Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    Bruceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,

After the anaconda gets done with our beast, it will be all down hill from there.

Schleussberg is toast!

Wil
    i hate saying this Will , but you better aim a lot higher than schluessss burg for your return,,,lolol

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    i hate saying this Will , but you better aim a lot higher than schluessss burg for your return,,,lolol
    And let's see.?????? Who is the Top Dog this year????? Hmmmmmm??????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Mad Dog did throttle the winning boat in Sarasota.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Mad Dog did throttle the winning boat in Sarasota.
    yes it was a very nice jesture of bruce,, to let him sit in a winning boat again,

5. Collapse Details

First I just want to thank everyone who has emailed or called me over the last week. I have learned soon much about the different organizations, different classes and the people involved. I have learned that the SVL group is the closest group of competitors and the craziest people on the course are the P5 racers.
    We are still trying to figure out which class we are going to try in run in next year. We are going to key west to learn as much as we can before jumping in.

I had just one last question. I have heard from many people that things are changing for next year, so with that said, when do the 2010 schedules come out for each organization? The location of the races will have a big factor for us and where we plan on racing.

Thanks again for all your help!
    Don

6. Collapse Details

Hopefully the schedules will be out soon after Key West.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritime_eng View Post
    the SVL group is the closest group of competitors
    I agree

the craziest people on the course are the P5 racers.

Why do you say that?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I agree

Why do you say that?
    Why? Becasue I talked to at least ten different racers from SVL, SS, SC, SV and P1/P2 and everyone said they same thing. The most fun races to watch are the P5 guys becasue they are out there in an open canpoy boat, in smaller boats running in big water and running as hard as they can.

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Why? Becasue I talked to at least ten different racers from SVL, SS, SC, SV and P1/P2 and everyone said they same thing. The most fun races to watch are the P5 guys becasue they are out there in an open canpoy boat, in smaller boats running in big water and running as hard as they can.
    I think the P5 OPA guys are great. And the most competitive racers. But, I raced it only twice. In a Canopy boat at that.

The craziest I think.... SV Opa guys. In the last two years, they have had more spinouts, barrel rolls, and "almosts" than any other group I think....

I can't imagine what that class would be like with 8 or 10 boats in it......

Fun to watch already, that's for sure....

10. Collapse Details

maritime, if you ever want to drive in an svl, let me know! and maybe we can get a few boats together in sarasota i could bring an svl for you to drive,,,and maybe dd could bring his p-5 and maybe mr beckley could bring his ss outboard and then that might help you make your choice, just a thought,

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    maritime, if you ever want to drive in an svl, let me know! and maybe we can get a few boats together in sarasota i could bring an svl for you to drive,,,and maybe dd could bring his p-5 and maybe mr beckley could bring his ss outboard and then that might help you make your choice, just a thought,
    Its a P4 ,,,but no problem.......then we just may wip your @$$ in my boat .LOL

12. Collapse Details

Thank you for the offer and I would love to take you up on that some time. We are really looking to get into a canopied boat for safety. Are any of the SVL boats going to Key West?

Yes I am still up in the air right now on what to do. If more SVL races were in the southern part of the US I think I would go that way. But as I look at the 2009 schedule for OSS I would only be able to make two maybe three of the races due to may work schedule. In an ideal world I would like to be able to race where I would only have to drive 10 to 12 hours for each race......

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    Thank you for the offer and I would love to take you up on that some time. We are really looking to get into a canopied boat for safety. Are any of the SVL boats going to Key West?

Yes I am still up in the air right now on what to do. If more SVL races were in the southern part of the US I think I would go that way. But as I look at the 2009 schedule for OSS I would only be able to make two maybe three of the races due to may work schedule. In an ideal world I would like to be able to race where I would only have to drive 10 to 12 hours for each race......
    SBI has SVL,,,they only need to show up !?!
    But open boats are safe too,,,,atleast u don't get hit by a windshield or drown. ( spelling may be wrong ) LOL

PS ,,i think 2 SVL's are going to be in KW ,,maybe more ??? But i know of 2 !

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I've talked with a lot of racers and ex-racers. If you and your wife are both gonna be in the boat racing, a canopy boat is all I've ever been recommended. They are just safer than a non-canopy at the exact same speeds.

I'm somewhat surprised you are not considering an outboard cat more than SVL by looking at your avatar and reading about your diesel outboards developement.....

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I've talked with a lot of racers and ex-racers. If you and your wife are both gonna be in the boat racing, a canopy boat is all I've ever been recommended. They are just safer than a non-canopy at the exact same speeds.

I'm somewhat surprised you are not considering an outboard cat more than SVL by looking at your avatar and reading about your diesel outboards developement.....
    Yes my Father or My wife will be in the boat depending on schedules so the only way I would do this is with a canopied boat.

Don't get me wrong. I think the Cat outboard class is a great class and I would love to run with them but I just don't think that I will have time/money to be able to be competitive. But I am still looking into it.....

And as much as I would love to run our diesel outboards they are more geared for the comercial and military applications. And the racing for me is going to be away to get away from work for a weekend to have some fun.

16. Collapse Details

i would say that sbi has a bigger part of their schedule is the south east,, and opa is mostley in the north east and oss does a little more traveling,, but i would wait untill all org,s put out an offical schedule after the worlds, i think we all will see a mix up of sites in all org,s, this year,,,,,and maybe some new announcements might come out that will influance your racing.,,

17. Collapse Details

i would say that sbi has a bigger part of their schedule is the south east,, and opa is mostley in the north east and oss does a little more traveling,, but i would wait untill all org,s put out an offical schedule after the worlds, i think we all will see a mix up of sites in all org,s, this year,,,,,and maybe some new announcements might come out that will influance your racing.,,
    That is good to hear. Where are you based out of?

18. Collapse Details

SBI
    1323 20th Terrace, Key West, Fl. 33040

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    SBI
    1323 20th Terrace, Key West, Fl. 33040
    I'm sorry I was trying to say where is the Imco SVL team based out of? I need to work on that....

20. Collapse Details

George IMCO lives about an hour north of Tampa.