Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Anyway... I am suddenly struck by the depth and breadth of this hijack and am hoping that somebody has some more donor hull ideas before we piss somebody off.

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ROGUE View Post
    http://sandusky.craigslist.org/boa/2539816695.html

Dont know anything about it but could look.
    I was looking at this ,last night ,,my wife walked by ,,stoped and said
    ABSOLUTLY NOT,,, but it,s still tempting,,trying to figure where to put it ,,
    Jimmy !!! how big is your new yard,?
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    I was looking at this ,last night ,,my wife walked by ,,stoped and said
    ABSOLUTLY NOT,,,
    Sounds Familiar........
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

If there was a trailer I would be dragging it down Route 2 by noon.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

6. Collapse Details

That Scarab is an excellent candidate.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Any new finds?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Any new finds?
    That 07 Sonic is the best bet so far but I think its a bit spendy for all whats missing. Was entertaining one of those ex Navy Seal boats but Im thinking they are pretty heavy from what I understand and the Kevlar is a biatch to work around/cut etc Was a 34' Scarab III in Ontario but think its also way too much for a 25+ year old hull that needs a complete rebuild inside and out.

I dont expect to find the "perfect" boat but it has to be something I can work with for a reasonable price.

Keep the leads coming I am sure I will find the right one soon.....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xerophobic View Post
    That 07 Sonic is the best bet so far but I think its a bit spendy for all whats missing. Was entertaining one of those ex Navy Seal boats but Im thinking they are pretty heavy from what I understand and the Kevlar is a biatch to work around/cut etc Was a 34' Scarab III in Ontario but think its also way too much for a 25+ year old hull that needs a complete rebuild inside and out.

I dont expect to find the "perfect" boat but it has to be something I can work with for a reasonable price.

Keep the leads coming I am sure I will find the right one soon.....
    if i where u i would buy this and maybe sell what u have or kinda change good for bad...if anything bad in this one !!!!

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...ad.php?t=20150

or this one ..........

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/2566325260.html

10. Collapse Details

I'd seen that Scarab III before, nice boat, may be worth another look.

Anything in Florida is interesting but truthfully its something like 3500-4000 miles away so its a major road trip to say the least. Im not saying I wouldnt do it, cause i am a bit crazy that way, but that Midnite is maybe a bit big and no trailer means im hauling a trailer both ways.

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Speaking of location. Where do you mostly boat? I've driven from Winnipeg to Calgary a long time ago. Seems like there was almost nothing then.....

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Keep an eye on the EBay - Craigslist thread too. I throw stuff in there that seems reasonable or has some other characteristic.

13. Collapse Details

I'd seen that Scarab III before, nice boat, may be worth another look.

Anything in Florida is interesting but truthfully its something like 3500-4000 miles away so its a major road trip to say the least. Im not saying I wouldnt do it, cause i am a bit crazy that way, but that Midnite is maybe a bit big and no trailer means im hauling a trailer both ways.
    the trailer under the Midnight is for sale aswell by the same guy in Clearwater.
    I can only tell u its an awsome boat ...dont know the condition of this one ..but a 37 Midnight flat deck is SUPER..kinda like an Apache or old CIG !

14. Collapse Details

Speaking of location. Where do you mostly boat? I've driven from Winnipeg to Calgary a long time ago. Seems like there was almost nothing then.....
    I mostly boat in 3-12" of water! I typically riverboat in my aluminum jetboat but Im missing the social lake boat scene so I am going to get this dormant Scarab project ready hopefully for next season and use it in the BC interior. The Shuswap Lake system and surroundings. You're right there isnt much around for lakes out here but we do have some killer rivers, which are AWESOME for this kinda thing......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eagle17Xsport.JPG   17Sport.jpg   DSCF1761r.JPG  

IMG00254-20110702-1212r.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Sweet.....

I'm from Oregon, ran the Snake, Rogue, Sandy, Salmon, etc......

Keep thinking about getting a 20' plus Eagle Sprint to drive people nuts out here who've never seen one. There are a schitpot full of minidams you could go right over.......

Have you got shots of goping over the rapids in the background of your pic?

16. Collapse Details

Sweet.....

I'm from Oregon, ran the Snake, Rogue, Sandy, Salmon, etc......

Keep thinking about getting a 20' plus Eagle Sprint to drive people nuts out here who've never seen one. There are a schitpot full of minidams you could go right over.......

Have you got shots of goping over the rapids in the background of your pic?
    Ive raced in Canada and the Salmon a few times but mostly just back country boat. Its addicting for sure. Type my nickname into youtube and you will see a fair bit of what you normally "wouldnt" do in a boat lol (certainly not one with a prop anyway)

I worked at Outlaw Eagle for a few years when I first came out here, Im from Toronto origionally so am pretty familiar with having a zilllion lakes nearby. Where is this ebay/craigs thread you mentioned? Cant find it with search

Ive been up that rapid in the pic ten times or more and the one in the distance too, which is considerably harder. In fact the day that pic was taken was the first time we DIDNT make it up the next one when trying, bit scary bit we came out of it without sinking....barely

Haha never a boring moment riverboating.....

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    ebay and craigslist thread in the bar.

I put up stuff that seems odd, good deals, or who knows what in there.

On new posts it should show up on the page. I added some last night

18. Collapse Details

Just got off the phone with my boatin buddy from MI, he went and looked at that Sonic hull for me. Seems like the ad is "slightly" misleading and that hull has barely a lick of hardware on it. Few thru hulls and some cleats but even the louvers pictured are only on one side! No deck hatches, no cabin trim/doors/hatches etc Still a good hull to rig clean but alot of money in missing hardware on that one. The upholstery thats done is completely throw away.

Also looking at a few 38 hulls but not sure what they would be like with Bravos and low HP 454's untill motor upgrades could be done. How much HP can one put thru a TRS?

19. Collapse Details

I saw an olf Formula in the local Marina near me earlier this week. Its a 30 footer with no motors or drives. stoped and took a quick peek and it looked fairly complete interior and rigging. also had trim Merc trim tabs. Its also on a trailer. Dealer had closed for the day so I didn't get a price. Boat looked like it was probably from the early eightys. If you are interested I can run by and find our more and take pictures. Don

20. Collapse Details

Just got off the phone with my boatin buddy from MI, he went and looked at that Sonic hull for me. Seems like the ad is "slightly" misleading and that hull has barely a lick of hardware on it. Few thru hulls and some cleats but even the louvers pictured are only on one side! No deck hatches, no cabin trim/doors/hatches etc Still a good hull to rig clean but alot of money in missing hardware on that one. The upholstery thats done is completely throw away.

Also looking at a few 38 hulls but not sure what they would be like with Bravos and low HP 454's untill motor upgrades could be done. How much HP can one put thru a TRS?
    I seen as much as 800 on a trs.but in a heavy boat i say 600-650 max !

a 38 , well back when a 454 330 was new..thats all they had, 50+ MPH but in everything and like a caddy ! Bravos..i would not go that route in a 38 IMCO's maybe yes but TRS or older SSM ..100%