane with no scale, until he could be weighed with the other crane.

Well, Willy later finds out that all the VLs were DQ'd because they didnt weigh out properly and The Acticvator got the win. Will later found out from someone, that Frank was the one who protested them.

I should also point out, that Wild Card is the only true legal SVL according to the original SVL rules. No hot boxes, no hull extensions, original hull from the mold, sealed motor, sealed ECM.

Beacause of this, Willy will not be racing in Clearwater or KW. So there go your chances of a big VL turnout in KW.

Frank, i would have respected you more if you just told Willy he didnt follow protocol and you would have to protest him, instead of agreeing with him to his face and protesting him behind his back.

nice job

feel free to rebut, if this is not accurate

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    All I can say is Wow until I learn more......

8. Collapse Details

WOW...if that is thru, then yes..WOW !!!!
    but i also laped Imco..LOL just sayn ! hehehe

9. Collapse Details

Both Wil and Frank have been lurking on this forum in the last hour. I'm surprised that neither has stepped forward to provide some factual information.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    Both Wil and Frank have been lurking on this forum in the last hour. I'm surprised that neither has stepped forward to provide some factual information.

The info I got was directly from Wil. he will not dispute it. Hopefully, Frank will provide his input. Lets be clear, Frank may say he did not protest anyone. But that doesn't mean he didnt alert anyone of a potential infraction.

11. Collapse Details

The Sarasota newspaper shows this for the results of the class. All other classes had other boats listed in the order of finish.

Super Boat Vee Limited:

1. Absolutely Not.

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Everyone at the race knows who won! Wil sat with his boat for 3 hours waiting for tech before anything was mentioned to him by officials. I can't believe anyone would claim to accept the win and feel good about it after Larry and Wil's performance.
    Ryan Beckley

13. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Bruce,

You have most of the story right except, I didnt protest anyone and never have. Willie called me and that was the first I heard of it. I called John in front of Willie and told John Willie beat us and to let it go. He got short with me on the phone and said it wasnt my descision and I hung up. At this point they were still in the trailer discussing it and a ruling hadnt been made yet. I dont know if or who told willie it was ok to trailer out and wait, I wasnt there. But I believe knowing Willie he did ask.

Just spoke to Willie today and told him the same thing. I am not sure who said I protested, but I just spoke to John and he confimed that it was an offical call by the rule book and also that it is not an infraction that a racer can protest. I was the first to disagree with the ruling when Willie told me. It sucks and shouldnt of happened. We had a great race and we were happy with the 3rd place. We are very much aware that Willie and Phantom beat us straight up.

You talk about Willie lending me props, yes he did, and I thanked him for it. Matter of fact it was the props he lent you as they were still in the boxes you mailed them back in. But I see we are not talking about all the things I have done or tried to do for him and many other racers. Its a two way street and I am always there to help anyone I can. Say what you want about the DQ , but know I had nothing to do with it , like I said earlier it isnt even something as a racer you can protest.

This is all that I am going to say on this matter. I know I did nothing to bring this on and if ANYONE has any questions or concerns of the ruling they need to pick up the phone and call John to get the facts straight from him. But will anyone do this? No, you would rather post on the boards without the having the full story and blame it on someone else. I am sorry to hear that Willie will not be racing the rest of the season due to this unfortunate turn of events. We were looking forward to having a great competitive season.

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    frank , youre actually racing , dont allow the opinion of non racers get to you . its just talk ,
    The true winners know who they are , as do you since you were THERE lol . Nice job on 3rd place this early into a new class ,

15. Collapse Details

I have looked in the rulebook....

can someone please direct to me where in the rule book it specifically states a boat must remain in the water until craned out. And/or under no circumstances may a boat, that is required to be weighed out, be trailered out prior to being weighed out.

I know Willy and Larry pretty well. They have run under the strictest rules for the class. And I find it hard to believe, knowing post race rules, that they would trailer out, without getting clearance from an official. The boat remained at the crane until weighed. Its not like they went home and took out a whole bunch of weight and came back.

Frank, if what you are saying is true, I oplogize. However, I find it difficult to believe that before speaking with you, and telling you he trailered out, Willy was told by Rich D. that they should not go anywhere, and that they will be teched. and....all of the sudden, everything changed and no one teched him because Rich D. was alerted of a possible infraction. Now, who else could have alerted him, being that you were the only one that knew at that time?

Willy was told by two people, one of which, was at the cranes working for SBI, that you were the one that had a problem with that.

And just to acknowledge...yes you have helped Willy with certain things for this race. And maybe you didnt tell anyone.

The fact still remains, these guys were treated like red headed step children. Outsiders. No phone calls no nothing. They sat around for hours waiting for some kind of decision. And no one ...I mean no one, had the respect to advise them as to what happened, and why. Im pretty sure if this happened to me, the outcome may have been different.

16. Collapse Details

17. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=SVL66;555169] Now, who else could have alerted him, being that you were the only one that knew at that time?

I really dont want to get into this since its not my class and usually nobody listens to me anyways ...BUT

i have to say that frank could not have known at that time , since he waited on the far left side of the ramp right infront of me untill everybody was gone due to all the travic at the crane and ramp ! Just saying ...

AND NO, i am not taking sides and do think this is not cool either !

But i also heard in the driversmeeting that day that Rich D informed everybody, that since there are new teams around to make shure to get weight before going anywhere and it would be theyr own fault if they dont and would get last place ! Since its not the inspectors job to make shure that they weigh in !
    There is a bunch of stuff going on , and not just in that class taht i would not agree with ..THAT beeing said , I RACE BECAUSE I LOVE IT and not because anybody tells me to do this or that or win or loose !

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    The Sarasota newspaper shows this for the results of the class. All other classes had other boats listed in the order of finish.

Super Boat Vee Limited:

1. Absolutely Not.
    All results from the paper, I haven't seen anything oficial yet.

RESULTS BY CLASS

Manufacturer Production 1:

1. Fountain Talladega; 2. Sheds Plus

Manufacturer Production 2:

1. Hawaiian Tropic; 2. Zip Express; 3. Team Muscle.

Manufacturer Production 3:

1. Pump It; 2. Time Bandit.

Manufacturer Production 4:

1. Team Velocity; 2. National Guard; 3. Dare Devil.

Super Boat Stock:

1. Risk; 2. Talbot Excavating; 3. BP Motorsports.

Super Boat Vee Limited:

1. Absolutely Not.

Super Cat:

1. LoriblueFastboats.com; 2. Team Stihl; 3. Warpaint.

Super Vee Unlimited:

1. Instigator.

Super Boat Vee Extreme:

1. Geico Caveman.

Super Cat Unlimited:

1. Cintron Liquid Energy.

Turbine:

1. Miss Geico.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    I have looked in the rulebook....

can someone please direct to me where in the rule book it specifically states a boat must remain in the water until craned out. And/or under no circumstances may a boat, that is required to be weighed out, be trailered out prior to being weighed out.....

I'm fairly certain that you can crane out and wait according to the rules, you just cannot open the hatch under any circumstances.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I'm fairly certain that you can crane out and wait according to the rules, you just cannot open the hatch under any circumstances.
    Paul, i am not 100% shure but what happend here, i think is they left the crane area due to traffic and went to the pit area..then later back to the crane !?
    And i dont think that is allowed because ( not saying anybody did ) but u can add or take out weight at that moment in the pits since nobody is there to check that !