Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Jeff , yes they are, and very fast at that . Jeff , Skater's are triple digit boats 100..........Plus Jeff , i hope you know that you just opened the door for this idiot ...... ha ha ha ha ha
    I just droppd the drive in tonight with a couple of buddies. So I had a couple of beers, Game ON!!! All in fun of course.
    Last edited by jeffswav; 04-10-2010 at 07:30 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    I just droppd the drive in tonight with a couple of buddies. So I had a couple of beers, Game ON!!! On in fun of course.
    So what are your plans in the future for dropping the ole girl in the water -ETA ?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    So what are your plans in the future for dropping the ole girl in the water -ETA ?
    I told the wife we could drop it in on Sunday, minus some of the interior and unfinished vents. Only problem is it is our 10yr aniversary. I will let you know how that works out.

4. Collapse Details

I told the wife we could drop it in on Sunday, minus some of the interior and unfinished vents. Only problem is it is our 10yr aniversary. I will let you know how that works out.
    jeff , i know that you are a little younger then me and not trying to sound like mom & dad but ....... my wife and i just did are 30 plus anversary and to tell you the truth it has been a really great ride and i can not think of any body i would ever want to share all those years with , Wife , Best friend and the list goes on . Jeff the boat will always be there for another day , enjoy your anversary with your best Bud ( wife ) and take care. HAPPY ANVERSARY !

5. Collapse Details

What difference does it make about the size of the engine compartment? Its all about CFM, HP, CI, you should take a look at the Spectre kits so you can realize what I am trying to do. Ram Air is not a new concept, TA, GTO, Shelby, the new tuner cars, list goes on. A lot of boats have hatch scoops, so are those useless also. Artie is contriversial at times but he does know what he is talking about. I do not agree with the name calling, but you Daredevil need to do a little more research. Maybe someday you will finish a race and maybe win won someday if you listen and keep a open mind. I am not a profesional but I have learned a lot over the years and a lot of boats gain speed just by cracking the hatch a couple of inches.

6. Collapse Details

OK, I have great news!! The wife says if I can get the boat running on the muffs by noon we can take it out for a RUN!!!

7. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    OK, I have great news!! The wife says if I can get the boat running on the muffs by noon we can take it out for a RUN!!!
    Man, you lucky! I think I will get my engine back next week sometime. filled with marine kinetics goodies. anyways I have to make final assy of all the junk on the front and stuff. think i have all the gaskets and such that i need but im sure i will hit a snag. the river is high and the docks are not out at the ramps until may 1 so i think i am screwed for an early run. cant wait to see what she does after i get her jetted and tuned.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Just a little side note, i was NATIONAL & Florida CHAMPION 2008 ,,so please don't even start with things u hear from others,,,us racers always bust each others balls,,did my engine break a lot ,,hell yes..but i still got some 1st place trophys sitting here. + i am racing and rebuilding my stuff on a $0 budget !!!!

Anyhow,,,good luck with your test and i know what you are trying to do, but i still say u slow down.
    No way u will force more air in YOUR engine then it uses, if so u will blow it up... valvetrain,and other stuff will just not take all that air.
    Why do u think blower engines are build with 7-8 :1 static compression ?
    I also hope,,if u have a carb engine ,,that u spend some money on wats called a blow thru carb...they use them on pro charger kits to keep them working with forced air !
    If u have efi,,,it will never work because your computer will not read correct .
    Again,,what do i know..

Any how,,i just sit back and watch u play,,,good luck..and maybe the fiberglass guy can build u some valves after yours are bend !!!!

By the way,,,i know all this because i did not finish races...think abou it !!!

Your turn..lol
    I have a Holley MPI kit with laptop programable PCM and wideband control. The TB is billit alluminum 1000cfm with the standard size opening. My cr is 8.9 to 1 and I have a RMbuilder cam, lifters, springs ect...

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    I just droppd the drive in tonight with a couple of buddies. So I had a couple of beers, Game ON!!! On in fun of course.
    When sombody starts name calling,,it is not funny anymore !!!

But , oh well..i know who said it!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Hey, Daredevil. What sort of actually testing have you done on Ram Air? You seem to always have somthing to say about everything but never talk about details about the facts. Although you always talk about knowing the facts. If you do not have anything positive to post here don't bother.

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Hey, Daredevil. What sort of actually testing have you done on Ram Air? You seem to always have somthing to say about everything but never talk about details about the facts. Although you always talk about knowing the facts. If you do not have anything positive to post here don't bother.
    About 10-15 posts back,,i told u what i think of it and that i have expirienced the effect on a to much air scoop.

So what is it that u want to know ??? Will it work ? , NO ...why ? , way to much air !!!!!!!!!!!

What do u wanna hear ? , Great ,,good job ..WOW, nice,best i have ever seen and so on..well , then i am sorry to have bortherd u, because i don't lie !!!!

And like said before, post some results......oh, just think about how much air @ WOT your engine CAN handle,,and then messure your scoop @ 50 MPH i bet u are already way over the limit......why i would bet that , because i have been there and pressurized my enginecompartment even with vents so bad that i had oil moist pushing thru a 3/4 inch pipe (drain pipe) all the way from the rear bulkhead to the front drain about 25 feet forward of the engine.

But hey,,more power to ya......maybe that fiberglasser knows engines and airflow as well ?????? haha