Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    I tought there were over 100 Vertec's built also...
    I talk to Ian and Paul and they are all in about racing...they said in the new 525 Class in OPA They would detune there 625 to meet what ever was agreed to compare to the 525's and Smitty is looking into it....we would like to run the 625 in the new Dragon...and like Smitty says...it will bring in more compitition....I talked to Dave at Inovation a few weeks back and they still have motors there....

There is no reason you could not get someone like Tyler or Frank from Scorpion to dyno and test all engines and make adjustments to make it close as possible to running the same HP and torque....

The one engine, drive combo has been tried.....and while I would think it should have worked...it has not....but again...we all talk about prize money...don't loose site of the other oppertunitys out there for money...like let the 3 engine manufactures compete with each other and let them put up money to have racers used there equipment...who cares if the money comes from prize money or from the engine builders....is money in your pocket....and with that will come support....maybe not putting all your eggs in one basket is the best way to go.....and with the new tech coming out in drive packages...like the Ilmor Daytona, Wiseman, Imco and Mercury....lets open the door to some great companys.....let the #6's, Wisemen and new Daytona get classed in...and the Imco's and Bravos do the same.....

The racers need backing from the equipment we buy....not a monopoly for just company and one Org...if all orgs can get on the same page and open the doors to these other companys then it wil also open the doors to racers to race agasint each other with comperable equipment.....
    I'm naive at this. In earlier NASCAR where the designs were unequal, they tested the vehicles and added weight or spoiler changes or restrictor plates etc. Wouldn't the same principles work with all the expertise you guys have to figure it out?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

there is alot of money at stake in NASCAR. I have no doubt, the expertise is there. Problem with boat racing, no one wants to tech engines or be tied up in tech all nite on Sunday. The money is not there to do it right, in my opinion.

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    there is alot of money at stake in NASCAR. I have no doubt, the expertise is there. Problem with boat racing, no one wants to tech engines or be tied up in tech all nite on Sunday. The money is not there to do it right, in my opinion.
    Well, in some roundy round racing around here. You have to be willing to sell your motor for a predetermined amount to keep expensive cheating from going on.

There is no protest, just some guy says he wants your motor, $10,000 and it's his......

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    OK boys let me ask you this!!!! How much money would you need to do it right????

I am talking tech, prize money, TV, contingencies and whatever else you can throw in the barrel.....I want to hear it all best case scenario right down to how much prize money to pay out and make sure that the racer will get paid to race in your answer here....

I am talking best case scenario for the racer!!!!!

BTW there is a catch coming but I want to hear from racers in all 3 orgs!!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANT BABY!!!!!

Here's your chance to air it all out!!!!!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Well, in some roundy round racing around here. You have to be willing to sell your motor for a predetermined amount to keep expensive cheating from going on.

There is no protest, just some guy says he wants your motor, $10,000 and it's his......
    APBA LLC had the same thing as far as props go!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    I have actually said I would race OSS as the real people behind the boycott are long gone. The reality is they will not allow the Vortec. If I thought someone was cheating I would just protest them.
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Talk to Randy about the Vortec.

One thing I do like about the euro p1 is the short course one day, and the long course the next.
    Well it would be good to have you and other Vortecs. Maybe some agreement can be found.

7. Collapse Details

Being able to pay the race bills works for me. Not looking to make a living off of racing but it would be nice to race for free so to speak. Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    OK boys let me ask you this!!!! How much money would you need to do it right????

I am talking tech, prize money, TV, contingencies and whatever else you can throw in the barrel.....I want to hear it all best case scenario right down to how much prize money to pay out and make sure that the racer will get paid to race in your answer here....

I am talking best case scenario for the racer!!!!!

BTW there is a catch coming but I want to hear from racers in all 3 orgs!!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANT BABY!!!!!

Here's your chance to air it all out!!!!!!!!!
    Didn't give up for long Sean.....

9. Collapse Details

I cant stand to lose thats the problem and I know there's a workable deal somewhere in all of this he said, she said bs

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor
    We need more racers than talkers.

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    There have been many ways in the past to do this....but not the smoke and mirror ways....like pay full retail for a engine and get money for every race you do.....

Sean....every racer will have a differant dollor amount in mind...

But if there were 3 engines manufactures involved and/or dirve packages...have a deal made with them to sell there packages at a discount up front and a dollor amount for each race that is attended....not retail credits....actual cash at each race site....

