1. Collapse Details
    Hey T2X I found a TON of old race videos Online
    Rich, check this out;

http://boatmad.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=86

Seems in class 3 that there are a lot of boats similar to your wing plus there is a lot of videos of races in the 70's you know when you were merely in your 50's.

Did you still have hair back then or did the Oklahoma National Guard have you cut it?

Very interesting,

GL
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=1262460498

2. Collapse Details

What a great find!!!

3. Collapse Details

I think I remember Rich being pleased as punch the last time someone built a website with his poached vids.

This one has been around for years- and likely the source of the internet version of the "magic throttle arm" Apache vid they have posted.

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I think I remember Rich being pleased as punch the last time someone built a website with his poached vids.

This one has been around for years- and likely the source of the internet version of the "magic throttle arm" Apache vid they have posted.
    I don't see too much of our stuff...but I did enjoy "Crazy Outboard racing in France"...... especially where they interviewed GLH about his secret "Tiger in the tank".

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The boats that look like Wings are the early Buzzi cats...which, unlike the wing, are true catamarans and not 4 point hydros.

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    I don't see too much of our stuff...but I did enjoy "Crazy Outboard racing in France"...... especially where they interviewed GLH about his secret "Tiger in the tank".

T2x
    Is that what those little blue pills are for???
    Those outboards are more versatile than I originally thought!

Watched the Round Britain 2008 Video last night, it is put together great and a blast to watch 10 legs of roughly 150-225 miles 10 days in a row, it's an hour and a half long.

Quite the challenge and old school racing.
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=1262460498

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    The boats that look like Wings are the early Buzzi cats...which, unlike the wing, are true catamarans and not 4 point hydros.

T2x
    I looked at some of the other footage and see that the other "wing" look a likes are the early outboard Cougars designed by James Beard and Clive Curtis. This was when they were also building outboard tunnel boats for the OPC races in Europe and the US.

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense