Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1296
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Just who are you guys trying to kid?? There is SVL TV this season, I know one of the producers and he sent me this unedited behind the scenes footage of you guys heading for Florida today...

If we see a pile of dirt in a small town!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4m...ext=1&index=29

2. Collapse Details

[THREAD HIJACK *ON*]

I won't have a tape measure in SIB, but I will be helping with the safety inspections. I would appreciate if someone could point me to the afore mentioned team with the free food and schwag, t-shirts etc.

Thank you.
    Carry on.

[THREAD HIJACK *OFF*]
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Please,please, please find anywhere where I asked Mike or Steve to resign. Again more bad info!!!!!!
    Why is it a conflict if I am on the OSS board. I have nothing to do with Georges case.
    Why is it when I wasnt on the board you slammed me for not doing my part and just racing and now I am trying to help on the board and you think I should resign. Which is it I should do? And of course with honor.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    [THREAD HIJACK *ON*]

I won't have a tape measure in SIB, but I will be helping with the safety inspections. I would appreciate if someone could point me to the afore mentioned team with the free food and schwag, t-shirts etc.

Thank you.
    Carry on.

[THREAD HIJACK *OFF*]
    Mix in a little Miami Vice when were getting close just for Stinson

Maybe so cold malt beverage, rarely food. If we pass safety maybe a T-shirt

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Please,please, please find anywhere where I asked Mike or Steve to resign. Again more bad info!!!!!!
    Why is it a conflict if I am on the OSS board. I have nothing to do with Georges case.
    Why is it when I wasnt on the board you slammed me for not doing my part and just racing and now I am trying to help on the board and you think I should resign. Which is it I should do? And of course with honor.
    Would you please just quit your whining. Good grief.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post

Randy

Again you miss the point, If you have a stake in the outcome you leave the room, not resign! This is common at BOD meetings.

Before you said the boat is not chopped and channeled and you were mislead.
    I take exception to that.
    The pictures clearly show it was chopped.
    Do you agree?
    The boat has a 8' 6" beam if it is narrower it was channeled. Do you agree?
    Steve

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    Randy

Again you miss the point, If you have a stake in the outcome you leave the room, not resign! This is common at BOD meetings.

Before you said the boat is not chopped and channeled and you were mislead.
    I take exception to that.
    The pictures clearly show it was chopped.
    Do you agree?
    The boat has a 8' 6" beam if it is narrower it was channeled. Do you agree?
    Steve
    I know this question is not for me , but

If u chop a boat u lose beam,,,just a fact ..so even if chopped and not 8.6 it does not need to be channeled !! Oh,,,but i am stupid..sorry
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 06-08-2010 at 08:15 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Could u all just give this hole thing a rest ???

Its getting childish for business people like u to keep on bashing down your own class...LOL

I mean..what ever just funny.....

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    I would take old race boats ( all models) , sink them in Key West, develop an underwater boat cemetery, that will be a great dive site,,
    http://www.opacity.us/site55_staten_..._graveyard.htm,
    Especially for those living in the past.
    Maybe some drivers will invest into new boats, and we can create a great dive site.
    Last edited by Diver & Driver; 06-09-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: requested

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver & Driver View Post
    I would take all the old phantom SLV boats , sink them in Key West, develop an underwater phantom cemetery, that will be a great dive site,,.
    This is what they all can do , including the Extreme's after they ruined this class with this thread ...hahahaha

11. Collapse Details

In Cumberland I did receive clarification from Mike T that it is in fact acceptable to wear a thong in the hot pits. So we are good to go Randy! Blahaha

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    In Cumberland I did receive clarification from Mike T that it is in fact acceptable to wear a thong in the hot pits. So we are good to go Randy! Blahaha
    Randy in a thong in Miami...

Hope my hotel room doesn't overlook the pits.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

13. Collapse Details

As a manufacturer, this thread has certainly opened my eyes. The possibility of this new SVL making it through production is diminishing ever so fast. I've made a few requests for a rule book on the class and have had no response. So again, I will ask. Where, how and when can I get a set of rules relating to SVL as they are written today? Also how will any and all involved with SVL be kept abreast of any changes to the rules in the future.

Concerning the Fountain, they are not idiots. The race boat clearly has less freeboard if that 33' in fact was the mold to build the race boat. Who is going to protest? Veteran racers in the class have clearly admitted changing their own boats 'as designed' configurations. I'm sure these changes took place long before the knowledge of a new Fountain coming on the scene. Looks to me that the purpose of the changes were to outrun your competitor running the same hull in a spec class. In the racing world this is better known as cheating.

New boats to any class have always dominated. Throughout my racing years when this would happen a proposal to make changes to an older hull or engine were sent in by the racers for review. Not until a decision to 'allow changes' was made on that review, were you to modify anything.

I do need the info on the rules for this year and the intentions of the class for next year in order to move forward with the SVL.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    TO get back to the picture..i think its a 35 shown next to the svl..not a 33 ?!

Here is a 33 and i think the hight in the back and side is pretty damn close if u ask me ?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 33 fountain.jpg   svl f 1.jpg   svl f 4.jpg  

Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 06-08-2010 at 10:55 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    As a manufacturer, this thread has certainly opened my eyes. The possibility of this new SVL making it through production is diminishing ever so fast. I've made a few requests for a rule book on the class and have had no response. So again, I will ask. Where, how and when can I get a set of rules relating to SVL as they are written today? Also how will any and all involved with SVL be kept abreast of any changes to the rules in the future.

Concerning the Fountain, they are not idiots. The race boat clearly has less freeboard if that 33' in fact was the mold to build the race boat. Who is going to protest? Veteran racers in the class have clearly admitted changing their own boats 'as designed' configurations. I'm sure these changes took place long before the knowledge of a new Fountain coming on the scene. Looks to me that the purpose of the changes were to outrun your competitor running the same hull in a spec class. In the racing world this is better known as cheating.

New boats to any class have always dominated. Throughout my racing years when this would happen a proposal to make changes to an older hull or engine were sent in by the racers for review. Not until a decision to 'allow changes' was made on that review, were you to modify anything.

I do need the info on the rules for this year and the intentions of the class for next year in order to move forward with the SVL.
    I agree 100%.....

17. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver & Driver View Post
    I would take all the old phantom SLV boats , sink them in Key West, develop an underwater phantom cemetery, that will be a great dive site,,
    http://www.opacity.us/site55_staten_..._graveyard.htm,
    Especially for those living in the past.

Maybe some drivers will invest into new boats that are more attractive to spectators and the media,and at the same time we can create a great dive site, for those drivers that want to spend time measuring everyone hulls for the next decade.
    =======================
    Great idea,,,,,,

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    TO get back to the picture..i think its a 35 shown next to the svl..not a 33 ?!

Here is a 33 and i think the hight in the back and side is pretty damn close if u ask me ?!
    That's a single step boat.
    Steve

19. Collapse Details

Unless you make SVL a Vintage Racing class, there is nothing that can be done to keep any new hull out because of all the unapproved modifications done to the past fleet. Sounds to me new rules need to be written ASAP and enforced or because of the success of the class it will be destroyed by Fountains, Outerlimits, Buzzi and Ocke's. However, if SVL does go to P1 hp/lbs rules it will be over anyway because the hull should not be a factor.

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Dean...I agree....thats were this is getting confusing to me...
    I hear it will be a power to weight ratio class 30 feet and under a lid...
    with no hull modifacations...but boats already have been make modifications...
    then I hear it will be 525 and Vortec..
    To me...the question is...
    Is this going to be a power to weight ratio class..or a spec class with the choise of the 525 or Vortec...no mods to the hull....