1. Collapse Details
    Big news from out west...San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!!
    Lake Racer LLC is in the works of putting together what is sure to be one of the biggest and best poker runs in the nation. With years of experience putting on what is arguably the best poker run in the nation (Desert Storm in Lake Havasu, Arizona), Jim and crew are feverishly working on the first annual Bay Fair Storm Poker Run.

With the overwhelming success, continued growth and national recognition (even in the current economic climate), the Desert Storm Poker Run has never wavered or faltered. It is that commitment to success and enthusiasm that brings you Bay Fair Storm 2010.

Bay Fair has a long tradition of drawing high performance boat racing fans to the Beautiful Mission Bay, located in San Diego, Ca. With competition brought to fans by the Super Stock Racing Series, American Boat Racing Assoc., National Powerboat Assoc., Unlimited Light Hydroplane Assoc., Super Boat International and Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Assoc, it is sure to be a full weekend of high-powered, high excitement racing.

Mission bay in Beautiful San Diego, sets the perfect location for racing and even better location for poker running! With Mission Bay just north of San Diego Bay, the area is a prime location for a poker run.

Itinerary is set as follows:

Thursday Sept. 19th, arrival and boat show.
    Friday Sept. 20th, lunch and fun run.
    Saturday Sept. 21st, parade lap in Mission Bay prior to races then onto the first annual Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!
    Sunday Sept. 22nd, parade lap in Mission Bay

Host hotel will be Paradise Point Hotel on Vacation Island.

If you enjoy the format and events of Desert Storm Poker Run, you’re going to love the Bay Fair Storm Poker Run. Hope to see all of you there.

Many more details to follow. Look for more information at the 2010 Desert Storm Poker Run (April 22nd –25th) and at the L.A. Boat Show (Feb. 19th – 21st) and visit www.lakeracerllc.com.

http://sandiegobayfair.org/main.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pmG...layer_embedded
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BAYFAIR-POSTER.jpg  
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

2. Collapse Details

The Bayfair race has been pretty cool in the past. Great venue. Nice to see the Poker Run guys coming to join the party.

pat W
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    This isn't taking the place of the SCOPE poker run though, right Tank?

I was talking the other night about some of us coming out for SCOPE this year, if everyone can make it work

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    This isn't taking the place of the SCOPE poker run though, right Tank?

I was talking the other night about some of us coming out for SCOPE this year, if everyone can make it work
    No.....

Unfortunately it looks like they are on the same weekend.....
    check out SCOPEinfo.com for more info.
    The SCOPE poker run is back in Long Beach Sept 17&18 .
    Tom

5. Collapse Details

That sucks that it is the same weekend. would have liked to have gone to both.

6. Collapse Details

Why would they make them the same weekend?? Sounds fun in SD. I hope they do the big event in my backyard again this year on the Delta the Big Cat poker run is a good time

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by detail toyz View Post
    Why would they make them the same weekend?? Sounds fun in SD. I hope they do the big event in my backyard again this year on the Delta the Big Cat poker run is a good time
    Jim has been making plans to join efforts with the San Diego Bay Fair event since last year. The dates are set in stone.

SCOPE likes to use the docking space in front of the yardhouse that is cleared out the weeks prior for the Long Beach Boat show. They could have moved the dates up a weekend but they felt it falls too close to labor day. Oh well, life in the big city.

Pick your poisen I guess.

And by the way, I did hear Big Cat was on again for this year.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

8. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Tank;442851]

SCOPE likes to use the docking space in front of the yardhouse that is cleared out the weeks prior for the Long Beach Boat show. They could have moved the dates up a weekend but they felt it falls too close to labor day.

The Long Beach Boat show is the weekend prior, and then the weekend before that Is Labor Day.....that is why it is on the 18th & 19th.....
    Tom

9. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Hot for Teacher;443196]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

SCOPE likes to use the docking space in front of the yardhouse that is cleared out the weeks prior for the Long Beach Boat show. They could have moved the dates up a weekend but they felt it falls too close to labor day.

The Long Beach Boat show is the weekend prior, and then the weekend before that Is Labor Day.....that is why it is on the 18th & 19th.....
    Exactly. I knew it was something along those lines.

