Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Damn, there's a whole of sales-driven, big-dog testosterone in this thread. But I like it.

Lots of good points, too.

My take? We should all be rooting for the success of Statement ... and Hustler ... and Sunsation ... and Cigarette ... and so on. A high-performance marine industry turnaround, even if the industry that emerges from it is very different from what we've ever known—and it will be—is definitely in order.

I guess my point was that you can say just about anything in ads. Because the goal of advertising is sales. Advertising is never objective. It often plays fast and loose with the truth.

To be upset by an ad—any ad—is to take it too seriously.

But it does lead to great threads. So maybe it is useful after all.

2. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Dollabill;358330]Actually, it does. We used to play that scene (and others) every morning before boat shows. Gets you pumped up. When you combine pure passion and skill with anything you can be very successful.

But the leads are week Reggie

3. Collapse Details

Statement should repaint that brown football to something like hmmm say Blueish .. yellowish.. Give the boat for me as a demo, and I will be glad to show it around the PR circuit. I seen them and they seen me just about everywhere all year.
    However.. Watch for my comments of the boat after KW. Some interesting info for you all.
    As far as the $'s go.. knowing a bit about the Statement boys...they not going anywhere. Current price should be dropped however, but I know the reasons.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sellsman11 View Post
    ...Cockiness is what made America!
    Well you got all of the letters in the answer and a little too much Frankie....

5. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    [QUOTE=Expensive Date;358435]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    Actually, it does. We used to play that scene (and others) every morning before boat shows. Gets you pumped up. When you combine pure passion and skill with anything you can be very successful.

But the leads are week Reggie
    LOL Tim

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    A lot of buyers who got into the experimental boats in the infancy of these companies got the boats almost at cost and had some stake in the company....

Just a suggestion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghied Again View Post
    you need to get a few sold either you are going to sacrafice 1 or 2 for dealer cost to get them out there or take a trade that will leave a mark in the boating world.
    The Franks think alike!

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member, Competitor Cookee's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    The web site says World Champions?

http://www.hustlerpowerboats.com/racing/
    I write for a magazine in the UK about boat racing, and the Hustler is Vee Gangavian's boat - he didn't win any championships, but did establish a World Record for P1 Supersport at 91.3mph with Yanmar diesels on ASD8's Hope that helps!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    The web site says World Champions?
    Found this;
    http://www.hustlerpowerboats.com/pdf/history2.pdf

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
    Damn, there's a whole of sales-driven, big-dog testosterone in this thread. But I like it.

Lots of good points, too.

My take? We should all be rooting for the success of Statement ... and Hustler ... and Sunsation ... and Cigarette ... and so on. A high-performance marine industry turnaround, even if the industry that emerges from it is very different from what we've ever known—and it will be—is definitely in order.

I guess my point was that you can say just about anything in ads. Because the goal of advertising is sales. Advertising is never objective. It often plays fast and loose with the truth.

To be upset by an ad—any ad—is to take it too seriously.

But it does lead to great threads. So maybe it is useful after all.
    Matt, You are absolutly correct.. Advertising is Advertising, they are out to get noticed and some are better then others! Hustlers ads are just that catching to the eye and to some make them laugh and to others make them think. My belief is a bad avertisement will not be noticed, But a catchy one or a good one will either be critized or will make you remember the ad.

As far as the Performance Industry we should be wishing them all well and hope the economy springs back and soon!
    Frank Civitano

www.njppc.com

10. Collapse Details

I'm with Matt and Frank. Regardless of everyones opinion, the Ad has generated 4 pages of content in this thread alone and various other threads both here and on the other boards... One might assume this is exactly what they were hoping for. Good publicity or bad publicity their advertising has made an impact!

Speaking of advertising, anyone ever watch Mad Men?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MGReese View Post
    STATEMENT! has definitely had the best in the business in their boat and the testimonials or "STATEMENTS!" are on the website. Thing is...what they were saying was even more incredible and detailed than what was written because they were so overwhelmed and talking to others. I was there for a good portion of them.

Yes, they were proving their product, but that didn't take long. Todd and Nick are very smart and good men, they have a plan and they are not afraid to take the time to do it right.

The tarnished bling...hhmmm...whoever said that was being snotty and looking for SOMETHING to say, because that boat is beautifully custom detailed - I am in awe of it every time I look at it.

