Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Wow that looks like it may be on then..? Opa's site does not have it on the schedule ?? I will see what I can find out..

2. Collapse Details

I don't think it's happening because it isn't on any of the SBI/OSS/OPA schedules.

3. Collapse Details

I just shot an email to Travis from the Pirate crew.. He will know the full scoop..

4. Collapse Details

Been pretty busy this weekend & actually forgot which thread we were talking about the race..(that may be more of just getting older than anything) Anyways I heard back from Travis & its definalty off, which I don't have to tell you really sucks !! But the poker run is the next weekend so I may try to make it down there for that, time permiting..

5. Collapse Details

poker run is the weekend after that (24th) so I still have a little time. I've got a 4 day weekend between here and there so we'll see.

6. Collapse Details

All the parts are back from powdercoat & mounted up.. Wiring harness is in & mouted up on the engine (however I still have to wire it in.) The ignition box is also mounted as is the coil.. Supercharger is mounted up.. Crank accesory pulley finally arrived & with a little tweaking all my belts are finally lined up to where I want them.. The Jabsco has a new impellor & is mounted up, also the p/s pump.. The alternator is on & lower mount all fabbed up (although I do have to pull it back off & take it to the alternator pimps of town)

Anways it is moving along.. Here is a quikie shot from the cell phone taken a few nights ago.. The belts along with a couple other items are on there mearly for mockup.. Before somebody asks if I really plan on running zip-tied belts, or just a regular ole curburator on er..

I've been attempting to work on it as much as I can between life happening.. Long story short last week my buddy who was getting my powdercoat work done for me by another friend of ours had his house catch fire last monday night.. Along with his wife & two small kids he got out ok & only suffered some minor smoke inhalation due to him trying his best to put it out.. Along with the million other things he lost was a Super Slick big supercharged power mustang cobra he has had & been building on for 10 years.. I was in the process of doing some work on it when the fire happened (to bad it was a fairly small part that unbolted so it was the only part at the shop) He also lost a nice 88gt that he has had since he was 17, along with an average early 90's driver F150.. Worst part of the vehicles is that those only had liability coverage.. Out of his other 2 vehicles with full coverage only one was minorly damaged.. It really breaks my heart b/c he's a True hottrodder, just a regular do-it-yourself dude who has busted his butt & labored not only for but on every cool toy he has ever had !! His exact words to me on the Cobra was "It was the car I always wanted but never could afford"

Despite his world temporarily being torn apart & several coversations from me telling him not to worry about my parts, he still managed to get them back from the powdercoater on schedule & I finished up final buffing on his rear spoiler that he will not be using for a while today.. Good part is he is a man of charactor that realizes things could have been allot worse & he's relentlesly ready to start over..

Here is a shot of progress & a couple shots in memory..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 511 mock up sc.jpg   kkb.jpg   kka.JPG  

7. Collapse Details

Scotty, that motor is looking great!!

But, from your recant, I can't help but to feel bad for your buddy.
    Very sorry to hear that, and I guess that to have him and his family safe and unharmed, well, that's what really counts.
    Stuff can be replaced.
    Family first - the stuff will come and go, It always does.
    I'm just glad they made it out safe.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

8. Collapse Details

Scotty, as I said in my other message, what happened to your buddy sucks. I'm really sorry to see that. Seems like too many people have had sh-tty things happen to them, and although it's only a slim consolation for him, as Tim said, at least everyone's still breathing.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

9. Collapse Details

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope they can get everything back together. Some homeowners insurance will cover more things than you think.

10. Collapse Details

Thanks Tim, its slowly getting there..

Yeah I hear you guys it really sucks for anybody to have to go through something like that but glad the "real" irreplacibles are still around & well !! As I said he's a great guy & a hotrodder at heart and understands that it will definatly be a long uphill battle & challange no doubt.. but as said "things" can & will be replaced.. We've all either been through crap, are currently going through crap, or will eventually go though crap at some point in our life b/c Nobodys exempt.. So I guess its how we handle & play the cards we're delt that counts..

11. Collapse Details

Obviously not been updating much.. I've had allot going on in several areas & not gotten a chance to get out in the garage here at home much in the past couple weeks.. Been busy just not on the boat.. However I have managed to find time to pretty much finish up (alteast for now) my semi-retro cherokee over the weekend that I've been working on & driving for a little while.. Its just not everyday you see a lowered, satin black, woodied with a set of vintage steelies 4dr cherokee running around. (maybe for a good reason) haha..

Anyways I did get out in the garage for a bit tonight & got my accessory belts all sized up & ready to stop by the parts store tomorrow to get those taken care of.. Also finished up some fine tunning port work on my remote oil filter adaptor sometime last week..

