Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    i always liked that style of strake where they are linear front to back and dont follow the hardchine. Is there a name for that? Its similar to the Ocke boats and Cougars. What is the intended effect of those over tradirtional ones? Thanks
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    i always liked that style of strake where they are linear front to back and dont follow the hardchine. Is there a name for that? Its similar to the Ocke boats and Cougars. What is the intended effect of those over tradirtional ones? Thanks
    Originally they wrapped them around in an effort to knock the water and spray down,The mentality was to get it quickly before it came over the boat ,but as the the Stem rake increased it was a mute point.

Bertram ran them with the Keel and water flow, The mentality is to always drive it straight when it reenters the water.

I did a 45 Footer for fat Lenard (Don Smith has it now) and my friend Anglo was involved in that straight Strakes as well ,we Both were from the Haggerty school so to say.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

steve, i really like the trip setup on the vid that steve #2 has on his post and might you introduce steve 2 ?
    huh?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    I was under the impression it helps tracking when turning the boat and the traditional way wants to push the nose away from the turn or something like that? I was lead to believe that's why Fountain changed the strakes on later designs?

Steve, If Pantera is using a different bottom, what happened to the T-4 mold?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    I was under the impression it helps tracking when turning the boat and the traditional way wants to push the nose away from the turn or something like that? I was lead to believe that's why Fountain changed the strakes on later designs?

Steve, If Pantera is using a different bottom, what happened to the T-4 mold?
    T-4 That is coming up.

The early "Tin" CUV's had no Strakes at all and ran fine, I worked with a old racer Davy Wilson he had a lot of stories and Knew Mr Shead. Then Sammy James Director of Bertram racing he had hours of conversation on it they even drilled a zillion holes in the bottom and did frame by frame 16MM film analyzation, I was told the deck was in a wind tunnel as well.

anyway then while doing a 55 footer for Mr Codomo I got to work with "The Cloud" who ran the Loft at Chris Craft when they were in Pompano back in the day and the the Drawings for Cary among other things truly brilliant guy and a disciple of boat design again the Lift strip/Spray rail combo which is the way he laid out that boat and what I did on that project.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

6. Collapse Details

This is from some of our CAD and what Pantera has But with a 2010 Bottom.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    This is from some of our CAD and what Pantera has But with a 2010 Bottom.

thats a cool screenshot . . . . couldnt you move the cursor out of the way?
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    T-4 That is coming up..
    Not sure I follow, is there revived interest in the project?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Not sure I follow, is there revived interest in the project?
    No Sir Pantera has the molds, I was referring to the T-4 story from 04.

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    Can you post the next 2 frames......

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    Can you post the next 2 frames......
    I am going through Mega piles of Photos now Thank you for visiting this thread.

12. Collapse Details

All that work/attention to detail, millions of dollars, and then it all came to a stop because of the Apache rights.

Steve, do you know why Thad did'nt just keep going and market the boat under a different name?

I look forward to reading the Cheetah thread when you have the time.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LotoSteve View Post
    All that work/attention to detail, millions of dollars, and then it all came to a stop because of the Apache rights.

Steve, do you know why Thad did'nt just keep going and market the boat under a different name?

I look forward to reading the Cheetah thread when you have the time.
    With the Lawsuits and beating he was getting personally on the Boating sites He dropped out of sight. Speaking for myself I am glad to have worked for him and have nothing but respect for his family. He pulled me off to the side in the middle of this and said we would do a 500 K one off boat in the future.

Thad if you are reading this have Pepe pull a 41 for you to play in. Best Regards Boss from myself and family.

And thank you for taking the time to read this.

14. Collapse Details

More Fairing going on here, SP Made Awlfair for the Awlgrip people in those days so I had common source.

15. Collapse Details

Don't know what it takes to make a thread a sticky, but IMHO this one should have that status

16. Collapse Details

I hate to sound like an idiot but afraid it is too late for that, but is that pic real?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    I hate to sound like an idiot but afraid it is too late for that, but is that pic real?
    Which one?

18. Collapse Details

post 282

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    post 282
    No Sir that is something Steve 2 did a while back.

20. Collapse Details

While I look for more Lamination pictures here is some of Steve 2's work Warpath 2003.