Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Well, we are Custom Painters. we specialized in Offshore Powerboats for over 10 years, but we can paint almost anything, (as long as its Cool)..

Call us even if you just want a Graphic Design for your next paint project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grafikworx-Postcard.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

copiers, fax. printers, networks, scanners, mulifunction, color,wide format
    sales, service, supplies serving the west coast of Florida for over 20 years
    authorized dealer for many manufacturers

3. Collapse Details
    Tips in a Down Market
    I'm really glad this thread was started. I came across this article today and thought I'd share it here!

"In a tough financial market where every industry is feeling the financial pinch the best thing you can do for your sales is customer relations. If your industry is suffering a slow down in this market than now is the time to take that extra time and put your best customer relationship foot forward. Customer relations are vital in any market but especially now in difficult times like now. Make the extra effort to engage with your customer base, especially with all your previous customers.
    A personal touch can go a long way to building a strong bond with your customers especially in difficult times. Make those phone calls to see how they are doing with their business and let them know you were thinking about them and as prior customers they will get your priority if they need assistance. Don’t email either make the phone calls, they go so much farther than an auto responder.

Develop promotions and package deals for your previous customer base as well and let them know. That you are aware of the difficult financial times and are willing to work with your loyal customer base. Small public relation efforts like these can go a long way to establishing customers that will stick with you in not only the good times but the hard times too.

Remember public relations is the key and great customer services is the best public relations effort you can put out there. Reach out to the local neighbors of your business as well, try and keep good synergy in your business community and work together to keep all your businesses a float and moving forward. If we all work together and build our community networks that will help to keep our community business thriving even in uncertain financial times like now. We are all stronger when we network and work together. Keep your focus on customer relations, it’s your best weapon against financial disaster."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 85386723_27e4b567f5.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
    I wanna have drinks with this one......seriously!
    Yeah you do! Charlie is one of the living-legends in the performance boat world... (not saying that he's old like T2x is ) but he's "been there - done that" and is back doing it (building it) again!

See you at the Boston show CM!

Mark

5. Collapse Details

I'm Technology Coordinator for a private high school and have my own computer consulting business

6. Collapse Details

We sell car & truck accessories.Diesel performance,Lift kits,wheels tires and ALOT more.
    LIGHTNING-MOTORSPORTS.COM

7. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    I'm really glad this thread was started. I came across this article today and thought I'd share it here!

"In a tough financial market where every industry is feeling the financial pinch the best thing you can do for your sales is customer relations. If your industry is suffering a slow down in this market than now is the time to take that extra time and put your best customer relationship foot forward. Customer relations are vital in any market but especially now in difficult times like now. Make the extra effort to engage with your customer base, especially with all your previous customers.
    A personal touch can go a long way to building a strong bond with your customers especially in difficult times. Make those phone calls to see how they are doing with their business and let them know you were thinking about them and as prior customers they will get your priority if they need assistance. Don’t email either make the phone calls, they go so much farther than an auto responder.

Develop promotions and package deals for your previous customer base as well and let them know. That you are aware of the difficult financial times and are willing to work with your loyal customer base. Small public relation efforts like these can go a long way to establishing customers that will stick with you in not only the good times but the hard times too.

Remember public relations is the key and great customer services is the best public relations effort you can put out there. Reach out to the local neighbors of your business as well, try and keep good synergy in your business community and work together to keep all your businesses a float and moving forward. If we all work together and build our community networks that will help to keep our community business thriving even in uncertain financial times like now. We are all stronger when we network and work together. Keep your focus on customer relations, it’s your best weapon against financial disaster."
    Excellent advice Frank. I forgot to add to my post earlier that I am also a partner in a little web company that has as it's main objective...To help others by showing them the examples of good successful business practices.

My partner and I, took the examples of many industry leaders and in good times and bad times, some of them always made money. By looking at what they were doing, sometimes you can see in your own business a similar situation and perhaps copy in some way what the successful firms did.

