1. Collapse Details
    Alot of new 28' Magic cats W/O power for sale

2. Collapse Details

Probably just liquidating the left over inventory. Un-rigged.. Just gelcoat and glass.. I looked at them too but just couldnt see building one and starting with a hull like that.

By Jayne Hanson
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:35 PM MST

A local boat manufacturer of two well-known brands of powerboats closed its doors Wednesday after 15 years of manufacturing and selling the floating luxury items.

Power Marine and Motor Sports Inc, manufacturing corporation of Magic Powerboats and Sleek Powerboats, bid farewell to its employees and consumers Monday for unknown reasons, according to the corporation’s owner.

“We are not bankrupt, we are just closing our doors. …It is very hard,” said Ron Moyes, owner of Magic and Sleek brand boat manufacturing corporation.

The longtime owner of the Lake Havasu City-based manufacturing plant and sales office would not comment as to reasons surrounding the company’s closure.

“We started downsizing (staff) last September,” Moyes said. Approximately 20 employees were affected by the closing this week, he siad.

“I think it is a big loss … it is symptomatic of what is happening in the marine industry right now,” said Jim Salscheider, executive director of Lake Havasu City Marine Association.

Moyes is the immediate past president and one of the founders of the Lake Havasu City Marine Association.

According to Salscheider, Lake Havasu City is currently home to four boat manufacturer companies that build boats from start to finish. Two other local companies build boat hulls and tops, which are then sold to other companies for finishing and branding, he said.

Moyes provided Today’s News-Herald with the farewell letter that will post today on the company’s Web site www.magicpowerboats.com that includes the message “We never imagined that we would be writing this letter to our amazing customers and friends. With tremendous hesitation and heartache we are closing our doors.

“The last 15 years have been filled with challenges, amazing memories, hard work and pride. “Thank your for your business.

“We are so thankful that you were all a part of our journey!”

3. Collapse Details

I drive by the Beach Blvd and Second Street lots pretty frequently. There are a ton of boats out there that are unrigged/uncut transoms. I know they're relatively popular with the Havasu lake boat crowd, but I don't really know what to say about them other than that...