That leads me up to one of the coolest thing I've witnessed in a while : I got a call this morning from my buddy who (mentioned above) lost his house & vehicles in a fire a little less than a month ago.. Long story short he got home from church sunday morning & there was a nice black low milage 94 Cobra sitting in the driveway of the house they are staying at with a typed out note sitting in the drivers seat telling him that the keys are under the floormat along with the clear title thats signed over to him !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kile new mustang.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

WOW!! How freaking cool is that?!!
    That's an incredibly nice gift by the person/people that were involved.
    After being through what he's been through with the house and loss, to have someone(s) do something that nice would set me to tears, and also give me a little more faith in my fellow man.

You know, I've said for a long time, as a general rule, I hate people.
    I've always said that, because I'm very selective about those that I hold close. I don't have a lot of friends, but those that are my friends know that they can count on me for whatever help they need.
    I'm not biased on race, religion, politics, education level, nationality, location... just in general, I hate people.

I've begun to realize over the past year or so, that there are a lot of people that I interact with on a regular basis, and they are amazing people. I'm proud to be surrounded by some of the people that I have now, that I consider my friends.

It's just too bad that they are spread so far across the country, or in some cases the globe.
    Why do I feel like singing the song and "buying the world a Coke"...

Sorry to sidetrack/hijack, that's just what I do - for the record, Scotty hijacked his own thread

13. Collapse Details

Here you go since I don't have any updated boat pics & havn't been on here much latley.. Heres a not so exciting shot of the out of the box remote filter adaptor & then two of it in its finish ported, ready to go & flow state it will be used in.. (the second shot makes the flow into the outer fitting appear distorted, as does the 3rd pic with the inner fitting but its the angle of the shots as you can see in the both pics.) Point is the oil flow is smooth & completely un-interupted now..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01242.JPG   remote filter adaptor port.jpg   remote filter adaptor port.1jpg.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Here's a quickie shot of the jeep.. Its nothing to special but its paid for & runs like a champ !! I still have to make some upper & lower mouldings to seperate the woodgrain & the black, but that will come in due time..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ragoneer.2jpg.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    WOW!! How freaking cool is that?!!
    That's an incredibly nice gift by the person/people that were involved.
    After being through what he's been through with the house and loss, to have someone(s) do something that nice would set me to tears, and also give me a little more faith in my fellow man.

You know, I've said for a long time, as a general rule, I hate people.
    I've always said that, because I'm very selective about those that I hold close. I don't have a lot of friends, but those that are my friends know that they can count on me for whatever help they need.
    I'm not biased on race, religion, politics, education level, nationality, location... just in general, I hate people.

I've begun to realize over the past year or so, that there are a lot of people that I interact with on a regular basis, and they are amazing people. I'm proud to be surrounded by some of the people that I have now, that I consider my friends.

It's just too bad that they are spread so far across the country, or in some cases the globe.
    Why do I feel like singing the song and "buying the world a Coke"...

Sorry to sidetrack/hijack, that's just what I do - for the record, Scotty hijacked his own thread

Very well put Tim !!

Btw: You never have to worry about hijacking one of my threads b/c as you said my threads are like a few others they are always subject to head in many directions at any given time !!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Here you go since I don't have any updated boat pics & havn't been on here much latley.. Heres a not so exciting shot of the out of the box remote filter adaptor & then two of it in its finish ported, ready to go & flow state it will be used in.. (the second shot makes the flow into the outer fitting appear distorted, as does the 3rd pic with the inner fitting but its the angle of the shots as you can see in the both pics.) Point is the oil flow is smooth & completely un-interupted now..
    You just can't leave anything alone, can you?
    Always have to tweak it a little bit.
    You must've been a chronic masturbater in your early teens

Just kidding bud, you just amaze me with the time and work you put into some of these things.
    I can't wait to see this project completed.

17. Collapse Details

He must still be in his "early teens"... Ha ha ha!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

18. Collapse Details

I somehow missed Tim's last post.. You guys arn't right on many levels !! But on a seriouse note: Who wasn't chronic??
    Last edited by LittleDcsRodShop; 11-06-2009 at 12:37 AM.

19. Collapse Details

So I stopped on the way home from the shop to pick up my p/s, raw wtr. pump & Alt. belts today & I actually got to come home with 2 of them.. I'm picking the other up sometime tomorrow.. B/c I just can't be running a grean belt.. I know what you guys would think "the redenck is running a friking garden hose through a superchager barcket & up to the power steering pump !!" "sad part is it took him 2 weeks to come up with that crap !!"

20. Collapse Details

Not much going on lately besides attempting to keep the boat out of the classifieds & not sure how well I'm succeding at that..

Anyways I managed to get some time in on the drive today.. Long story short last time I hade the Pantera out I must have hit some of our good lake trash b/c I noticed a small nick in the leading edge of one of the skegs.. (about half a pencil eraser sized) I got it welded up a while back & then ground it down & smoothed it out nicely so I could refinish it.. Anyways I drug it out yesterday evening then pulled the lower off today & got it in primer.. I posted a before primer shot so you redneck's didn't think this redneck just filled it with body filler !! haha..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XR ITS Saber.jpg   XR ITS Saber primer.jpg