By the way, the dates listed above in the text are wrong (dates on the flyer are correct). The correct dates for Bay Fair Storm are:

9-16-10
    9-17-10
    9-18-10
    9-19-10

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Jim has been making plans to join efforts with the San Diego Bay Fair event since last year. The dates are set in stone.

SCOPE likes to use the docking space in front of the yardhouse that is cleared out the weeks prior for the Long Beach Boat show. They could have moved the dates up a weekend but they felt it falls too close to labor day. Oh well, life in the big city.

Pick your poisen I guess.

And by the way, I did hear Big Cat was on again for this year.
    Thats great to hear about Big Cat. Lets make that another top notch PR here on the west coast!! The east cant have it all!!

Tank- do you know the dates maybe for the Big Cat?

Thanks Chad

11. Collapse Details

The Scope site has it posted as 8/7 for Big Cat

12. Collapse Details

More great news coming from the Bay Fair Storm Poker Run....The event is shaping up to be EPIC!!

As some of you’ve heard, Lake Racer LLC and Teague Custom Marine, the same combo that brings you the Desert Storm Poker Run, have been invited to be part of one of the biggest boat-racing events around. With a 44-year history, the San Diego Bay Fair looks forward to adding another great format to their already extremely successful weekend; The 2010 Bay Fair Storm Poker Run. With tons of action including Unlimited Hydros, Hydro lights, Offshore Racing, Grand National Racing and cracker box boat racing, a poker run is a natural fit.

As part of the poker run course, we’ll participate in the opening ceremonies of Saturday and Sunday’s events, where the great poker run teams will participate and run some parade laps in front of some 300,000 people that attend annually!

Starting off the event on Thursday, we have an arrival gathering and boat show, showing off our super hardware. Friday morning, poker runners will launch at near by marinas and get situated at the host Hotel, the Paradise Point Resort and Spa, right on Vacation Island.
    Paradise Point Resort has graciously offered discount packages that run from $169.00 a night for rooms close to the water and $375.00 a night right on the water next to the beautiful cove beach. There you will be able to park your boat only steps from your room! (Check it out, www.Paradisepoint.com for more info.)

Friday afternoon, we’re planning a fun run into San Diego Harbor, touring some of the great site and historic spots, such as the awesome spectacle that is some of the U.S. Navy fleet, including the U.S.S. Ronald Regan aircraft carrier that calls San Diego Harbor home. With a stop for drinks (for passengers only), snacks and fun at the famed Coronado Yacht Club, the day’s events are sure to be memorable!

Saturday after the parade lap in Mission Bay (right on the Unlimited Hydro Race Course) participants will take off for a little 30 mile offshore jaunt to Oceanside Harbor! We arrive just in time for their Harbor day celebration! Plans are in the works for a fun party on the beach, just behind the Harbor docks, where we’ll tie up for a few hours, listen to music, have some refreshments and swap stories.

Then it’s back to Mission Bay to catch the super racing action and later that evening an under the stars party with fireworks over Mission Bay!

Sunday, we’ll again participate in the opening ceremonies and then raft up and watch another cool day of racing before getting back on the trailers and off to home ports.

Please put Sept 16th thru 19th on your calendars for this must-not-miss event in beautiful San Diego; the first annual San Diego Bay Fair Storm Poker Run!!

13. Collapse Details

Seeing how I can't do DS this year I'm all over this one. With the SCOPE run date change I now have two great ocean poker runs to go to.

The run up to Oceanside should be a lot of fun and the raft ups sound like a blast. Can't wait!

14. Collapse Details

SCOPE was able to change their poker run dates to AUG 27-28....

Better for all participants, sponsors and spectators for both events.....

Looking forward to Both events....See you there....
    Tom

15. Collapse Details
    A Great Time Was Had by All!
    Thumbs up
    Beautiful, weather, beautiful venue, beautiful boats and oh yes beautiful women! These are some of the reasons Raylar is in San Diego! We like it here! If anybody asks when I am going to leave, let me see, a pine box comes to mind!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar