Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

n my book, all cats are the same, so non-issue.

what the fug is that supposed to mean.
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

Just don't do the Peruvian Flute Band gig

3. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    This is going to require me to move to KW.
    (Bobcat - can I get some sofa space until I get my project off the ground??)

I hate radio and media this time of year - you can't get away from Christmas stuff.
    But, every year, it's the same damn thing. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Gary "Ho Ho" Hoey... While it's kind of cool, it's still the same damn thing every year.
    These guys are making a living touring for like a month and a half a year, doing the same gig every year. And doing the same radio interviews every year.

So, here's my plan:
    Buy a steel drum, and learn to play Christmas songs on it. (Com'on who doesn't love the sound of a steel drum).
    Grow my hair back out so I look like Jeff Spicoli again, and be a beach bum.
    Record and sell the record's with a couple rasta guys playing percussion - and tour and do radio interviews.
    It's so simple it could work.
    What do you think?
    I maybe should have just posted this in the PUI thread...
    LOL! Maybe you can get the Cat guy to lease you some space in Mallory Square.

4. Collapse Details

That's just what Key West needs- another unemployed beggar.

One of my favorites is "Bronze Statue man". The guy that stands in Mallory and doesn't move or blink. He stood there for hours on Sunday and his cash box had about $10 in it. I would think two hours at the local McD's would be easier.

Do they have a school down there that teaches people how to make parrots out of palm fronds?

5. Collapse Details

registered
    I hate bronze guy...he's creepy. I mean, you're just standing there, drinkin' some beer, enjoyin' the sunest, catching a boat race, and he's there...he's lookin' at ya in an unnerving kind of way, what's he thinking?. Makes you want to just push him over and kick him in the nuts.

6. Collapse Details

there was a silver guy also , I think he robbed one of the banks a couple yrs back
    Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    I hate bronze guy...he's creepy. I mean, you're just standing there, drinkin' some beer, enjoyin' the sunest, catching a boat race, and he's there...he's lookin' at ya in an unnerving kind of way, what's he thinking?. Makes you want to just push him over and kick him in the nuts.

8. Collapse Details

He is wondering if anybody has pics of Erin?
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

9. Collapse Details

The dirty panhandlers are the one's that get me. It's kinda funny though- I like giving them the look like " I dare you to ask me for money". One guy got halfway through and gave up -said "nevermind".

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    If you're going for the island thing with a rasta band, I think the dog you need is a Komondor. What other dog comes with dreads?
    one lives down the street from me, it has hair over it eyes!! it cant see!

11. Collapse Details

He's better than the Burger King guy, running around putting his hands in peoples pockets
    Run until it sounds expensive

12. Collapse Details

registered
    Bad King...every time I see that sleezy king guy, I can't help but think of Fred.

13. Collapse Details

There was a Fat Elvis in KW for a long time that I didn't see this past year.

The Wizard was the ol' drunk on the bike with the purple wizard hat that I didn't see this past year either.

14. Collapse Details

last time I saw the bronze and sliver guy they were pretending to wrench on bycicles. A few years back there was some dude who played buckets as drums, he was actully really good at it.

15. Collapse Details

registered
    Drum guy's cool.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    That guy is something else. Wonder if Siegfried & Roy have seen is show?
    Key West is an interesting place. But I don't think I could live there.

17. Collapse Details

The drum guy was there this year- way down Duval. After you've seen it once, it's just a guy banging on plaster buckets.

As far as living in KW, it's probably like Vegas or LA or anywhere else. If you live in Vegas, you probably rarely if ever go to the Strip. I did and I didn't.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The drum guy was there this year- way down Duval. After you've seen it once, it's just a guy banging on plaster buckets.

As far as living in KW, it's probably like Vegas or LA or anywhere else. If you live in Vegas, you probably rarely if ever go to the Strip. I did and I didn't.
    You got that right, everyone that comes down to visit wants to go to Key West, do Duval, Mallory Square, Southern most point, Jimmy............ after a couple years we just give people the keys to the car and say "let us know how it was".
    Run until it sounds expensive

19. Collapse Details

every week has something going on, so you pick and choose which things you go to. I think the pirates are here this week, I go to 2-3 different bars and that is about it. it is all about being on the water as much as possible.
    Parabellum FJ²B

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    You got that right, everyone that comes down to visit wants to go to Key West, do Duval, Mallory Square, Southern most point, Jimmy............ after a couple years we just give people the keys to the car and say "let us know how it was".
    I get to drive the S? Sweet! I'll even fill'er back up for you!