Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

There are several Hackercrafts at Smith Mountain Lake in SW VA where we boat a lot, as well as several other wooden boats.

About 2 seasons ago, a gentleman just purchased his 3rd (new) Hackercraft, and they were out on their maiden voyage. As so I heard after, they popped off a water fitting, and the boat slowly began filling with water. Since it was brand new, they did not really know how the boat should "feel", and they barrel rolled the brand new boat making a long sweeping turn. They were all OK, but it basically just rolled right over when the water in the hull moved toward the outside of the turn.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    Cool old boat!
    lots of work , the exhaust exits straight out the back and no mufflers.
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

always loved them. there is a nice 18 foot cc at my cottage names captains gig.

4. Collapse Details
    Wink
    I have a 1960 16 ft Century resoter that is in the process of restoration and this spring i will be giving her a new 5200 non soak bottom .

5. Collapse Details

Have a 1941 17' double cockpit cris-craft barrel back that I have been restoring for about 10 years. Bottom and sides done. Original Hercules flathead still runs.
    I can never get any time to finish it up.

6. Collapse Details

We had to build everything but a Wealthy uncle would buy the Showboat off the floor at the beach show his last one was a Cavalier and in the Garage he had a Cobra with Cadillac power That was a cool boat.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

7. Collapse Details

Best Buddy here in Norcal owns the stancraft 29' torpedo "Tomahawk" with the 550 Ilmor that is for sale on the stancraft website. Best Tahoe i have ever been on. Beautiful boats

8. Collapse Details
    1000 Islands - Sportin' a Woody!
    1964 Chris Craft Super Sport purchased 12 years ago with 210 hours - all original 327F Corvette engine - yummy ski boat and flat water runner tops out at 54 and now has 405 hours on it.

1960 20' Lyman that was a virtual shell of a boat before complete resto. Has a rebuilt Crusader with so much torque it actually rocks the boat when neutral throttling and you have to shift your weight to keep it running even steven at WOT. One of the scariest overpowered woodies out there...unbelievable fun but with 4 kids it is for sale asking $19k after $40k+ spent...show quality varnish and ribs etc. Tops out just under 50.

If anybody finds themselves near the St. Lawrence in the 1000 Islands the Antique Boat Musuem is a must see. http://www.abm.org/ And a few very qualified wooden restorers in area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000143.JPG   P1000144.JPG   P1000146.JPG  

THROWBACK

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    We had to build everything but a Wealthy uncle would buy the Showboat off the floor at the beach show his last one was a Cavalier and in the Garage he had a Cobra with Cadillac power That was a cool boat.
    A Cobra? Now yer talking, for one of those I might get back into a woodie

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bootdaddy View Post

If anybody finds themselves near the St. Lawrence in the 1000 Islands the Antique Boat Musuem is a must see. http://www.abm.org/ And a few very qualified wooden restorers in area.
    Pardon Me has got to be one of the all time greatest wood boats ever built. To anyone has never been to Clayton you need to see that boat in person it is unbelieveable. Thanks for the link

11. Collapse Details

I have a 1960 16' Century Resorter with a 350 mag. The boat rips and will still do 180's!

12. Collapse Details

There's a local company here that will build you a new one. I think they're beautiful...I'll get one to tinker with some day.

http://www.portageboatworks.com/index.html

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TIKI View Post
    There's a local company here that will build you a new one. I think they're beautiful...I'll get one to tinker with some day.

http://www.portageboatworks.com/index.html
    With the Material we have nowadays you can also have a Composite Hull and deck that looks exactly like a Wood Boat!
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

14. Collapse Details

my cousin was 5 or 6 woodys. from 16' to 36' ish. acording to him, thay are easyer to maintain then a fiberglass boat. but he dose not work on them. pays to have all the work done to them.

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

15. Collapse Details

There was a company a few years back at the L.A. boat show that had 24' all wood boats, retro built. The price on them were like 40-50k. I thought that was pretty reasonable. I don't think the build quality was up to the level of the guys that built Ellways boat, stancracft or portage boat works but still cool for a decent price. I don't remember who the builder was though.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    Pardon Me has got to be one of the all time greatest wood boats ever built. To anyone has never been to Clayton you need to see that boat in person it is unbelieveable. Thanks for the link
    It's a cool but weird ride. There is so much torque from the single prop that it leans to one side when running. Add to that a second guy is needed above the transmission to shift. And the Packard sounds sweeeet.

17. Collapse Details

i picked this one up 3 years ago and restored it... i got the boat for 3,000
    and ony have about 900 into it,, the rest was all labor
    but its a great party boat 1961 23 ft sea skiff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chris craft.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

I also remember my grandmother's 50 foot wooden Christ Craft cruiser she had when I was a kid. My dad was constantly doing work to maintain and upkeep that. But what a beautiful boat with all the teak and mahogany on it. Too bad she sold it, the next owner abused it and hit a concrete warf cracking several stringers.. Resold it not telling the new owner who subsequently had it sink on him from the damage... A real shame.

19. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Elways boat is fantastic. That article was sweet with great photos. Stancraft uses our stuff quite a bit
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

20. Collapse Details

heres my idea of a wood boat.......Laughterbach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lauterbach%25202%2520seater.jpg