I happen to know that there are serious plans for Miami - they have created quite the buzz in less than a year and it's not over yet!
    Reese: The Statement is one beautiful boat and I do believe that once a few boats get out there, Statement will be a company that will climb to the top.
    Todd and Nick are both great guys and have what it take to make it. What they should look at is how some boat manafactures climbed to the top. The bling is what makes the boat, top quality interior, exotic engine compartment, and a very nice riding boat.. YES even in the rough stuff, they proved that at the Atlantic City Poker Run with the Ocean with better then 5 to 6s and 10 to 15s coming out the inlet. Matt Trulio remembers that well, he was on my boat Like I said they should get a few boats sold and running the Poker Runs and this would definetly get the ball rolling. She is one of the fastest V bottoms for her size with Mercury power.
    Frank Civitano

www.njppc.com

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    I'm with Matt and Frank. Regardless of everyones opinion, the Ad has generated 4 pages of content in this thread alone and various other threads both here and on the other boards... One might assume this is exactly what they were hoping for. Good publicity or bad publicity their advertising has made an impact!

Speaking of advertising, anyone ever watch Mad Men?
    Look at Reggie Fountain. His advertising was the best no matter if you liked him or not! He knew marketing, The fastest boats, World Champions, Cat Killer
    worlds most winning boats. You name it he advertised it and he would place himself in the ad wearing his Fountain gear. Sometimes he would **** people off with his ads but you did remember them.

Cigarette: Lets see how many woman they ****ed off with the sex ads.. Men loved them and Cigarette always has great ads.

As Mel Brooks said in Spaceballs its all about moichidizing !!! I spelled it the way he says it.
    Frank Civitano

www.njppc.com

13. Collapse Details

whats with the Hustler ad bashing?? is Hustler the new Sacrificial Reggie??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

14. Collapse Details

Off topic: Phragle, that ostrich picture rocks. Every time I look it at I laugh. And the text below it is priceless.

Are ostriches inherently funny or what?

Sorry for left turn. Back to the topic.

15. Collapse Details

Matt..life is a perpetual left turn....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
    Off topic: Phragle, that ostrich picture rocks. Every time I look it at I laugh. And the text below it is priceless.

Are ostriches inherently funny or what?

Sorry for left turn. Back to the topic.

you write articles for a respected magazine......get ahold of yourself

17. Collapse Details

Anyone see the BK ad comparing their double cheeseburger to the McDouble!

Now that ad pizzed me off!!!

18. Collapse Details

In 1999, a Hustler 388 Slingshot christened , “Team Snap On” powered with a pair of HP
    Mercruiser 500’s, led the Sarasota Offshore Grand Prix from start to finish. The F-II fleet was the biggest
    ever, with 18 entries making the start, it was the largest line-up in the three-year history of the class. Ten
    manufacturers were represented including Fountain, Formula, Phantom, Velocity, Nortec, Sutphen,
    Wellcraft, Eliminator, Outerlimits, and Hustler. “Team Snap On” formerly known as “Team Hustler”
    has an impressive history of wins in 1998 including an undefeated record with USORA rounding out
    10 victories for the season. Also in 1999, the 388 F2 was first place runner-up in the APBA World
    Championships out of a field of 24 entries. The 388 Hustler remains the dominating factor on the Factory
    II circuit. At 38 feet, she is the largest and still the unprecedented fastest. Hustler believes that winning is
    everything and it shows! In 1999 the 388 was awarded POWERBOAT OF THE YEAR by Powerboat
    Magazine. This award is the “Oscar” to the boating industry
    Chip

19. Collapse Details

Wherever the sun is shining and the water is rough
    I think it's great to see another high performance boat company taking a shot at it, and I wish them the best.

I was a little surprised when I heard the price. As others have said before, I would be VERY reluctant to spend $800k plus on the first boat of a new company. If Statement builds one or two boats and goes under your new boat now has almost zero resale. Surprised they don't make deals to sell a few at cost and get them out there.

I was in Miami last year and spent a lot of time at the Statement booth, those guys were nothing but gracious and informative. I spent a few minutes talking to Gene Weeks about his days racing for OL, seemed like a great guy.

In Lauderdale this year I walked around the perf docks with a buddy who is looking at new boats, but none of the performance guys showed any interest in trying to sell a boat, they were all talking amongst themselves. I certainly am not going to interupt somebodys conversation to spend my $$$.

In fact, the only guy who talked to us was Lip****z who had a beautiful 42x, but his sales tactic was to convince me that I need to buy his boat because my OL is a piece of sh*t and I'd be lucky to get 10 cents on trade. Thanks Phil.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by richanton View Post

In fact, the only guy who talked to us was Lip****z who had a beautiful 42x, but his sales tactic was to convince me that I need to buy his boat because my OL is a piece of sh*t and I'd be lucky to get 10 cents on trade. Thanks Phil.
    Haha thats funny!