Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Rick did i shrink 6 inchs and were not talking about we willie. The throttle postion is pretty good at wide open my arm is almost straight out and when i pull back its at a nice bent position.It looks worse in the picture then it really is.
    Last edited by p-f-e; 12-14-2010 at 08:44 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Everything looks great.. As far as the throttles go it appears you have to push them up as you push them forward.. My initial thought is that won't be very comfortable..

Carry on ..
    The Bat Boat was that way....

Rick got a couple nice blisters in St Clair from it last year......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Rick, I had my Throttle in the same position as you have yours now. I have to agree with Mobilcam that your arm will fatigue in a race with that set up. I had a harder time keeping it WOT when racing in the big and heavy chop. Every time the boat lands or slams down so does your arm. A straight forward and back motion with a arm rest for support works great. Just some thoughts. It is a cool project.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Rick, I had my Throttle in the same position as you have yours now. I have to agree with Mobilcam that your arm will fatigue in a race with that set up. I had a harder time keeping it WOT when racing in the big and heavy chop. Every time the boat lands or slams down so does your arm. A straight forward and back motion with a arm rest for support works great. Just some thoughts. It is a cool project.
    MD
    Thanks Randy for the input. I'll look closer at the arm/throttle angle tonight.

5. Collapse Details

Project is on hold for a little while. I jumped off the side of the boat striking my left elbow on the boat next to me. After 4 weeks if pain that would wake me up at night I finally went to see the Doctor. Seems I tore the tendon off the back of my arm and cracked my humerus (sp?) in the ball socket area.

So I tore apart mt bathroom last weekend..

6. Collapse Details

Heal up, speedy recovery to ya!

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    Project is on hold for a little while. I jumped off the side of the boat striking my left elbow on the boat next to me. After 4 weeks if pain that would wake me up at night I finally went to see the Doctor. Seems I tore the tendon off the back of my arm and cracked my humerus (sp?) in the ball socket area.

Well that just sucks bud......

Get well real soon....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member, Competitor Cookee's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post

Any better yet?

9. Collapse Details

All the above mock up parts were not used and once again I made another throttle box.. (I Think it's my 6th) To flatten out the push. So it's a forward push, not an upward.

All parts were made from 3/4 Marine wood that was glued, screwed and glassed together on the inside. The outside I'11 just covered it with 1.5oz Matte cloth so I can sand and finish it later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remove - 156.jpg   Remove - 157.jpg   Remove - 158.jpg  

Remove - 159.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Once all the parts were built and dry they were sanded up than screwed, body worked and glassed to each other making a nice once piece center counsel / rear foot rest.

The cables and wiring will run down the inside of the tunnel, into the foot rest than up front keep a nice clean look on the inside of the boat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remove - 161.jpg   Remove - 162.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

The seat base, throttle box/counsel and rear foot rest were attached to the boat with strips of 1708 cloth Than every thing was covered with 1.5oz matte cloth.

It's a little "thick" in some areas but I guess I'll have to address that with a sander once its time to finish paint the inside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remove - 163.jpg   Remove - 164.jpg   Remove - 165.jpg  

Remove - 166.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Wow! You are far more talented than I expected. Seriously that is awesome.

13. Collapse Details

great job
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

14. Collapse Details

Nice! ! !

15. Collapse Details

I remember you talking about this awhile back, you knew you chit! I knew you could pull it off then! Great work!!

16. Collapse Details

Looks great, how much weight is all this wood gonna add to the boat??

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Looks great, how much weight is all this wood gonna add to the boat??
    To be honest I worry the hell about that.. I look at the part I'm making, if it needs to be strong, really strong or just cosmetic and build with that in mind.

The seat bases have 3" holes cut in them, the cockpit fuel tank access panels are made from 1/4 with a sheet of 1708 to keep the weight down..

The center counsel / foot rest only weighed in at 11lbs I think, the floor panel with the plate under it for the bolts tipped the scale at 14/15lbs.

The F-16 Canopy I cut off was in excess of 200lbs, but the new one going on so far is 160lbs..

I just need to be weight conscious on every part that I make / install.

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    better get going the flower pot may get in the water first!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    better get going the flower pot may get in the water first!
    Not unless there is a flood.

20. Collapse Details

Why did you use heavy wood instead of lighter materials?