So let say you can pick up one of the engines for 22k....and you get $1000 to $1500 a race per engine up to 8 to 9 races a year....and any rebuilts have to be done by the manufacure that egines you are running they would have a posted rebuilt price......

1. You would have some income for showing up for the racers....so even if you did not place you could recover some of your expenses...plus with twin engine boats you could get between 2 and 3k per race....plus if you place you can get your prise money.....and then have a drive sponsorship also...#6 cost 80k for a set....so have a discounted price on them also and a 1k to $1500 a drive cash back at the racees attended up to 8 or 9 races....

From racing a single engine to a twin engine boat the cost more then doubles...and can get pretty expensive...plus with the incentive on the twin engine packages...it will intise the single engine guys to move up also....and you could have new teams join in on the single engine deal...

Just a thought....

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    We need more racers than talkers.
    I have no problem racing I just can't afford the bill at the moment

13. Collapse Details

OK let me give you an example of what I am talking about

1) A level playing field for each class.....
    2) Strong competitive class with several boats that compete
    3) Tech rules that are enforceable and punishable
    4) Show up money for anything over 500 miles
    5) Contingency programs that reward the racers that do well
    6) Prize Money and not prize money to recoup my expenses paid down 3 places
    a) Third place pays you enough to recoup your expenses
    b) Second pays double Third
    c) First will pay a very very nice purse
    7) TV coverage primetime live every race......
    8) A national championship that if you win pays a disgusting display of wealth
    9) A world championship that actually carries an inherent honor of winning it along with the above disgusting display of wealth prize purse!!!
    10) A global world championship that if you win that YOU ARE THE MF'ing MAN
    11) A gala event in the winter that everyone attends and is honored for their accomplishments much like the Oscars
    12)Stay tuned I have a lot more

14. Collapse Details

personally, I think your seriously on to something..

15. Collapse Details

The vision is unfolding...

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Steve I am all ears. What is your offer to race with the 525 SVL fleet? We talked earlyer in the year and you were going to e-mail me your proposal. I never got it so please send it again and I will propose it to the SVL teams. I heard you will be in Sunny Isle a couple of weeks so lets get it done. As I recall you didnt want any of the purse money but wanted to be recognized for what position you finished in. Lets fine tune it.
    MD

17. Collapse Details

So Randy... are you thinking of a power to weight ration for SVL?... like Super V

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Steve I am all ears. What is your offer to race with the 525 SVL fleet? We talked earlyer in the year and you were going to e-mail me your proposal. I never got it so please send it again and I will propose it to the SVL teams. I heard you will be in Sunny Isle a couple of weeks so lets get it done. As I recall you didnt want any of the purse money but wanted to be recognized for what position you finished in. Lets fine tune it.
    MD
    I will do that pick a dyno. Take a sample 525 from your fleet and my engine.
    Steve

19. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Making progress ......

20. Collapse Details
    The real deal:
    Guys this is all great but there are some things that need to be realized to ever move forward:

Show me a sponsor that is happy with their Offshore Racing experience (Mercury Racing does not count)

Show me race promoter that has made money repeatedly. I know of 2. Sarasota and Key West.

Show me an independent promoter who has made money in the last 5 years.

You must ask yourself. Why would anyone bother to put a race on for the racers? Whats in it for them?

The same rings true for a sponsor. Whats in it for them?

So let's suppose you do get it all going. What would you do to prevent the next boycott?

This was the case when the economy was at a very high level. How can it possibly work now?

Racers are thumbing their nose at a circuit with TV and a sponsor. You have to ask. How can you be viewed by the sponsors or IRS as a for profit racing team?

If you did have a real sponsor they will demand the most exposure possible (TV the bigger the better).

So if you land a real one you need to get to where they get a return, or you will have nothing.

So let's suppose you do get it all going what would you do to prevent the next boycott? There were guys with real deals that lost them in the boycott (no one cared).

Bob Bull had everything in place in 2004 (sponsors, speed TV etc) after the 2003 boycott but was still boycotted, why? He was left to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to put on races. I would bet all of you wish he would still do what he did today.

How can the racers ever gain corporate Americas trust when the do not act like professional racers and deliver the best exposure possible for their sponsor? Why because they walked out to race for a not for profit with next to zero commercial exposure? No one will ever understand it but you can keep trying to sell it. After 5 years if you cant sell it ,nobody's buying.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Miklos; 05-26-2009 at 08:22 AM.