It is called Strategy Street and is at www.strategystreet.com

Enjoy.
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

8. Collapse Details

I'm just a little F&I guy at a Ford Store

www.foxfordusa.com

jeden@foxfordusa.com

9. Collapse Details

Retired from US Coast Guard after 27 years. I now run a County Water Distribution system. What that means is once the water is proccessed and leaves the water plant it is my respondability to get it to your door. My crews maintain all water towers, fire hydrants, water meters.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    I own a diesel fuel injection and turbocharger lab... been doing it for about 37 years and owned my own business for 27 of those... Bosch certified/authorized as well as 12 other fuel injection lines, and we Master warehouse for Garrett, Holset, Borg Warner, IHI, KKK, turbo's. We stock for about 42 various diesel parts manufacturers parts wise, and stock about 8,500 part numbers for diesels... we ship to Central and South America/Caribbean every business day. We are the primary fuel and governor contractor for the USCG on all their CAT generators in the under 110' patrol boats worldwide... we work on MTU, MAN, DDA, DEERE, CAT, PERKINS, KOHLER, ONAN, CASE, CUMMINS, IVECO, ISUZU, MITSUBISHI, HINO, FORD, GM, DURAMAX, DEUTZ, MERCRUISER, VOLVO... any diesels from 2hp to 2,500 hp...

when it absolutely, positively, must be done right, call us..

always looking for new clean business relationships..

www.dpii.com

Jim Haas
    Sounds pretty cool. I am in the same industry as a Mechanical Test Engineer for Cummins, Inc. I also used to be a marine mechanic

Jr.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    Excellent advice Frank. I forgot to add to my post earlier that I am also a partner in a little web company that has as it's main objective...To help others by showing them the examples of good successful business practices.

My partner and I, took the examples of many industry leaders and in good times and bad times, some of them always made money. By looking at what they were doing, sometimes you can see in your own business a similar situation and perhaps copy in some way what the successful firms did.

It is called Strategy Street and is at www.strategystreet.com

Enjoy.
    I just visited the site; nicely done. Best of luck to you - Jeff
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SkaterGirl View Post
    Thank you, that is very sweet. And you weren't just kidding about diverse. Not only are we a custom upholstery shop and managing the Skater clothing line we are also a complete sign and awning company. Some days it is like a three ring circus. But we love it!
    Just an FYI - we are clearing out alot of the existing SkaterWear clothing at sale prices to bring on new styles in '09! I will have the website updated very soon to reflect the sale!
    Yea I grew up in a diverse atmosphere. We own a Greyhound / Western Union Station also and a heavy equipment business. In today's times you have to " get r done"!

13. Collapse Details

Sales Executive for Shipbuilding software company,from concept, design construction, life cycle. Navy and commercial.

14. Collapse Details

I am a custom rug /carpet installer designer, also design the rugs and fabricate then either the common way cut pieces glued together hand carved aka inlaid or hand tuffed by hand and plain or carved. the tuffed are made with wool/silk. also nylon now so I will be creating some high end rugs for boats. Tuffed rugs have no binding on them. But I am at a stand still until my knee replacement is done. my install days are done but my wife will be running co since its hers. wholesale with a 12x 10= about 5000 and up. whats cool about the hand tuffed you can add colors and fade colors like a 50,000 paint job. theres no one doing this now anywhere. with the hand tuffing I had to come up with custom backings so they hold up to the conditions in your boat.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I'm a merchant banker in NYC. We buy companies (alone or with partners), advise on mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, capital raises, etc. My specific background is in working with defense contractors (security services, intel outsourcing, low tech, mid tech solutions), government services, media (television, radio, outdoor advertising mostly), cable and telecom businesses. I also serve on a number of boards of directors and boards of advisors for small and mid-sized companies. Always looking to join more boards where my background and interests might prove beneficial.

But, my goal is to become a complete beach bum surrounded by warm water, fast boats and tiny bikinis (women only)!
    Miller,
    Great talking with you the other night. Happy holidays and I'll be talking with you.
    thanks,
    Dean
    Somebody got a match?

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Euro Scott View Post
    copiers, fax. printers, networks, scanners, mulifunction, color,wide format
    sales, service, supplies serving the west coast of Florida for over 20 years
    authorized dealer for many manufacturers
    You should know Steve Miklos then.
    Mike
    2006 Fountain 38TE..CC..Outboards Baby!

17. Collapse Details

yes I do, we had a mini merger thing together and my sales team sold some acct's for his business and then things went south fast and I still dont know why . Not a good deal there still trying to get paid, if that tells you anything !

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Ferry View Post
    Miller,
    Great talking with you the other night. Happy holidays and I'll be talking with you.
    thanks,
    Dean
    I too enjoyed it. Thanks for the call and have a nice holiday season as well.

Miller

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by yesrej View Post
    good to know. i have some friends at my marina that have jet boats and every time they go out something breaks. i will put them your way for parts.
    If any member needs anything for thier Jetski or Jetboat please let me know, I will have a banner on this site soon, please let me know if I can help!!

20. Collapse Details

Network cable tech, Cat-5, Cat-6, Fiber Optics, Security cameras... easy work, good part is that even in a slow economy we still have work, people need computers and phones no matter what, we just had our busiest year!
    35 Cigarette Mistress