Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

we used to empty a shotgun shell's powder into an ash tray, then someone would put there cig out and whooosh blue flame, this also worked with bomb ejector carts in the USAF . (we had a lot of three fingered guys)
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

Hanna/ Barberra cartoons. Sure do miss those. The 70's sure were a good time. BB even kept his jammies.. Now THAT is saying something!
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    The Justice League
    ________

4. Collapse Details

Used to love the Norelco commercials with the Santa on the shaver going down the mountain....

5. Collapse Details

Hanna Barbera rules, and Scooby looks better than Dick Clark for his age
    Run until it sounds expensive

6. Collapse Details

So whatever happened to "Acid Rescue"?
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

7. Collapse Details

What was Acid Rescue?

8. Collapse Details

What she said
    Run until it sounds expensive

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    you had your stingray and you cut forks off another old bike, hammered them onto your forks and you had a chopper bike, banana seat sissy bar and all. ..
    Too funny. If you used your older sisters bike with the bigger tires you would get longer forks. Some times when you did a wheelie the forks would fall off and you would go head over heels.

10. Collapse Details

I remember when I was little, getting a "Varooooom" for Christmas. It was made out of plastic and looked like a motorcycle motor. It clamped into your frame and had a push button on the handle bars and it woud make varoooom sounds. Batteries didn't last long, but if you put the batteries in the charger early enough they would be charged by the next morning.

11. Collapse Details

Speaking about motorcycles. Remember the Honda 50 mini trail. Would fold up the handle bars, dad would throw it in the trunk on its side. We would go riding on 287 in NJ when it was under constuction. Would cost about 11 cents to fill it up. Of course you would have to turn the handle on the pump at Sonoco because it was always on "280".

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Apache View Post
    What was Acid Rescue?

In 1969 at WoodStock they said not to take the 'Brown Acid'.

They said it was bad......
    ....Just between you and me........
    .......it was NOT bad at all!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Remember when you had to pull the tape out of a 8 track and snap it like a shade to tighten up the tape. If you had a Craig Powerplay and Jensen 6x9 Tri-axial Speakers, you had it going on. Of course you always had to have a match book around to wedge under the wore out tapes to make them sound right. That was when the stricker was on the front of the match book, you could fold the match in half and you could light the match while it was still in the book. Some times you were so cool the whole book would go off and you would burn your hand.

14. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I remember when I was little, getting a "Varooooom" for Christmas. It was made out of plastic and looked like a motorcycle motor. It clamped into your frame and had a push button on the handle bars and it woud make varoooom sounds. Batteries didn't last long, but if you put the batteries in the charger early enough they would be charged by the next morning.
    lol....had one.

15. Collapse Details

I had playing cards clothespined in the spokes....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I had playing cards clothespined in the spokes....
    Yea,we did that also. I remember we we got bright colored plastic stripes that would go over the spokes. This year I bought some battery powereed LED christmas lights and wire tied them to my girls bikes. Every day they couldn't wait for it to get dark out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5284.jpg   IMG_5289.jpg   IMG_5290.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Plus I remember when the first airing of MTV.
    I remember the first music videos I saw was on HBO to fill in the time between movies.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    can't say as I know that one but we did bumper hitch ( shag) cars all winter.

The big leagues was shaggin the public transit busses because once you got a mitt full of rear bumper and the buss took off, you were slidin blind until the buss stopped again. Sewer covers and pot holes could be a real biotch
    And sometimes when you fell off your glove would still be stuck. Then you would have to go home and get another one.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    And Hot wheels tracks.
    Yes, at first it was just a plastis clamp that would clamp to a table (or shelf for a longer track). Hot wheels were like a twin step on a matchbox car. Speaking of matchbox cars. I remember getting a matchbox race track that had a spring loop in the middle of the track. You would pull out the front screw and attach a plastic pin that would stick in the spring. Real POS, loud and slow but still wore it out.

20. Collapse Details

Pixie Stix rocked! And the little wax bottles with basically colored sugar water in them?. Loved those too. Remember when you could get a shovel and a pail for the sandbox that were actually some form of metal? I'll never forget my cousin whacking me in the head with one of those.

I loved my Big Wheel, rode over a pair of my glasses when they fell off once. Mom was NOT happy about that.

Did you ever ride on the lawnmower with your dad? And no one said anything? I remember my dad traveled a lot for work and so my mom did the lawn mowing sometimes. Once I was sick, and I fell asleep riding on the lawn mower with her. She opened the back door of the car, laid me on the seat and went back to mowing. (I was about 5 by the way) I am sure someone would have a cow about that now. When she was done she realized that my glasses had fallen off in the yard somewhere. We were living in an old farm house that had two outbuildings, two huge pear trees, a ginormous apple tree and a grape arbour. Talk about a search! She managed to find them, and it one piece at that. I had a really hard time with my glasses for the first several years.
    Last edited by Ange; 01-18-2010 at 02:47 PM.