Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
Since I'm a 38 Scarab guy, I'll toss in my thoughts. I like cleaner graphics, so of course the flames aren't my cup of tea. The Miami Vice thing is way over and done UNLESS a particular boat has direct ties to the show or is TRULY a rare KV correctly restored just leave that out of an ad. I also assumed that the motors were in process. I'm probably the poster boy for going anywhere (yep, even Home Depot) to find correct hardware. My standards are engineering standards and cost rather than name brand bling, UNLESS that name brand equipment serves a very necessary function. I like strong, corrosion resistant, functional, decent looking items that are reasonably priced and off the shelf where possible. Interestingly I've been thinking about hot water heater hose from my thermostat housings to my exhaust manifolds. I really welcome any comments on that as I'm under the impression that the higher pressure, hot water braided rated stainless steel hose may be appropriate for this use; of course I've headed off in silly directions before, so again, whaddya think?
I think that some of it comes down to the make and type of boat. I had one set of standards when I restored a Wellcraft and a Chris Craft, and another set when I restored an Apache.
On the Apache, I "skimped" on nothing. No offense to Wellcraft and Chris Craft. I would own them again.
And I would not go overboard on everything again, too.